Male Pill: Trial And Side Effects

Discussion in 'Birth Control' started by Ophion, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Ophion

Ophion Members

In a Facebook update I recently saw a link to a piece of, in my opinion rather poor, journalism which blamed a handful of men who had reported "intolerable side effects" for a clinical trial into a male contraceptive pill having been abandoned while the pharmaceutical company did some further development.

The article did not cite any sources as it was much more concerned with calling the men wimps. Does anyone have any idea which trial it would have been and which of the potential mechanisms being researched this potential product was using?

2. Bobbie52

Bobbie52 Members

3. Fixes_big_yellow_things

Fixes_big_yellow_things Members

Unless you want future childeren, just get snipped. Consider it permanent, its not always reversible
    The freezing needle is the worst part, leaves you a little tender for few days and thats all.

And It's always fun handing that little container of pre and post up knuckle babies to the nurse for you sperm count.

4. iamjustme

iamjustme Wishful thinker HipForums Supporter

Or you can contract chronic epididymitis and have the epididymis removed.
    Although I wouldn't recommend it. You would not believe how large a testicle can swell. Mine swelled about the size of 1/3 of a grape fruit. Ever bit as painful as it sounds!

5. Panama Jack

Panama Jack Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Can’t answer for the clinical trials. However, Here’s my take on the male pill. I had my Vasectomy 30 years ago. I view a pill such as this as a chemical. Look at all the hormonal problems that women have endured. No way would I want to do that to myself. The temporary side effects of a vasectomy way out weights the chemicals. JMHO.

6. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

There’s short and long term bad side effects for women’s bc pills but I guess if it comes down to men having to take a bc pill, they’ll not stand for it. It’s ok for women to suffer taking bc pills but not men. So much equality eh?

7. Si69

Si69 Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

hmm.....i never wanted a vasectomy......just a bit phycological i suppose.....taking away my function as a man. but doubt i would take a chemical pill that kills sperm production when they finally develop and offer one on the market.

stick w ultra-thin condoms n bonded partners.

Simon :)