Stoners Really Are Fucking Lazy.

Discussion in 'Cannabis Activism' started by Yeal, Feb 21, 2008.

1. One thing I have done over the years is plant seeds everywhere. I usually pick some way out of the way place, like the Ocala National forest, the Talladega, the Catskills even, and plant about an acre. Then I leave and I don't return. I'm not planting it so I can harvest and make lots of money, greed isn't my thing.

My feeling is that if the plant becomes common as dirt, the laws against it will become meaningless. It may also impact the price (face it, MOST dealers are gouging us with high prices because they are greedy shitheads).

Oh and before this happens, I KNOW some of you out there are waiting to reply with "Seeds? What are seeds" and all kinds of other posturing comments that suggest you have never seen a seed because you only smoke the best. Grow up, pot comes from seeds and we ALL get seeds every so often. Save them, plant them, let them grow and let nature do its thing.

If you plant enough plots deep in the woods, not in huge clearings where it can be easily spotted by air (Pot has a unique appearance through an infrared scope), but in lots of random spots close enough for them to cross pollenate, the stuff will grow. Like weed!!!!

So fuck NORML, what incentive do they REALLY have to see pot legalized? It means certain unemployment for them doesn't it? Won't all those stoners who send in three bucks realize they don't need to send it anymore? NORML and MPP are just money machines. But the money isn't going to bribing congress, where it might have a chance to work, it's going to "Administrative Costs" (AKA salaries). At least they have a tiny defense fund, but I have only ever heard a few examples of people it helped, and I heard it from them, so who really knows what the deal is?

Most huge charities admit only 5-20% of the money coming in goes to the actual charitable causes. The rest is eaten up by the process of administering funds. That takes an army of accountants, lawyers and cubicle-bound wage slaves. If a REAL group came out and said "Donate so we can bribe congress into legalizing pot" I'd send $100 a month. Instead we get to pay for and endless (since the 70s) array of "Awareness Programs".

People are "aware" of pot. They are "aware" that since Clinton's crackdown it has become routine for 3/4 millions Americans to be arrested for pot every year. Both parties deal with pot the same way, by locking more and more Americans into cages. At best they make pot smokers go to rehab. Rehab clinics used to laugh at people who said they were hooked on pot. Now the courts have shown them that pot addiction is big money.

Until we can take the money away, pot will never be legal. If it was free, the oinkers wouldn't give a shit about it!

CF

2. High_Times_w_Kumar

High_Times_w_Kumar Member

i dont smoke just because its illegal, my friend does but he says thats just a pls he likes it.
    i smoke cuz i like it and i like the stoner culture

3. Guitar

Guitar Senior Member

I like your idea

4. WanderingSoul

WanderingSoul Free

Great post. Thank you. :)

5. SnipedDragon

SnipedDragon Member

I'm sorry ... but yes indeed ... I just had to reply.

The weed I smoke contains no seeds, yay! Welcome to holland sunshine, where seeds are the rarest thing on earth on the more expensive buds :)

I buy my seeds from a seedbank, most plants aren't grown from seeds here. They are grown out of pieces of a selected motherplant (don't know how to translate the word).

Also, I wouldn't let nature do it's thing over here. It would be a waste of time, weed has a hard time to grow naturally here.

Brag, brag, brag, brag, brag bragedie brag.
    lol

6. ESRUOS ENO

ESRUOS ENO Senior Member

NOICH NOICH NOICH

7. MellowMike

MellowMike Member

I live in Colorado and last year decriminalization for under an ounce was on the ballot. Everyone I know here smokes, but no one I know (except a couple friends and myself) VOTED for this. My own random survey of a small sampling of people indicated to me that all stoners where I live were too high to get off the couch at the time. I guess this is understandable since the chronic here is pretty dank, but I have to agree with the OP and state my opinion that stoners are too lazy to legalize their own drug of choice.

8. ESRUOS ENO

ESRUOS ENO Senior Member

Stoners unlike. US A here ,,Are not interested in politics... So if your a active pot pusher and doing more things to make ppl aware that its not just a party drug. your doing your part...

9. MellowMike

MellowMike Member

Stoners here apparently aren't interested in politics either, but the thread is about legalization, and here you have to pass laws by voting for them, to make things legal....

10. Technically it's called "Cloning" but in gardening terms it's just called "Rooting Clippings".

Also, for the moment Europe is still pretty liberal, particularly Holland, but we can all see that is changing. Enjoy it while you can, for soon you'll be buried with drug laws like we are in America. All it will take is for European politicians to realize that busting people for drugs is amazingly profitable. Once money comes into the equation, freedom suffers!

CF

11. burnabowl

burnabowl Dancing Tree

I'm an everyday smoker, and i'm fiercely into politics, enough even to know that you don't change mj laws by talking to your legislators. Even if you convince them, they're still bound to pop opinion (or their monatery benefactors).

The most effective attempts at reform, as Esruos said, are to subtly and persistently communicate with the 'normals.' Make friends with ppl who don't smoke and show that you're just like them. If you can do that, you can be as lazy as you want otherwise, and still claim to be making a difference.

Stoners are only lazy by mainstream standards. Many of us look at normal society and see that they are very lazy in independent thought. They're active, not productive. I think it's better to be lazy by conventional definitions than to be exerting lots of physical energy into a flaccid pursuit.
    This stoner doesn't work, not because I'm lazy, but because I've seen the futility of work, as conventionally defined. You'll know within a couple minutes of talking to one of us, that the perceived lack of effort is really redirected effort expanding the inner soul.

Also, I think one ought to define exactly what they mean by cannabis law reform. Is your goal to smoke in front of people in the street and not look like a criminal? If it is, that doesn't require effort, or legal reform. You just do it. In fact, it requires MORE laziness, since you don't have to devise ways to stay privately stoned in public. The more people do this, the closer we get to legal. If your goal is to get people to see that cannabis is not just a drug, its a source for fuel, food, textiles, etc. Something more energy-driven is required, but you're up against the same thing that any advocate or lobbyist of any group is against, and that is the perceived threat to the business-health of giant corporations (in this case, pharma, fuel companies). The second goal might actually be met indirectly by adherence to the principles of the first goal :)

12. stalk

stalk Banned

It's true, guys.
    If you smoke ganja every day
    (and don't have HIV)
    you are totally disrespecting this plant
    and you are mostly likely very lazy.

13. burnabowl

burnabowl Dancing Tree

WTF?!?!^

Why do you guys keep talking about herb like it is the one all-influencing power in a life. If you're lazy and a pot head, it's not that pot makes you lazy, it's that you're lazy and you happen to smoke pot. It makes who you really are come out in fuller scale. What about the people who smoke pot everyday and are otherwise fully normal citizens? You just don't know about them because they are good at keeping it secret. Weed brings out the inner self from them, and that self is not lazy. You only think that all daily-tokers are lazy because there are no other everyday tokers to compare them to, cuz they're all at work.

my golden rule about daily smoking is that if you're stoned for eight hours that day, you need to be straight for another eights hours.Not consecutively, but any amount of time stoned should be met by that same amount of time spent sober. it's easy to avoid 'laziness' when you're not stoned the entire day. that I might consider disrespectful to the plant.

14. medicalbud

medicalbud Member

Theres better things to do than that like vote and pass a prop law like we did in cali with prop 215 in 96 passed and now 400+clubs and a state wide program.
    Other states vote and passed as well.
    ------------------------------------------>
    It's true, guys.
    If you smoke ganja every day
    (and don't have HIV)
    you are totally disrespecting this plant
    and you are mostly likely very lazy.

Who are you to judge others.

15. Devilreject1

Devilreject1 Member

gov't bastards hate anything that they cant get all the profit from. if weed was made legal then everyone could grow it so those bitches couldnt get profit.

16. stalk

stalk Banned

Sorry, no offense guys.
    I smoked for 7 years straight,
    all my friends smoke every day
    I've seen how she totally controls our monkey lives.

My friends are lazy, I was lazy
    yeah we work (I'm a professional recording engineer, where there's lots of ganja smoking on the job)

but the truth is
    herb, every single day, is disrespectful to her essence, lazy, and totally unnecessary.

sorry to burst your bubble,
    but that's my opinion.

17. WanderingSoul

WanderingSoul Free

Yo Stalk. Just because you and your friends are lazy and smoke pot constantly....
    doesn't mean me and mine are or do.

MJ doesn't make you lazy. YOU do.

18. stalk

stalk Banned

Right!
    Totally.

I still think smoking ganja everyday is totally disrespectful.

Sorry stoners :p

19. burnabowl

burnabowl Dancing Tree

you'll have to outline exactly what your standards of value are when it comes to weed in order to make any sense, unless you don't care to make sense. None of us are going to search through your post history to acquire your rationale concerning how you came to the conclusion that smoking everyday is disrespectful to the essence of ganja.

We all have our definitions about how to preserve the sacredness of herb. Mine include: not smoking to relieve normal negative emotion, not selling it, smoking small amounts, etc. You also have a code of ethics about it, no doubt anecdotal or circumstantial. The difference is, you're sort of pontificating and just assuming that people will see the wisdom of your words carried in the words themselves. We're not afraid of truth, we just want supportive and cogent reasoning to couple alleged truth.

Can't you concede that there are some people with a certain makeup and background, that respond differently than other groups of people to weed? Since people are vastly diverse, why would you assume that they all respond the same way to herb? It's good to seek truth and ethics, but it's divine to never feel fully satisifed with a given code of ethics.

20. WanderingSoul

WanderingSoul Free

I agree. ^^