New Russia Sanctions - American Hypocrisy at it's Best!

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by skip, Apr 6, 2018.

1. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

His style is similar to the Japanese business style, without any of the politeness. He's so stupid he'll try everything he might possibly get away with, and then back off real fast if he encounters any serious opposition and attempt to bluster his way through. Everyone except his fans can see right through him as if he were made of toilet paper.

Eric! and stormountainman like this.
  2. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

The Japanese are a very honorable and respectful people. My father worked in Japan for some years and developed a close friendship with a Japanese man. That Japanese man and his wife and daughter used to visit us in America for years, even after my father passed on. I can truly say the Japanese are a wonderful people.

Eric! likes this.
  3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Both of you are generalizing. There are horrible people in Japan as well as plenty of good folks.

- Captain Obvious.

(to keep it at least slightly on topic: same with Russia ;))

4. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Personally, I think we should be buying our oil from Russia rather than Saudi Arabia.

5. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I agree, that's why I'm married to one;)

stormountainman likes this.
  6. stormountainman

Asmo, their women can be very passionate! Oh yes, and Russian women are as well. And there shouldn't be sanctions on Japanese or Russian women!

Eric! likes this.
  7. Existensile

Existensile Member

Seems to me that sanctions on Russia just one more diversion from a prezzie admin. wracked by chaos & dissension. The history of Russia & the US of A since 1991 one of bellicosity & temerity.

Despite efforts, even the half-hearted ones, by our last genuine statespersons, Schultz & Baker III, c. 1987-1991, Prezes Bush I thru our current leading light have made swill of any sort of rapprochement betw. the two countries. Now we're stuck with a Pres. that genuinely admires the Putin autocracy, which BTW he apparently seeks to mimic, but at the same time must toss up a few limp-wristed policies to MAGA.

This from a Pres. that by his own account absolutely never thought America was great; he just thought he was great.

8. stormountainman

I couldn't say it better. During the last 50 years there has been not one Republican who could spell "temerity" with their Funk & Wagnalls closed!

9. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Mnuchin, ex-Goldman Sachs oligarch, in particular, seems to be the wrong person to be delivering this message. In fairness, the oligarchs weren't being sanctioned for being oligarchs but because Russia seemed to be engaging in pretty aggressive behavior, especially in meddling in our elections and poisoning the ex-spy and his daughter in London, and needed to be slapped down a bit. I don't expect real blood, just some Kabuki dancing. Sanctioning Putin's rich friends unlikely to spur change, experts say.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  10. wooleeheron

I love my mother as well, which is why I would never compare her to either a Wall Street trader or a Japanese corporate executive. These are sharks, and Japanese corporations are infamous for their specific style which is as capitalistic as it gets, environmentally destructive and no-holds barred like the rest of the banking, electronics, and weapons industry. While Japan has almost a zero blue collar crime rate, their white collar crime makes even the US look wimpy. Fukushima executives were indicted for corruption and disregarding every safety regulation in the book, long before the reactor ever melted down, and they are all too typical of a Japanese corporation.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  11. stormountainman

OK...I don't like to say bad things about Japan; however, there is an exception, because I don't like their whale hunting. They can find other things to eat. The bigger picture on the survival of our whales is the amount of floating garbage in the oceans. Trump's Bizillionaire friends should be given nets and coal shovels and forced to clean up their mess!

12. wooleeheron

That's the whole point, is they count on the fact that money and the guns do all the talking worth listening to. As the Duck might say, "Only losers whine and complain". Although I strongly believe most Americans don't support their behavior, they are also not marching in the streets demanding reforms, or even voting for candidates who promote reforms because, again, money and the gun are doing all the talking worth listening to. The largest peaceful protest march in US history was the two million women who marched against the Duck's election, but they represent less than 1% of the population. Americans have become experts at Ducking responsibility, and raking in the cash with both hands whenever possible, while selling their democracy and children's legacy to the highest bidder.

13. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter