Marijuana May Be Even Safer Than Previously Thought

Discussion in 'Cannabis Activism' started by DdC, Feb 24, 2015.

1. DdC

DdC Member

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane
    by those who could not hear the music."
    -- Frederick Nietsche
    Marijuana may be even safer than previously thought,
    researchers say
    Compared with other recreational drugs — including alcohol — marijuana may be even safer than previously thought. And researchers may be systematically underestimating risks associated with alcohol use.

Those are the top-line findings of recent research published in the journal Scientific Reports, a subsidiary of Nature. Researchers sought to quantify the risk of death associated with the use of a variety of commonly used substances. They found that at the level of individual use, alcohol was the deadliest substance, followed by heroin and cocaine.

[​IMG]

CANNABIS AS A PREVENTATIVE

The endocannabinoid system regulates almost every biological process in our bodies and has evolved to not only restore our body’s homeostatic balance when it is ravaged by disease, but to prevent the development of diseased states in the first place.

FDA Reverses Its Position on Daily Aspirin

* Aspirin generated $1.27 billion in sales for Bayer last year,

* Evidence in support of using aspirin preventatively has gone from weak to weaker to nonexistent.

* Roughly 800,000 Americans die from cardiovascular disease annually, which includes heart attacks and stroke.

* The number of non-fatal events may be reduced, but the number of sudden deaths is actually increased, because what most physicians don't realize is that surprisingly aspirin can mask a cardiac event in progress.

* Each year, 15,000 people die and 100,000 people are hospitalized as the result of aspirin and other NSAIDs—and these are probably conservative estimates. But aspirin may be one of the oldest killer drugs! Strong historical evidence points to aspirin overdose as a major contributor to high death tolls during the 1918 influenza pandemic.

Science Says: Lungs Love Weed
    A new study, published in this month's Journal of the American Medical Association, tested the lung function of over 5,000 young adults between 18 and 30 to determine marijuana's effect on lungs. After 20 years of testing, researchers found some buzzworthy results: regular marijuana smokers (defined by up to a joint a day for seven years) had no discernable impairment in lung activity from non-smokers.

[​IMG]

NHTSA study: No evidence marijuana leads to higher crash risk

* Feds: No Link Between Pot and Car Crashes
    * Landmark Study Finds Marijuana Is Not Linked to Car Crashes
    USA Today nevertheless perceives a "new driving threat from dopers."
    * Consuming Alcohol Poses a Much Larger Risk for Driving Accidents Than Cannabis
    * STUDY: Stoned Drivers At Far Lower Risk Of Crash Than Drunken Drivers
    A government study on impaired driving released last week found that drivers who had used marijuana were at a far lower risk of getting into a car accident than drivers who had used alcohol.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music --- Frederick Nietsche
    Marijuana Vs Sugar -
    Which Drug Is Most Dangerous?
    Russell Brand The Trews (E260)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rofj9M5owGI

2. riponis

riponis Members

man, smoking marijuana is certainly not healthy. for those who smoke this really doesn't matter, for those who don't you seem just like a random stoner.

you didn't link much scientific papers. i see only bold statements here.

3. DdC

DdC Member

Troll

4. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

of course marijuana is safer than those other drugs. I fail to see any logic in marijuana being classified as schedule I (worse than methamphetamine which is schedule II..)

I also fail to
    to see the logic why alcohol would be considered less dangerous than any of these other drugs. Not only is alcohol more harmful, it also has no accepted medical use which would seem to make it a fine candidate for schedule I.

Tobacco is pretty harmful also, if I had to pick any of the "drugs" in that chart and pick the one I think deserved to be illegal I think I might pick tobacco. I think I'd make meth illegal before alcohol, but between alcohol and heroin I'd probably pick alcohol.

1 person likes this.
  5. DdC

DdC Member

Cannabis
    * Number of people that die each year = 0
    * Antidote = Coffee

Comparing drugs dwr

Too often, government officials and other prohibition-enablers have avoided comparisons in order to mislead the public about the dangers of specific drugs.

Our government bombards the public with all sorts of scary stuff about specific drugs, and consumers don’t know what to believe. Context is essential.

Drug Worriers preferred methods of treatment…

Partial list of Side Effects

Ambien, delusions,dementia,lack of feeling or emotion,thoughts of killing oneself,confusion,shakiness…

Celexa, lack of emotion,loss of memory,Behavior change similar to drunkenness,convulsions, (seizures)….

Adderall, Blistering,peeling,loosening of the skin-difficulty breathing,speaking,swallowing-dizziness….

Xanax, changes in patterns and rhythms of speech,clumsiness or unsteadiness,difficulty with coordination,shakiness and unsteady walk,feeling sad or empty,trouble performing routine tasks,burning, crawling, itching, numbness, prickling, “pins and needles, or tingling feelings,confusion about identity, place, and time

Prozac, inability to sit still,difficulty with concentration,drowsiness,mood or behavior changes,purple or red spots on the skin,continuing vomiting

Zoloft, very stiff (rigid) muscles, high fever, sweating, confusion, fast or uneven heartbeats, feeling like you might pass out; agitation, hallucinations, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite, feeling unsteady, loss of coordination; or headache, trouble concentrating, memory problems, weakness, fainting, seizure, shallow breathing or breathing that stops. decreased sex drive, impotence, or difficulty having an orgasm...

Paxil, unusual bone pain or tenderness, swelling or bruising; easy bruising, unusual bleeding (nose, mouth, vagina, or rectum), coughing up blood;agitation, hallucinations, fever, fast heart rate, overactive reflexes, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of coordination, fainting; slurred speech, severe nervous system reaction, uneven heartbeats, tremors...

3 million children taking stimulant drugs for ADHD

Life for Pot in Perspective

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgLefrt3KMw

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

They say the best medicine or cure is simple laughter. MJ induces fits of laughter.

Conclusion: MJ is the best medicine.

1 person likes this.