Rogue One. A Star Wars Story

Discussion in 'New Movies' started by pensfan13, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Well, if you think ROTJ is simply "alright" then pfffft

I was about 11/12 when that movie first came out at the cinema, exactly the perfect time for a hyperactive nerdy tween. The frickin awesomemost movie ever

On the flip side, never got what was so great about 2001: Space Odyssey ..... yawn

Starship Troopers for me wins the bestest sci fi movie when translated to 3D award for me

1 person likes this.
  2. The Walking Dickhead

The Walking Dickhead orbiter of helion

It's OK VG. I get it that you like things rubbish things, and awesome things make you fall asleep.

When I said ROTJ I mean Episode VII whatever it's called, which is why I also saw it in 3D last year.

The reason 2001 is better than Star Wars is because space is empty, therefore spaceships don't make noises, and they talk to you and they can lip read.

3. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

2001, what is it?, like 10 hours long, 3/4 of it is just slow panning wide shots then you finally get to the plot, some AI engine lets everyone die.

Whoop ti doo

Its boring and its shit ;)

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

didnt like it.. 15mins beginning ok, last 15mins great.. overall not watching it again.

5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Back on topic huh ;)

Yeah, I've watched it twice, that will be about it, I thought it was a good movie, but all kind of pointless, we know the death star blows up

And I want at least one gaddam lightsaber duel in any Star Wars movie

Theres going to be a Han Solo prequel apparently, bet ya that doesnt have a gaddam lightsaber duel either

1 person likes this.
  6. The Walking Dickhead

Space is empty so longitudinal sound waves are dampened by infinity resistance, therefore spaceships don't go whoosh or zoom.

The reality of it is space is actually quite boring. Not much happens in the cosmos other than an unimaginably large number of elementary particles all moving around at light speed and occasionally interacting to form other elementary particles, all of which happen inside a very large space.

The only time you can see anything is when a big fuck load of them come together and form a star releasing an immense amount of photonic energy in all directions.

Other than that, everything appears to go really slow and without warp drive or hyperspace (which don't actually exist) spaceships don't really go that fast and inevitable will be susceptible to computer error as well.

7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

No one cares if there is sound in space or not its boring without it.

The BSG remake did that, space battles with no sound it was stoopid

8. The Walking Dickhead

Of course they don't, because they're not in space

Go to space, then you'll soon find out how good sound is

9. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv_hGITmNuo

2 people like this.
  10. The Walking Dickhead

Link says it's no longer there, and another says it was taken down due to some copyright something..

I just watched it on the top of the facebook clickbait page for this though. Very funny.

They do this kind of thing on Mock The Week, adlibbing video footage. Hugh Dennis is good at it.

11. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

bad lip reading:rogue one

i have no idea why they would have taken it down...im pretty sure it was the official channel and it had just been uploaded

2 people like this.
  12. The Walking Dickhead

I got the taken down thing from two independent links. Maybe coincindentally the same one?

I'm sure it will be back, you can't take anything down from the internet. What has been seen...

13. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Back to 2001 (the movie) when it comes to sci fi of that era, 70s / early 80s you cant go past The Andromeda Strain, which I watched again last night, nothing else beats it for that general feeling of dread, they dont make em like that anymore

14. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Huh, and same guy that directed The Andromeda Strain, directed The Sound of Music, The Day the earth stood still, and the First Star Trek movie, I never knew that

15. The Walking Dickhead

2001 was released in 1968

16. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Fine, 60s not 70s, still boring as shit