sleep or no sleep that is the question

Discussion in 'Dreams' started by jayza, Nov 17, 2017.

1. jayza

jayza Members

I am at a point where the only times I do sleep I have nightmares about my past. I want it to stop. I thought if I wrote out the dream and got it off my chest it would stop but I was wrong. I don't know what it means I know I have problems but it has me regretting going to sleep. Anyone have a cure or remedy for nightmares? I would gladly try anything. I won't go into detail of the dream because you would all think omg she is so damaged. I just want it to stop!!! I would stay awake but your body needs sleep so how to fix it?

soulcompromise likes this.
  2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I think that you should sleep. The odds are probably better than 50/50 you even dream at all! :weary:

3. jayza

jayza Members

Any suggestions on how to get to sleep without being afraid the dream will come back? I know if you think about something long enough it transfers to your dreams. I have tried meditation but it doesn't seem to work. so any suggestions would be helpful

4. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

No. I think you should just try to sleep and then maybe you'll luck out without having nightmares. I remember when I was little I had nightmares sometimes. Every now and then I will have one. I remember sometime this year (and I'm 37) I had this dream that someone was either holding my ankles down or pulling me by my ankles and in the dream I realized this and was frightened. Then I woke with a start! Not a very scary nightmare but I remember being under the impression that there might be someone in the room. Not literally, but I had this weird fear about it. I don't know...

I would try some over the counter melatonin. This will probably help you get to sleep, and then hopefully not have nightmares.

5. Americunt

Americunt Corporate Hack

I'd say dreams have been a lifelong hobby of mine, but that word's not quite right. Dreams I've had are some of my earliest memories, I really love diving into them. I'm no stranger to nightmares either. I'm interested in what your dream is about. If you want, feel free to PM me about it. I promise, you can't out-weird me in terms of content :tearsofjoy:

6. themnax

themnax Senior Member

it probably not possible, and certainly not healthy, to try and not sleep ever, but fatigue hallucinations are free, and pretty darn good some times.

although i think they still count as dreaming, even if you're standing up and think you're awake.
    best to sit down before you fall down when having them.