Piers Morgan Tonight

Discussion in 'The Media' started by OptimisticFutureBlues, Jul 29, 2011.

1. OptimisticFutureBlues

OptimisticFutureBlues Member

I'm sorry for anyone who likes Piers, but I just saw something on his show that was absolutely ridiculous. Recently, capitol hill was delivered 22 Papa Johns pizzas while they were debating a bill. The media has been long obsessing over the debt 'crisis' and have gone to great lengths to make it a 24 hour event. Which means you basically get too many points of view, and you get a lot of useless information...

Piers has decided to feed off the mongering as well. For some reason, he had the manager of a D.C Papa Johns on the show earlier tonight. Asking him all sorts of stupid questions that just made him look more and more like a dick. "What do you think the solution to the debt crisis is"? he asks the humble pizza shop owner. "Well I don't know anything about solving those types of problems, but we do have high quality ingredients and delicious pizza". Pretty rough but Piers brushes it off with some low volume banter and dives further, "What kind of pizza does Speaker Boehner like? Is he a spicy pizza guy or what". "Well that's a great question( :D ), you see so many pizzas were delivered with many different topping selections. Its anyone's guess what kind he specifically had". "Oh okay I see" says Piers. The rest was jabber jabber, something about Piers complimenting the manager for his successful pizza business as he was running out of ideas. In a last second attempt to win back the interview, he tells the manager as the interview was closing out..."Hey and I'll have a slice of pepperoni when you can"...Okay first of all Piers Morgan tonight is filmed in MANHATTAN, NEW YORK. The pizza guy was in WASHINGTON, D.C which is 5 HOURS AWAY. :rofl: But its a double fail! Right before Piers blurts out the 'joke', the pizza shop manager's audio is cut, so he doesn't even hear the fucking thing and doesn't respond. Awkward silent gaze into the camera, then commercial break. "We'll be right back" :D I was laughing so hard.

What are your views on Piers Morgan?
    What do you feel about his show in contrast to Larry King live? Which it replaced.
    What effect to you think a show like this has in this modern world?

Any input from some hip people in the U.K would be a bonus.

2. lillallyloukins

lillallyloukins ⓑⓐⓡⓑⓐⓡⓘⓐⓝ

1.What are your views on Piers Morgan?
    Answer: a dick

2.What do you feel about his show in contrast to Larry King live? Which it replaced.
    Answer: never seen it, but if it replace Larry King live, it has to be even worse.

3. What effect to you think a show like this has in this modern world?
    Answer: i have not seen the show, but from what you said, it sounds like another dumbing down piece of crap.

but this is most intuitional, i don't know much more than that as of this moment regarding your question... i may be talking outta my butt...

3. mustlivelife

mustlivelife Knows nothing!

The latest in complete cock-heads exported from the little idiot-island to the big idiot-island. He had to leave the UK because everybody hated his guts, he was a constant target of ridicule across the channels, his opinion was once sought after until someone noticed that nobody gives two shits what he says and that he has the power to drop ratings drastically with his very presence. The same will soon happen to him in the USA, I prey.

I actually remember Larry King doing a few awesome interviews with some very poignant figures of society. Piers Morgan's show - no matter how bad Larry King's might have been - is, was and always will be a bag of fetid mole shit because it's got his ugly smug face on it.

More dumbing down BUT on the plus side Pier's morbid presence gets people angry and annoyed enough to start questioning things. Granted the question is usually "what's on the other channel?" but it's a start!

4. lillallyloukins

lillallyloukins ⓑⓐⓡⓑⓐⓡⓘⓐⓝ

:rofl:

5. CrackerMatt

CrackerMatt Guest

Hey, I was just wondering if any Americans had heard the story of Piers Morgan publishing fake iraqi prisoner photos in a UK paper called The Daily Mirror. He was sacked for the incident, but then appeared on Britain'S Got Talent as a judge and gained many fans. The daily mirror story seems little known in the UK and would like to know how many americans know...since he is on your prime time viewing now.

6. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

What's a piers morgan?