Russian ties to the National Rifle Association and Trump

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MeAgain, Apr 17, 2018.

1. storch

storch banned

Well, you didn't really ask what his point was in stating it. You only asked what his point was. His statement was the point. That's obvious. What you asked me was whether it was good or bad. And of course, not being the author of the statement, I recommended that take that up with the author.

2. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Storch, this is why I hesitate to interact with you. You're prone to make an issue out of the most trivial nonsense, and after awhile I end up kicking myself for wasting time with you. I didn't ask what his point was in stating it, only in asking what his point was? Is that what you're saying? Really? Sounds almost Clintonesque: It all depends on what the meaning of "is" is. Let me explain why I asked the question. It seemed to me that Machinist was suggesting that Russian involvement in the peace movement during the Vietnam War was comparable to Russian involvement in the NRA today. Before addressing that contention, I wanted him to make clear that that was what he was suggesting. Capish?

McFuddy likes this.
  3. storch

storch banned

Well then why didn't you just ask him that? You could have avoided kicking yourself again.

4. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

I did ask him what he meant. He didn't respond. You butted in, so out of courtesy, I replied to you.

Asmodean likes this.
  5. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Are the Russian and American governments going to join forces AND GOING TO PUT ON A SCHOOL PLAY?

6. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

If you want to believe Stanislav Lunev a former Russian GRU officer.

Or you could believe the CIA, M15, and M16:
    You gonna believe a Russian traitor or your own intelligence agencies?

7. storch

storch banned

It wasn't apparent that the point of your question to Machinist was to find out whether he was suggesting that Russian involvement in the peace movement during the Vietnam War was comparable to Russian involvement in the NRA today. After all, when I answered for him, your reply was to ask me whether it was good or bad.

But it doesn't matter. The important thing is that he now knows exactly what you're asking him.

8. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

Ppfffft. Its pretty comical youre gonna believe all those intelligence agencies.

Lying is their job.

LOL Of course the KGB or Russian embassy didnt have direct ties to the peace movement. You think theyre stupid?

9. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

Sorry to burst your bubble, but your romanticized vision of the 60's anti war movement was funded by the USSR

10. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Are you just going to assert that or provide some supporting evidence? I'd be amazed if the USSR didn't try to support the 60s anit-war movement as much as possible. They invented front organizations, and the war was a war on their clients. But we need some idea of the extent of the involvement. Was it the same as their involvement in the 2016 campaign? or their support of the NRA? Show is some facts.

MeAgain likes this.
  11. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Well, ultimately it's a matter of who you find more trustworthy. If you prefer to believe the FSB and the authoritarian regime of Kremlin thugs, that's your choice. Interesting though. BTW, Действительно ли Вы являетесь американскими?

12. MeAgain

So, you believe Russian agents over your own country, assuming you are a U.S. citizen.
    Big deal. You seem to think Russians are more honest and are morally superior to United States citizens.
    It's a free country.

13. MeAgain

Well as I was there and as I follow history and don't believe everything Russia says, I don't believe you.
    Especially as you provide no facts to back up your claim, just an opinion.

14. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

If that were true it would mean Russians were America's enemy. So what has changed now? Why are they not?

15. Toggle Almendro

Toggle Almendro Banned

I don't find these truths inconvenient. If Russia wants to spend money on the preservation of American freedom, good.

16. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Funded by the USSR? How fuckin' far are you people willing to go? And what do you mean funded? Passed out money to hippies at concerts? And just who got paid by the USSR? I never heard of anything like that in the 60s--70s or any time. Until now with these assholes in and around the white house.You (or someone)is going to have to PROVE THAT STATEMENT with FACTS.

stormountainman and Tyrsonswood like this.
  17. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Considering how much the hippies and counter culture were already hated I am sure any hint of Russian involvement would have been mainstream news. Hey look at all these long haired commies who will not even fight the communists in Vietnam.

Back then there was no Fox of MSNBC. The news was the news.

scratcho likes this.
  18. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Man, this political bullshit gets REALLY tiring. People used to have a little pride in themselves and what they said and would NEVER carry on day after day, week after week, etc,etc, as if the government is totally fucked , the FBI, CIA, et al are rife with crooks , democrats are commies, Fox is legitimate news, and republicans just passed a tax bill for the working people. Lying is too damned easy these days, but the sad part is that MILLIONS believe any of the horse shit that is shoveled their way by dickheads like Blump and his suck-ass minions. Wish they'd hurry up and get his orange ass out of there!!

MeAgain likes this.
  19. Kerri

Kerri Members

lol this is hilarious logic. If Russia is spending money to influence American politics - how is that *our* freedom? That is literally willingly giving up freedom to a communist nation

scratcho and fem_fatale like this.
  20. MeAgain

I must admit I think I saw Leonid Brezhnev hanging around an anti war rally at the college I was attending back in 1969 or 70.
    He may have been handing out rubles to the SDS.
    Here's a picture of him doing a doobie:

[​IMG]

scratcho likes this.