Nevada Marijuana Initiative

Discussion in 'Cannabis Activism' started by M4N14C42O, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Gyva02

Gyva02 WACKY

is it legalized right now in denver?, just a town can legalize huh....

2. mr.morrison

mr.morrison Senior Member

but, would you be able to grow your own? cause if it was legal, then that would mean that the greedy buisnesses would fuck with the weed and put addicting stuff in it. id rather grow my own where i know it will be good, clean stuff

3. TheShow

TheShow Senior Member

yeah mike, currently in Denver (i can't remember if it is county or city) a 21 yr old can possess up to one ounce of pot to be used in private locale. The smell or presence of a joint is not grounds for search in this jurisdiction under city/county statue. However, those cops can still enforce the state law, so it wasn't a huge break through but it was a step which led to this year's statewide measure.

4. TheShow

TheShow Senior Member

in nevada I do not think you would be allow to grow and cultivate your own marijuana, state taxes for purchasing if their law passes. I really do not think there'd be an addition of addiction causing substances, people wouldn't buy that pot since regular pot will till be available via black market.

I know the Colorado law would notprovide for growing.

5. Gyva02

Gyva02 WACKY

Hey show, I gotta question for ya... Ok you can possess up to the one ounce.. where do you get this the legal way. I assume growing is illegal, and I assume buying on the black market is illegal.... how are you supposed to obtain it legaly?

Mike

6. SirTokesAlot

SirTokesAlot Lives

this is awsome.

but the last commercial on the first website you listed is kind of... :D..

7. TheShow

TheShow Senior Member

Well mike, you don't really get it the legal way, although that is the eventual goal of SAFER. The law would provide, Colorado, the legal transfer of up to one ounce WITHOUT compensation between two adults. Acutally you can transfer it to anyone without compensation but if they're under 18 you are aiding the deliquancy of minors. and if they're 18-20 it's a loop hole but then the 18-20 yr could be cited with illegal possession similar to an minor in possession of alcohol. The idea, i think at least, is to let the individuals who can obtain it, through whatever means either grown or illegally purchased, enjoy it in their own privacy as an alternative or additive to alcohol.

8. flameintoabyss

flameintoabyss Member

hey everybody.. the election is tuesday, and even tho i cant vote my fingers are still crossed.. i think california would possibly be the next state to take seriosu initiative so im pretty excited

9. TheShow

TheShow Senior Member

umm the election is 2 days not tomorrow :) GET OUT AND VOTE ON TUESDAY

10. Gyva02

Gyva02 WACKY

Whats the story NEVADA!!!!!

11. TheShow

TheShow Senior Member

the initiative is down 43-57 but with barely anything reported yet

12. Gyva02

Gyva02 WACKY

13. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

All the marijuana initatives(which were 3) failed.

14. shockseventyfour

shockseventyfour Member

its a kick in the dick

15. rob1134

rob1134 Member

wow. fuck this country.