Pre-employment drug testing?

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by softl, Jun 19, 2019.

1. softl

softl Members

Early sixties. Smoke weed socially but very little. Applied for a new job in the steam generating field. Got to have a blood/urine test at my convenience, presumably before they even look at my application.

Like I said, I don't smoke a hell of a lot, but I'm guessing it's in my system. Smoked some about 10 days ago, and took a couple small hits from my pipe last Friday night. Have abstained since.

Should I be concerned about my consumption and what can I do to pass if necessary.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

drink waters and exercise.. body fat stores weed. most places are removing cannabis from drug testing since the CBD crazy..

good luck

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Would never do that at my work. :p
    We pretty much are all happy little stoners. :)

4. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

TrudginAcrossTheTundra Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Pre-employment drug testing is invasion of privacy and should be banned.

I mean, why should anyone care? It's about one's ability to perform the designated tasks as assigned, not what one might have indulged in recently. Fail to perform as required - goodbye! Why are we always looking for excuses to blame personal actions on, anyway?

5. highlander69

highlander69 Members

Depends on what kind test..now adays lot places do a hair test. It will show up if do..I know 2 people that went for city jobs and failed the hair test..one was for a teacher s job he got hired started working before test results came back.. To bad he was great guy would been good at his job with kids...Pee test easyer to beat my kid has 2 times went on line went to store bought some shit read on line and passed the test pee test??

6. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I had one for working at Amazon. I'd been smoking heavily up until two weeks before hand, but I happened to be at a point of extremely low body fat (see what Orison said ^) and that probably helped. I also drank a LOT of water on the morning. my pee was pretty much water. anyway i passed it. good luck.

7. krendil

krendil Newbie

I had a similar problem when I was trying to get a job in this kind of venture. I smoked before 2 weeks ago and they demanded a complete list of all analyzes to compile my portfolio. It turns out that some of the substances in the weed disappear in only a month, which is why a certain proportion of narcotic substances was found in my body. I could not get a job and now I am looking for a new one. I am lucky that my friends know and apply for unemployment benefits while looking for a new job so that I will not be left without money at all.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2020
  8. phil1965

phil1965 Senior Member

Nothing wrong with drug testing, either before or during employment, a lot of people who do drugs can't not do them at work which is wrong. I worked in an industry where drug and alcohol testing was done on a regular basis, it had to be. I smoked a bit of resin in my youth, but never while at work, it was strictly a Friday or Saturday night thing, the trouble now is a lot of people who take drugs either cannot or will not accept the fact that they are dangerous in a working environment. "pot chills you out, relaxes you" they will often say, well 'relaxed, or chilled out' means your reactions are slowed down, NOT a good thing in a working environment when you need to be alert. Another thing is how many drug users will express disgust at someone for drink driving but will happily take drugs and drive,they don't see that drugs are as dangerous as alcohol when driving or operating machinery.

4thtwin likes this.