My Husband Is Trying To Get Funding To Publish An Art Coloring Book Of His Drawings.

Discussion in 'Art' started by gypsy_queen79, Jul 10, 2015.

1. SeductivelyDoesIt

SeductivelyDoesIt Members

Just wanted to say that the drawing on the link wasn't my cup of tea, but your husband clearly has talent and I love adult colouring. He should continue even if just as a hobby I think it's a great idea.

1 person likes this.
  2. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

Sad story 'mama...thanks for supporting an artist for awhile.

3. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

It is what it is.
    He's dyeing again.
    I wish him well.

4. gypsy_queen79

gypsy_queen79 Member

5. gypsy_queen79

gypsy_queen79 Member

I'm not the one under contract, so I can say this.
    Any issue with the paper or ink quality is on the publisher. I personally scanned in EVERY SINGLE ONE to send digitally to the company. I know that they received a black inked, 100% quality digital copy.
    They got him into a contract and then didnt put it out for a few months.
    Then, they skipped some pages on the first release, Upon re-release they lowered the cost and some have said they also lowered the print quality.
    They have not promoted the way they promised when he signed on. In fact, other than listing it on Amazon and putting one link on their facebook, they have not marketed or promoted it AT ALL.
    I for one can't wait for this contract to run out.

6. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Reality is writers finance their own reading tours. Publishers haven't done that except for their cash cows in years.

Are images in Pinterest? instagram? Where are you promoting the book, aside from here?

7. gypsy_queen79

gypsy_queen79 Member

We were supposed to only use Facebook and Twitter. I did this thread before his contract. The company is supposed to have exclusive marketing and promotional rights outside of his FB and Twitter. Like I said though, I'm not the one under contract.
    Had we known it would turn out like this, we would have waited and self-published. At least then we could have copies to sell at craft fairs and the like. As it sits, he had to PAY for his own copy.

8. gypsy_queen79

gypsy_queen79 Member

Well, that ship has sailed. No activity from the sales.
    He has been able to get a job, but only part-time with his health issues, which have increased. The latest development was an overnight in the ER and a CT scan.
    I lost the job that I had and have also been unable to get a new one.
    Now, we have less than a month before we lose our home.
    I have a GoFundMe for that, just enough to keep the wolves at bay for another month or so.
    Please, keep your negativity to yourselves.
    We REALLY need help. This is an EMERGENCY.

https://www.gofundme.com/GordonHomeHELP

9. gypsy_queen79

gypsy_queen79 Member

I kept trying to make a new thread, but it kept resetting, so I just added to this one.
    Before anyone starts on the "get a job" track AGAIN, please know that my husband has one. It is part time, but his health has declined in such a way that that is all he can handle. I on the other hand, even with some restrictions due to a back and shoulder injury, have filled out no less than 286 applications in the last 90 days alone. Effort is being made, but at this point it wont do any good.