My girlfriend doesn't smell like anything to me

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by Wanderingstar23, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Wanderingstar23

Wanderingstar23 Guest

My girlfriend of a couple years usually doesn't smell like anything to me. I've been with women whose smell was absolutely amazing to me and others who smelled "off". Personality unfortunately doesn't always match up with the pheromones...

My current gf has a great personality, high intelligence, sexy looks and we have shared almost two years of our lives together. Every now and then she smells mildly pleasant to me, but in general doesn't smell at all ...like anything. I find myself inhaling deeply when we embrace or during sex, hoping for that intoxicating smell I remember from past lovers. Usually though, nothing.

Now nothing mind you, is much better than unpleasant I know, but I want to further our bond and am really missing that smell.

On the upside she is super into me, we have good sex and she rarely smells bad to me. But the whole no smell thing is really messing with me. Wtf????!

Let me also say that when we have sex it's really damn good. I don't come running for it though and afterwards when we are lying in bed together, I usually just smell myself and sweat.

It's depressing to me that something like this could break apart two personalities who want to love each other and have worked through so much. We've had many other problems that we've both worked through, but I've never brought this up as it doesn't seem like something she, or either of us have any control over.

I've tried to convince myself that maybe this is a good thing, she does sometimes have a slightly pleasant aroma when I inhale super deeply. Better no smell than a bad one. But still, I have this nagging sense that something is missing.

Our lives at this point are very woven together. Both of our emotional security is tied to the other. Do I start the painful process of separation, hoping it makes more sense someday when we've both found someone else? Or focus on the good things, forget about the smell and try to make things work?

Any advice?

2. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

No advice....just this song I thought of.....I understand what you mean, though.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g02WR0OZ0MA"]Lynyrd Skynyrd - That Smell (lyrics) - YouTube

3. deleted

deleted Visitor

she baths to much..

4. Sallysmart

Sallysmart Raynstorm Serenade

It's weird she doesn't smell like anything but ya, better then a bad smell of BO.

There are scented products that put out pheromone scents that attract women and men, depending on what you buy for who needs it.

She could use a scented body wash,,, just go buy one and place it in the shower and she might pick it up and use it,,, then you tell her how good she smells. There is no way she won't smell of it unless she stands in there long enough to wash it all away but chances are you will smell something.

My guy uses a nice smelling man's body wash and it smells awesome. Some scents don't work with some people tho and maybe that's why she doesn't wear anything. I find cheaper products smell bad on me after a day, they smell like alcohol on me. I have to use the more expensive ones so I don't use a lot, just when I want to have it on for attraction or when going out somewhere. Other then that. I just like to smell clean.

5. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

she's a keeper

youll appreciate the neutral smell more and more as she ages lmao

6. dark suger

dark suger Dripping With Sin!

Maybe she's just very clean

7. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Have her jog for 5 miles and then smell her.....lol

8. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

This

9. angelica peaches

angelica peaches Member

but her the scent you want her to have and ask her to put it on after her shower, before you are together. you cant ditch this relationship over something so small :)

10. KingWilly

KingWilly Member

Two things... One your gf is an alien (or a robot) and two you are a freak far as your smell fetish goes. But then it's not the freakiest thing I've ever heard by a long shot...

11. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

LOL.....

Wow... to have those sort of problems... "I think I should break up with someone because, although things are perfect and all and this person doesn't smell bad, they don't smell at all". Must be nice.

12. monkjr

monkjr Senior Member

One post wonder guys....

@OP if you break her heart over this send her my way.

13. Wanderingstar23

Wanderingstar23 Guest

Big thanks to everyone with thoughtful or clever replies!! It helps put some things in perspective.

@AmericanTerrorist and monkjr -Enjoy your superior problems and lack of empathy. Apparently you've never been in a stale relationship, wondered if you could be happier or heard of pheromones or the importance of smell ...we ARE animals after all.

@monkjr -I think she could probably do better than you, but if it comes down to it I'll put in a good word for ya ;)

14. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

I'm fairly sure that the women you have pleasantly smelled before have artificially smelled that way, so you can replicate that by getting a fragrance or mixture of fragrances. Make a game out if it, take her to a shop that sells fragrances in different forms, such as oils and perfumes, and apply it on each other, smell each other. I'm sure there is a shop where you can actually get intimate too. I mean, there is everything else, why not that? Or you can buy a bunch of fragrances and do it at home. Mix and match.

Just be honest with her and with the two of you, try to find a solution. But, if you don't want to put in the time and effort to fix this issue, that's fine too. You will find another, hopefully this time you won't settle, and she will find someone else too. Neither of you are obligated to one another and you both deserve to be with someone that satisfies you completely and feel satisfied by you completely.

15. Amethyst87F

Amethyst87F JesF35

I don't often notice my boyfriend's scent. Sometimes he "points out" the cologne he's wearing. -- I actually got him a set of cologne for Christmas that he's almost done with.

-- One thing about him is he showers a lot. I think that's part of why he almost never has body odor to me.

As for your comment about other people "smelling off" -- I know that sometimes if a person consumes enough of something it can go through their pores. -- I've heard this about alcohol.

If you are with someone whose scent you really don't like and don't want to "come out and say directly" that you think so, you could buy the person some scented lotion or perfume.

As for pheromones, I've heard different things. -- Such as how sometimes people can be chemically attracted because of pheromones. I also head recently that after 16 months of being together that the attraction from chemicals wear off. --- I debated whether to put this because I thought it may be harmful. I decided it could be more helpful though and so added it.