People flipping over nipples?

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by FireflyInTheDark, Jul 16, 2009.

1. FireflyInTheDark

FireflyInTheDark Sell-out with a Heart of Gold

I've never understood why people freak out if nipples pop up. Man or woman, we've all got 'em. When it gets cold, they all do it. You don't see people freaking out over goosebumps, do you? So what's the bfd?
    OMGAWD A NIPPLE! NOT A NIPPLE! WHAT IF A CHILD SEES THAT?! HE'LL GROW UP TO BE A RAPIST WHO DOESN'T RECYCLE!
    :toetap05:

2. arthur itis

arthur itis Senior Member

,,and has bad teeth. :eek:

But that's only if he/she doesn't suck 'em.

Kids who grow up suckin' 'em have been shown to develop better teeth. :D

3. FireflyInTheDark

But I've heard if they do it too long, they end up with bucked teeth in the front...

4. arthur itis

Don't know about that. None of our kids have 'em. My wife's a real fruitcake religious woman. She nursed our youngest until he decided to quit. Must have been around 5 or 6. I think she did it because each of our other two had to quit early due to accidents that put each of them in the hospital, one at 6 mos. and one at around a year and a half.

But she says that kids with asthma and kids with bad teeth weren't breastfed most of the time. Eh?

I tried it once. Too salty. :eek:

5. brack1936

brack1936 Member Lifetime Supporter

Thanks Firefly - you made me laugh! Awesome thread.

6. FireflyInTheDark

:eek: Hope they weren't biters...

Oh, I don't doubt it. Food science will never be able to simulate something as nutritionally complete and customized to an infant as breastmilk.

:cheers2:

7. Shale

Shale ~

Our puritanical culture is just fucked up that way.

Anything that hints of sexuality even a turgid nipple has to be hidden. Even if it is because the nipple is cold.

Unlike all the young guys who wear those baggy swimming trunks that are uncomfortable when wet and unwieldy in a hot tub, I wear a bikini when I can't be nude.

I have had comments about that (only from Americans who have never had European exposure) because ppl can see outlines of bulges in it. Well, Yeah. I'm a man I have stuff there - most men do.

Just too ridiculous how Americans react over natural body parts.

8. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

Hot tub swim trunks are about the funniest thing ever, though. I was always jealous that I didn't have a baggy swimsuit myself so it could blow up and make me look all odd and disproportionate, too.

And firefly, you made me laugh, too. Rapists who don't recycle are the worst.

9. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I read a report couple weeks back that some Imans in Afghanistan were getting upset cos the ladies nowadays are showing too much ankle

10. Shale

Shale ~

This thread made me think about the silliness with which we view nipples. I write articles on nudist issues and this one came to mind, written some years ago. While it is about the inequality of having to hide womens' breast when mens' are not, it also mentions the absurdity of not showing nipples pushing thru clothing.
    -----------------------------------------

May I say nipple?
    April 11, 2000

In the Sunday, April 9th Miami Herald, Neighbors, there was an advertisement for "beautiful breasts." Shown were the before and after photographs of four womens' breasts. Of course they weren't entirely naked, having those little black rectangles placed over the nipples to protect us from such a shocking sight.

I suppose that most readers just took these rectangles for granted, as they are often seen covering the eyes and "private parts" on so many subjects in medical text photographs. But seeing them made me aware of the absurdity of what they were obscurring.

Had this been an ad for pectoral enlargement for men, showing the before and after photos, do you suppose the black rectangles would have covered their nipples? Why is a woman's nipple so shameful and yet a man's is not? And, if you print this letter of social inquiry, will you be able to print the word "nipple?"

I ask that not out of facetiousness, but because I have seen the word "nipple" censored on television. Even there, it appears to be censored according to the gender of the nipple. The show was Entertainment Tonight (CBS 4) on Saturday February 26, 2000, and Loni Anderson was discussing her famous role as Jennifer on "WKRP In Cincinnati." She told about a problem in one of her sheer dresses in the cold studio where her turgid nipples would be visible through the cloth and shooting would have to stop. (Like no one has ever seen a nipple push against a shirt). Unbelievably, when Loni said the word "nipple," it was "bleeped" out.

On April 10th Entertainment Tonight had an interview with Richard Roundtree, the star of the 1971 movie "Shaft." Richard is one of the 10-in-a-million men who has breast cancer and that was the topic of the interview. He related how he discovered the lump just below his nipple and had it checked by the doctor. Why is it that Richard can talk about his nipple, but Loni can't?

Is nipple only a dirty word when it is a woman's nipple being discussed? That would explain why the ad for "beautiful breasts" has black bars over the nipples, but somehow it still doesn't make sense.

11. arthur itis

Depending on the ankle in question, I might tend to agree with them.

But "one man's meat is another man's poison",,,

Me, I don't mind eating a good ankle.

12. arthur itis

I've got some shameful nipples. Shameful, I tellz ya. :eek:

13. FireflyInTheDark

Shale, that article is great. I always thought it was really creepy when I would watch The Girls Next Door and they would have airbrushed the nipples out so that they looked like they just didn't have any... It looked so weird, like they were Barbie dolls or something...

I always thought so!

14. TheMagneticHeadache

TheMagneticHeadache Banned

nipples are the best

15. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

nipple is a funny word.

16. caliente

caliente Senior Member

Personally, I think prominent nipples are very appealing. I've never had anyone freak out over mine. People notice them, because they become quite noticeable if I'm chilled or whatever, but no one has ever made a fuss. I have small breasts and it's never bothered me if men stare at them, probably cause I know there's not much to stare at .. lol

On the other hand, it does make me a little uncomfortable when men stare at my crotch, which they seem to do more and more. I don't know what they're looking for ... you can't see anything. It's not like I wear a Wicked Weasel out in public ...

17. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

lol ive never had a guy stare at my crotch. maybe they expect you to become so aroused your clit pops out.

18. standingseated

standingseated A Back Scrubber

Maybe they caught you crotch-gazing at them and thought they'd return the gaze?

19. jamaican_youth

jamaican_youth Senior Member

Well on the flip side, it's good that they're covered up, overexposure can make certain body parts seem not so special. Imagine the victorian era, where they got so excited to see an ankle, what would it have been like for them to see the rest of a females body.

20. FireflyInTheDark

I notice no nipples in your sig. Very conservative.
    :p jp