Most Important Issue Today?

Discussion in 'Activist Polls' started by skip, Sep 28, 2007.

1. deleted

deleted Visitor

There just isnt enough Walnut trees.

2. 420UFO

420UFO Member

There just isn't enough pot.

3. Lolli

Lolli Visitor

i feel that all of the other options given can be summarized under the label of human rites. women in iraq have few rites. the war isn't rite. capitalism = government stealing our rites. global warming is robbing us of the rite to a healthy planet. as for the last 3 everyone should have the rite to do as they please with out fear of persecution. in conclusion the rite to be human is the most basic rite of mankind.

4. fluttersteke

fluttersteke Member

AGREED! This is what I was looking for but couldn't find it so I chose the Human Right's option.

5. emeraldtrees

emeraldtrees Member

overpopulation & the environment

6. IntellectualCurious

IntellectualCurious Member

I really don't like how so many people seem to think legalization of pot is the big deal... jeez its not that hard to not get caught smoking anyway, and while yes its a valid issue, there are far more important ones out there. i think all the legalization effort, or at least a majority of it, would be better spent working for human rights. You know, get rid of poverty and starvation? it IS very possible to abolish starvation and poverty in today's world full of wealth and technology, if people weren't so selfish and profit-oriented.

7. sunshine2010

sunshine2010 Guest

mm... im a big invisible children activist. which is the children in uganda who have been part of a 23 year long war. the LRA abducts them and forces them to kill others or be tortured to death. children fear sleeping at home at night so they walk many miles to sleep in the dirt under buildings in huge groups in hopes that they will not be taken to fight as a child soilder. now i do not believe this is more important then global warming or say the war in iraq, they are all very large problems, but this is a war costing millions of lives and its not on the news or in the papers. this is a war that is invisible to the world.

8. Amsler

Amsler Member

This.

It's pretty much our attitude we need to work on. We seem to be working under the self-delusion that more is better, selfishness is the only way to succeed, that as long as WE'RE doing okay nobody else matters. It's not the truth. What affects one ultimately affects all.

So I'd say our attitude, or priorities, need to be altered more than anything. If that's done then everything on the list can ultimately be effectively tackled.

9. Its V

Its V Member

The Environment/Global Warming. If we can fix the destruction we are doing to the planet every day, we have no hope what so ever.

10. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Human rights. that includes reproductive rights, gay rights, rights to do what you want with your body.

11. Victoria1987

Victoria1987 Member

I can only speak for myself personally here, but my two main issues are human rights and censorship. There's some overlap there, for example, freedom of speech and expression and the right to dissent are directly affected by censorship, so I'd consider censorship a human rights issue.

Well, I wouldn't consider the right to say 'fuck' on television a human rights issue, but whatever.

12. Driftwood Gypsy

Right now, NOT becoming a police state is a pretty big priority.

13. Summerhill

Summerhill Member

How screwed up our democracys are is,for me, the issue because it leads to so many other issues. Bothers me that people feel so ignored & disempowered by professional politicians,they make decisions we didnt put them there to make. We arnt consulted. Then they get wide eyed when at elections theres a low turnout!
    We,the Third World,the Middle East all pick up the tab for this. We need to take our power back,peacefully,violence achieves nothing, its a responsibility we're letting go.

14. Lolli

Lolli Visitor

i think big government is an important issue in the usa rite3 now we need 2 focus on being a government of the ppl not a government of the corporate beast!!!

15. Driftwood Gypsy

war and poverty are ever growing.... we need to stop it! stop war, feed the people, stop disease.

16. Indy Hippy

Indy Hippy Zen & Bearded

The only way to ever stop war, feed everyone, and stop disease is for us as a species to have an unprecedented shift in conciousness. To move away from the self and in to the whole. I voted for other because this wasn't an option. It'd be far out to see people all over the world be actively for a shift.

17. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

or we could just go Logan's Run and set a lifespan limit of about 40 or 50.
    Boom, population rapidly drops, more resources for the rest, less population congestion etc, etc. :2thumbsup:

The old double edged blade ;)

We made great advances in medicine, agriculture, food storage, etc, etc, with the end result being an ever increasing population with all it's accompanying problems.

We're damned if we do, damned if we don't
    between a rock and a hard place

feel free to throw in you're own cliche' :mickey:

18. Driftwood Gypsy

global warming, fraking, the environment.... we're rapidly killing our home....

19. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

The space program. Seriously, all the posters in this thread who say "population reduction" in this thread need to wake up and realize population control leads to ecumenicism, which is the worst form of fascism The most humane way to take care of the rapidly growing population is to expand human-kind into space.

20. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Today for me it is dinner (and dessert :sifone:)