Teacher feed puppy to snapping turtle

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by unfocusedanakin, Mar 22, 2018.

1. deleted

deleted Visitor

You dont feel bad killing a plant to eat?.. I feel terrible having to harvest buds to smoke. I mean holy shit look those beautiful flowers , damn .. :( [​IMG] :D

guerillabedlam likes this.
  2. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Ummm.....I used to live on Pepsi, and since I am not drinking pepsi anymore......I barely get calories from anything anymore.... ....What did I have today? Oh, boy! 2 tablespoons of raw honey, as i continue to waste away.....lol

I never did have a big love affair with eating too much of anything.....and now, I am trying to think of things to eat so I don't lose too much more weight, and it has not easy these days.....Every day is a new challenge here.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  3. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

One of my favorite vegetarian things to eat is (Mahatma) yellow rice covered with sauteed (in olive oil) onions, yellow and red peppers. Sometimes I toss in some green peppers and saute them also.

For the life of me I cannot comprehend why in the hell they would euthanize that turtle...that makes absolutely no sense.

But then I've discovered that in this USA NOTHING need make any sense for it to happen or be so. smh

farmerdon likes this.
  4. Moonglow181

Made no sense to me, either....feed the turtle...then euthanize it....:(

I just ate some applesauce....That was great.
    I tried some rice the other day and that was a flop with me. :(

I made a huge pot of spaghetti sauce yesterday...Stan enjoyed it very much with his entire box of ziti. OMG, I never saw anyone eat so much all at once, and he paid dearly for eating that much, too. I tried some spoons of sauce and vomited them out.....Just put the sauce in containers now into the freezer for when Stan wants pasta and sauce again. Might be a long while before he does again now....lol

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

the turtle is illegal in that state. evasive species, eats the eggs of fish and other harmless turtles, its like a shark with a shell, all it does is swim, eat and make more turtles. far from endangered tho.. I use to fish for em, but havent in a while .. I see em breach the surface when fishing sometimes.

6. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

^^Jaws reference!!!

Anyway, human beings are weird. We're the only predators in a nature that also have a conscience. So we're hardwired to eat meat, but we feel bad for doing it.

That's a big evolutionary screw up

Orison likes this.
  7. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

It's the fact that the animal can not escape. Nature is fair because the predator has to work for his food and the pretty can figure out what is happening before it's too late. When you throw the prey into the aquarium it's still the food chain but you give it no chance.

Eric!, Asmodean and Lynnbrown like this.
  8. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I don't have a crush on Ramsey and thoroughly think kids should be forced (yes, really) to witness the processing of meat. From live animal to packaged piece of flesh.
    But not with puppies or dogs in general, or by feeding them to other animals in captivity

9. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

What was the lesson of the day? How to become a psychopath? :rage:

The teacher should be fired, and banned from teaching. What a sick fuck.

Eric! likes this.
  10. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Speaking of justice for dogs, good news out of Dedham Superior Court concerning the Puppy Doe Trial

Radoslaw Czerkawski, was found guilty on 12 counts of animal cruelty and will spend the next eight to 10 years in state prison.
    He was the guy who purchased a dog on craigslist then tortured it to death.

Lynnbrown likes this.
  11. Eavesdrop

Eavesdrop Member

No one would care if it was a rat instead of a puppy. Teacher should have known better because people are weird about puppies and kittens.

farmerdon likes this.
  12. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I wouldn't say no one. But far less people indeed. I find it not that weird.

13. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Plants don't have the nervous system or intelligence to have fear. They have a defense mechanism that pro meat eaters try to say is the same thing as mammals. But any botanist will say that is false. That is in a nutshell why some do not animals but do eat plants

14. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

irs Horrible, but the double standards of what constitutes life astound me

In your local pet shop, crickets etc are boxed live and fed to reptiles

Mice are bred to be killled for such pleasure.

obviously the puppy was a no go, but my point is that it happens

Eavesdrop and farmerdon like this.
  15. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I wonder how much natural animal habitat has been destroyed to grow vegetables to feed animal-loving vegans.

Eric! and Lynnbrown like this.
  16. Moonglow181

Well, golly gee, of course it is an animal lover's fault.........what isn't?
    I should be like the rest of the queen bee's here and assume the world revolves around me, or expect it to, anyway..

Yeah, don't forget all of the golf courses all over the world that take up the animal's land, and all of the other things humans need to live happily in their amusement park of a planet made JUST FOR HUMANS.

I think that anyone who is not affected deeply by this atrocious story has to be sadist masochist..

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  17. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Not nearly has many as have been destroyed to grow wheat and other sources of food to feed the animals grown for meat. Beef farming (growing cattle and their food) is the leading cause of tropical deforestation.

From the Union of Concerned Scientists:

"Beef cattle
    Of the four major deforestation drivers (beef, soy, wood, and palm oil), beef has by far the largest impact. Converting forest to pasture for beef cattle, largely in Latin America, is responsible for destroying 2.71 million hectares of tropical forest each year—an area about the size of the state of Massachusetts—in just four countries. This is more than half of tropical deforestation in South America, and more than five times as much as any other commodity in the region"

Eric! likes this.
  18. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

It probably depends on many factors. My college roommate had a Ball Python and would feed it live mice, it had some sloppy kills where it didn't kill the rodent immediately but not once did it get injured or did I see a mice that stood a chance.

19. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I think it's a testament to evolutionary success. I'm sure there has been some niche groups (Jainism comes to mind) throughout time that have had those concerns but it's probably an extremely recent development in the human timeline where people have had enough luxury to really be that conscientious about such an issue.

It actually stated this in the article...

So yah these mice and birds apparently were not important enough to make an article about. We definitely have an interesting hierarchy towards precedence of importance of life.

20. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

anyone got this on video?