Skinny Dipping

Discussion in 'Nudism, Naturism' started by rheeglenn, Nov 28, 2018.

1. rheeglenn

rheeglenn Visitor

My wife and I have talked a lot about going skinny dipping together, but we've never done it. I know, I know... no guts, no glory--except that she's actually done it before, with a group of friends while she was in college. I never have at all. I would so love to be out in the open with her, swimming nude together. What a feeling of freedom and abandon. But the thing is, we are afraid of getting caught--mainly as in, arrested, but secondarily, being shamed.
    Any tips from any experienced skinny-dippers out there? How do we find a place where we can go skinny dipping without fear of it being a hassle, legal problem, etc.?

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Where do you live, as in geographical surroundings?

When the snow melts into the streams and rivers here during summer, I to into the Alps and dip. I can travel places nobody ever sets foot either my foot or on horseback. Dipping in a snow melt is absolute bliss, hot outside and freezing cold water is so refreshing.

3. rheeglenn

rheeglenn Visitor

Ouch. I could never take a cold dip, lol. I live in Midwest USA, in a suburb of a minor metropolis, but secluded areas aren't terribly difficult to find. The difficulty is finding a body of water that isn't policed in one way or another.

4. TAZER-69

TAZER-69 Listen To Your Heart! Lifetime Supporter

Find someone with a pool that is somewhat private. Mine is great for skinny dipping.

Mirsman likes this.
  5. gentlesenior

gentlesenior Members

The easiest skinny dipping I have done has been in rivers. Many roads in the U.S. often follow rivers so as you drive along side of them take the time to eye parking spots and nice swimming holes. I often ride my bike so no need to find parking plus you will have more access to privacy. I insist on large sunning rocks adjacent to deep pools with a nice rapid fore a massage nearby. Lakes with parking lots are difficult, oceans are good but you a bit far. So find a CLEAN river in your area, with a road (or better yet a bike path ) adjacent and start scouting. Be ready for spring.

6. Barry Mandelay

Barry Mandelay Banned

I often swim in the local lake nude. Once I’m more than waist deep I remove my swim trunks, tie them to my swim buoy, and go out nude in the water. I like to do this whenever I get the chance. It’s a bit of a risk of getting caught, although I never have, but the thrill is worth it. Being that I swim long distances at a time I find myself out in the middle of the lake with nobody around. It's best midday when schools in session so there are no children with humorless parents around. I have swam nude in several lakes during my travels. There's a certain free feeling I get swimming nude that I can’t get any other way.

Here's a funny story about my only swim in a river. I was in south Texas camped by a nice river flowing out of the Austin area. I had entered the water, doffed my trunks and tied them to my buoy, and swan up river for a mile or so. When I returned I swam up to a dock so I could have some support in the current in order to slip my trunks back on. I heard a "Howdy!" from the dock and looked up to see a local standing there. He asked how far I had gone and continued with conversation about the history of the river and other things. All of this while I hung onto the dock waiting for him to move along. My trunks were visible still tied to my buoy but it seemed he never noticed. No comments were made about the possibility of me being naked. Finally I had enough as I thought I would never get him to leave so I apologized with the excuse I needed to finish my workout and swam back up river a half mile or so. When I returned he had gone. Quickly I slid into my trunks and departed the water. I returned the next day for a repeat. What I didn't expect was for him to return as well but there he was with the same "Howdy!" from the dock. This time being frustrated by his presence I untied my trunks and slid them on, exited the water, and sat down on a bench. We talked for a while and like before nothing was said about me in the water nude. I learned a lot about that river though.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  7. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

I'm in.

8. Biggles_Nude!

Biggles_Nude! Hakuna matata.

Summer here in Australia now and skinny-dippers are turning up in the bush, by the rivers, around the creeks, in the trees, on the beaches... no hang-ups about it here. It is not a hanging offence to skinny dip if you are away from a populated place where some menace may interpret your behaviour as lewd or illegal. Of course you wouldn't strip off and Rollerblades down your front driveway in full view of peak hour traffic, so consider heading out of town to a remote area and giving it a go. As you say, 'no guts, no glory'. That's the way it works and you've got to start somewhere.

9. Daretobare

Daretobare Member

You dont mention where youre from so hard to help. But couple ideas for you. Are there any landed nude resorts, nonlanded nudist clubs or nude beaches in your area?. There is an app called Nudist Compass ive used. It can help find locations wherever your at. Another source of info is the AANR website.

10. Alice in SC

Alice in SC Senior Member

I live on a Farm in South Carolina I love to take a little break during the day and take a dip to cool off!

11. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I just go in the sea. I have done this in extremely secluded places and less so secluded places. But i've never been too worried about people seeing me. Most people who see you just look away quickly and go on with their day.

12. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

You say. you are in the midwest. That's a fairly large swath of geography so its tough to make a specific recommendation. I can tell you Arkansas is loaded with lots of small lakes. Some of them have marinas where you can rent a small boat. The lakes have lots of little coves and inlets which are great places to beach the boat strip down and skinny dip to your heart's content.

13. I’mtheonlynudistIknow

I’mtheonlynudistIknow Members

Swimming in the nude is gloriously sensuous. Gliding through the cool water. And then letting the sun and breeze dry you completely. It is sublime. Find a clothing optional resort and you’ll have no worries. Best of luck.

14. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I've done it a few times--go somewhere really secluded, or in a pool, or even in the /lake at night. Worse comes to worse the cops will flash you with their lights and tell you to leave.

15. Laker06

Laker06 Senior Member

After you do it one time, you'll never want to wear wet trunks again.

rheeglenn likes this.
  16. rheeglenn

rheeglenn Visitor

We've discussed clothing-optional and even non-clothing-optional nudist resorts. There's one clothing-not-optional resort that's several hours' drive away from us. They require you to undergo a screening process, and it's for families only, to ensure a balance of males to females, all to cut down on voyeurism. We are not sure how much we'd like being "forced" NOT to wear our clothes, and that for however many days, we'd be doing various things around other people who would also be naked the entire time. Nudism overload, LOL.

It's funny, really... we're not into exhibitionism at all... We're not really looking for more reasons or venues to be naked in general. We'd just like to go swimming naked together on occasion. And while we'd prefer to be alone when we do so, it wouldn't be a huge deal if a person here or there happened to *see* us, as long as it wouldn't be blown up into a huge, needless scandal.

One important thing, though: We do NOT get a thrill about the possibility of "getting caught" if it could lead to trouble. We've heard about some skinny-dippers' run-ins with cops. Sometimes they just get shooed off, sometimes they're warned more formally (as in, the officer will still write the ticket, but it carries no fine), and sometimes it leads to a fine or jail time. Very not cool.

If this helps, we live in Iowa, in the Des Moines area. Thanks for all your views so far. Anything else you can offer? The anecdotes are also fun. Keep them coming!

17. Daretobare

Daretobare Member

Looked up your area on nudist compass app. There are a couple of listings in your area and others around. Check it out

rheeglenn likes this.
  18. Amontillado

Amontillado Member extraordinaire HipForums Supporter

You should check up on the laws in your state. A lot of them seem to make nudity illegal only if it's done for sexual reasons. Then you can look up stuff on the internet, like <Iowa swimming holes> for ideas on where to go. Even if the places listed are used by lots of people in swimsuits, if you look around (check maps in advance, maybe) there could be a spot nearby where you can get in the water without being seen. Or, if you have a boat, or kayaks, you might be able to start somewhere public and travel far enough to find a private spot for a swim.

Here's a start, and it looks pretty benign:
    » Iowa Code 709.9 – Indecent exposureLawServer

rheeglenn likes this.
  19. rheeglenn

rheeglenn Visitor

Thanks. You mentioned AANR as well. How comprehensive are they? Do they list all nudist/clothing optional venues exhaustively?