Question about the music industry

Discussion in 'Musicians' started by TrumpCards, Mar 24, 2018.

1. TrumpCards

TrumpCards Visitor

Let’s say there was a sexy girl who could play guitar, bass, had her own little band and was talented. Then, let’s say some record producer came along and offered her a deal. Would he likely force her to sleep with him to get the deal?

2. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

So-called "music producers" are a dime a dozen. In Hollywood, they list producers in the credits, but a lot of them are just people who invested in the movie and who they gave different jobs to do on the set to keep them busy. They say the rich are not like us, because money makes people even more insane. If you've never been exposed to the rich and famous, don't go there without a map.

YungSAVi and trashed like this.
  3. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Not necessarily, but it probably does happen occasionally. I think it's more likely to happen in the pop and R'n'B genres than alternative and Rock'n'Roll. I would say to this girl don't do it! Do not let herself get into a position where this could happen. It's not worth it. Stick to her music and find a good deal with an honourable producer who will nurture her talents.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  4. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

yes they will want to sleep with you...say no

YungSAVi likes this.
  5. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

I thought your post was a cover of this.....

6. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Hopefully not, right?

7. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Well, I'm a heterosexual male, and I'd suck cock to get a record deal... Is that what you want to hear? No fucking way!

8. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Depends on the music. Most pop stars have probably done something. Lana Del Rey for example is pretty open about doing that to get where she is. Other genres of music might not have that same "you need us and our auto tune vibe". Although Lana is very talented most of her peers are not.

9. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

if shes talented enough

to land a deal
    she could ask him to suck his own cock if it pleases her

referred to as a bidding war

10. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Yuck. That's morally reprehensible! lol I wouldn't sign on for something like that. Even if I did I would get out of it after I was signed. After all, what are they going to say? Breach of contract for not putting out? :)

11. I wouldn't be at all surprised. What girls in Hollywood go through...celebs...to me it would be fucking awful. It's horrible just to think about. But "I bet it goes on." You see some charming girl on Jimmy Kimmel, well...cut to the next scene and she's probably getting gang banged for cash.

trashed likes this.
  12. deleted

deleted Visitor

Ive done worse things for free.

Give me 10million and Ill dance around naked singing eletronic chipmunk music ..

13. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

What if it's a straight woman?

14. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i don't think so? he looks like a guy i know who does special olympics in town here, but i don't think it's the same guy.

15. MyShrooms

MyShrooms Members

Robert Greene (He wrote "The 48 Laws of Power" among other very successful books) said that the most sociopathic people work in the entertainment industry. I remember hearing him say that politicians seem like dolphins compared to those sharks (people in the music industry). I'd say the sexy talented girl is very fortunate to have been born into this era where you can easily make it on your own through youtube and social media and can skip dealing with these people altogether until she's a bit more mature (In the business sense)

16. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

The high tech industry and entertainment industry are merging,
    Frankenstein's monster,
    With all the sex appeal in the world.

17. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Music industry is fucked. It's all shit music now, because the generation making it are all high on fake glamour. There's nothing coming up from grass-roots. I like a bit of repetition sometimes, to get into a zoned out alpha-wave state, but this New Pop and so called R'N'B is just sonic candy, so sweet it's sickly. It's highly generic, every singer sounds the same, full of vocal clichés, no real emotion. Rap is a limited genre , has run its course. Most metal is ridiculous. Blah blah blah. I'm bored of it all. I'm encouraged to make my own music though. I'm telling you. Don't listen to their crap. If you want to, do something for yourself. Writing and recording your own music is a blast. Just don't follow the meta-prescription. Don't care about being liked. Don't let the lack of technology that the corporate machine has and you don't have stop you. I don't care really. Often music is just an aural irritation anyway. The same four/four beats. The same chords, motifs, just disrupt concentration and put you in a heightened state of anxiety. I don't really see where it can go, progress. We've reached the zero-sum point of creative evolution, culminating in the super-flat, which is the sonic equivalent of the art of Jeff Koons.

Lo Pan and farmerdon like this.
  18. Noserider

Sigh

Here we go again...

19. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Lo Pan likes this.
  20. Noserider

Now I'm even more confused.

First, what time period are we talking about? You said music now is shit, because the generation making it is blah, blah, blah...then you proceeded to mention genres of music that haven't been relevant since the early 90s. What do you mean by "now?"

Second--most perplexing--you said there is nothing coming up from the grass roots, while ignoring the fact that we are living in a time when the technology to record and release music has been streamlined and made affordable in ways that makes it easy for independent musicians to be discovered. Bands can record music in their bedrooms and throw it up on Myspace and YouTube. Music is literally more "grass roots" than ever, with whole genres rising and falling while the record business overlooks them.

Also, rap is a limited genre that has run its course? People have been saying that since the Sugar Hill Gang.

Meliai likes this.
  21. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Is this what people mean by the Mandela effect?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  22. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

- Not if he was Gay

23. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

ALSO
    Along with the fact that times have changed since what was, was -
    There is more opportunities for talent to shine - and with talent only a matter of management, although Success is never guaranteed with many Talented artists = Unsuccessful Because, of Bad Management and Un-Talented acts reach the undeserved accolade because manipulation and usage of business savvy.
    - In the end, True Artists exude their attributes with a passionate desire to entertain - Money is a secondary; if not Welcome bonus

24. Amethyst87F

Amethyst87F JesF35

I think this used to happen more than it does nowadays. I really hope it doesn't still happen. It's a shame, but maybe some people get ahead this way or at least get started and then actually do well.