QUESTION: Seroquel Abuse

Discussion in 'Pharmaceuticals' started by moka9x9, Dec 14, 2005.

1. hahaha04

hahaha04 Whatevers Clever

sorry not to add anything intellectual to this thread, i may come back at a later point and add some information and personal experiences. Somewhere in the forums i started a thread about seroquel and an interesting debate came up...........but for now FUCK SEROQUEL.

2. etkearne

etkearne Resident Pharmacologist

It is not an abusable drug. Any reports of abuse are most likely from people who actually would benefit from an antipsychotic experiencing mental peace for the first time in their life. I doubt a person with no sort of bipolar, schizoaffective, or schizophrenic disorder would enjoy those pills.

3. thefickleangel

thefickleangel Guest

if you take a lot, atleast a 100 mg, and take one shot liquor you will get FUCKED UP. but its dangerous. using more than 50 mg you are entering into the doses used to treat psychosis. you can take up to 900 mg, but just for people who need it.

4. Kiminfl1120

Kiminfl1120 Guest

I've been taking Seroquel for 8 months now. I started out with 200mg and now I'm on 600mg a day. I have to say that this drug, when kicked in. (I take 600mg XR) it knocks me OUT! I stopped taking this drug suddenly and I had to go to the hospital and spent 2 days there because of how severe the withdrawals were. I felt like I was goin to die.

However, this drug has somewhat stabilized my moods, but I do take other drugs like, lamictal and 300mg of Trazadone. I still feel the craziness of my bi polar disorder, but it's not that severe as it was.

So, take the drug responsiblity. Cause you will have nasty withdrawals if you play around with this drug.

5. etkearne

etkearne Resident Pharmacologist

You MAY get fucked up, but is this sensation is not something that I would consider "recreational" or "abuse". It is simply an alteration of consciousness. Like I already said somewhere in this thread, Quetiapine is a dopamine antagonist. Abuseable drugs hinge on the ability to enhance or otherwise potentiate dopamine in key regions of the brain. So, in reality, it is the opposite of recreational.

Any pleasure from the drug is simply the fact that one's agitated state has been "quelled" (I had to say it!) by Seroquel. You are being brought back to rationality.

6. HomeGrownIdeas

HomeGrownIdeas Member

I am prescribed 2, 400mg xr seroquels a day. I don't take them anymore though. Haven't really taken it for awhile. Made me start to gain hella weight, meh!

7. EggoKiller

EggoKiller Member

About 8 years ago I went to a psychiatrist because I was having severe anxiety. He seemed like the type of dude who just wanted to pump drugs into his patients. The first time I went there he prescribed me Klonopin, Seroquel, Ambien, Trazadone, and Zoloft to try(I was only 16, ridiculous right?). The Klonopin definitely helped immensely for anxiety, but I abused the shit out of them. The Ambien scared the shit out of me, made me sleep walk. I've woken up halfway down a flight of stairs, woken up taking a shower with my clothes on, and I once woke up, no joke, on a bus headed downtown. The Trazadone did nothing for me. Zoloft didn't do anything for me (I didn't have depression), and a 16 year old shouldn't be taking that stuff in the first place. Now Seroquel, that stuff did nothing for me. Maybe it is because it isn't intended to treat anxiety. Abuse potential? None what-so-ever for me. I felt no sort of "high" from them and they did not "knock me out" even at high doses. Although I've heard some people say it gets them messed up, me and numerous other people I know who've taken it haven't at all. Maybe it's just my body's chemistry. I once had someone try to sell me some for $5 a piece, I laughed, told him to go eff himself for thinking I'm some sort of gullible clown.

The moral of the story? Seroquel does nothing, do weed or benzos.

8. EggoKiller

EggoKiller Member

Sorry, but I failed to mention this. I've known people who've taken it for it's intended purpose of mood-stabalizing and psychosis, and it helped them tremendously. I think those are the only people who should take it.