Raw Milk farmer being chased,harrased like criminals...

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by David0301, Feb 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David0301

David0301 Members

I have known that in the US farmers who sell milk in raw form are being penalized, prosecuted and they even loose their license when doing so.

But just recently I found out that it is the same in Spain.

Now, everybody can think for himself why in the world it is ILEGAL to sell raw milk .

I have just made a secret deal with a farmer who owns goats , i will buy raw milk from him secretly. Im not scared of babylon police.

babylon policy

2. You can buy and sell raw milk in England and Wales but here in Scotland it is illegal

David0301 likes this.
  3. Kerri

Kerri Members

I agree it should be legal to sell raw milk but it isn’t. As long as it isn’t people who do it are in violation of the law

David0301 likes this.
  4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I can buy it here no problem. I guess the law varies from state to state in the US

5. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

illegal here unless you actually own the cow

some get around the law by selling off ownership of cows ...kind of like a homeowners association but yes technically selling raw milk is illegal so the farmer that does it is breaking a law and being a criminal until the laws change

David0301 likes this.
  6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Selling raw milk is in most cases subject to heavy regulation (or when that seems too difficult to control is made illegal) in order to prevent unneccesary deaths or people becoming violently ill. Which WILL happen every once in awhile if kept unchecked.

Kerri likes this.
  7. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Only basic pasteurization is a legal requirement and vital in preventing outbreaks of TB from cows milk.
    All the rest is financially driven, particularly homogenization that breaks up the molecular fat chains purely in order to increase shelf life. while destroying the flavor and texture of the milk.
    Today, milk is so cheap that farmers could not afford to sell it to raw outlets and even the fat is churned down to below 4% from the 8-10% that leaves the cow.
    Standardization is the worst enemy of milk, since dried milk is added to standardize and their is no upper limit to how much that can be added to milk that has been watered down.

David0301 likes this.
  8. Kerri

Kerri Members

I don’t disagree with any of that but if it’s illegal then by definition those that don’t follow the law are in fact criminals

9. wilsjane

No, it is not criminal in the UK and I assume the rest of the world.
    It is simply that it would double the use of the cows milk and reduce the shelf life from 10 to 2 days. This would remove milk from the supermarket shelves and mean that we would need delivery from the farms or a local dairy that was CORRECTLY refrigerated, none of which have existed since the early 1960s. Milk sold this way would roughly quadruple in price.

ZenKarma likes this.
  10. wilsjane

Also, their would be no butter production, since prior to the 60s the churned milk was run to waste after the fat was removed. That is virtually what we are all drinking today.

ZenKarma likes this.
  11. Kerri

Kerri Members

It’s illegal here

David0301 likes this.
  12. wilsjane

Are you sure. I thought that only basic low temperature pasteurization was required by law. I suspect that the public are miss informed about all the rest. I doubt whether even trading standards fully know the difference between the processes or appreciate the level to which they are being abused. No one will confirm or deny whether extra butter fat is removed from milk and then replaced with vegetable fat. It is another example of our stupid nanny state and all the problems that it causes.
    As you may also know, corn syrup is still used in vast quantities in soft drinks, despite it's known association with type 2 diabetes.

13. Kerri

Kerri Members

Yes I am sure

I have no problem with corn syrup in soda or in general. I think individuals need to be responsible for their own choices and their own health. As long as the packaging is accurate I’m fine with it. I hate the idea of CrossFit’s idiotic war on soda. It’s so phony

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  14. wilsjane

David.
    Have a look at what I have posted in my replies to Kerri.
    I fully agree that commercial interests have overtaken the laws regarding milk sales in most of the world. I think that it is a combination of those and our demands for cheaper food that has set the position that we are all in today. A few shops sell non homogenized whole milk in the UK, but is price and short shelf life has almost pushed it off the shelves again.
    If we were all drinking whole milk and eating butter, world milk production would almost need to double and as in the past deliveries would be needed direct to our homes 365 days of the year. Clearly that does not fit in with today's lifestyle for most people.

ZenKarma and David0301 like this.
  15. Asmodean

It is a mass product. A lot of people want to drink cow milk. Not a lot of people want to drive to a farmer to pick it up. They want to buy it in the store. In order to fulfill this demand in a safe and responsible way it is at least pasteurized. To give people a reliable option for full, half full, no fat milk, coffee milk, etc. etc. it is subject to a standardisation process. There are a lot of different varieties in the supermarkets. I'm not sure dried milk is added to the majority of it.. It is in what we dutch folks call coffee milk.
    It's good the mass product is not sold raw in stores. People who really want it raw, unproccessed and/or as fresh as possible just have to make an effort.
    I agree with you in general about the milk price: its not just the cows that get milked... :(

ZenKarma likes this.
  16. Asmodean

Selling raw cow milk from ones farm is unlikely to become a big threat to the big milk industry. So that's not the reason why its illegal in some places.

rollingalong likes this.
  17. David0301

David0301 Members

hi welcome back, i was missing you, yes i am just looking at your long conversation with kerri, let me read... long text :sweatsmile: wait..

Irminsul likes this.
  18. David0301

David0301 Members

thanks for sharing . good to know that it isnt ilegal in england.

19. David0301

David0301 Members

what about in netherlands over there? ilegal too ?
    in austria it is NOT ilegal

though i disagree with you on what you said about "deaths" .
    It is the opposite : there are far more diseases and deaths attributed to commercial/pasteurized milk than to raw milk. Most humans can tolerate raw milk. Most humans on the other side can NOT tolerate pasteurized milk. Symptoms are : bloated,distented gut, fermentation. Excessive mucus. Tinnitus. YES tinnitus. In the USA (ask kerri) many parents take their children of cheese (which is made of past milk ) and the tinnitus will dissapear.
    NOTE: pasteurizing means ultra-heating and therefore killing off some potential ingredients of the milk. For example, by nature, there is one ingredient inside (forgot the name now) which neutralises the lactose. But by pasteurizing it is being killed. Result---> more and more people becoming lactose-intolerant. I

I tried raw milk last year for the 1st time in my life and I didnt have the symptoms I get with past. milk . I could even drink 1 liter at once without any troubles.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  20. David0301

David0301 Members

i agree . nicely said. the reason for this must be financial. to increase the shelf life. when i bought raw milk last year it spoiled/moulded (allthough stored in fridge in closed bottle) within 2 days . Now compare with standardised milk which can be stored at room temperature up to 1 year. That would be a huge loss for the industry .

I think the reason to ban raw milk lies in the same incentive as in banning raw, unprocessed stevia. I have noticed that the same countries who ban raw milk also ban stevia plants. surely they cant tell us "raw stevia is harmful" bs like some say with milk. In the US and in SPAIN you can not get any stevia plants in any shop. You can only buy stevia drops or stevia tablets. There is a billion dollar industry behind that. Imagine everybody having their own 3 - dollar-stevia plant which keeps growing and blossoming. Big no no for babylon industry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.