Korea Sucks!

Discussion in 'Asia' started by heywood floyd, Sep 10, 2007.

1. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

On one hand, I just helped to fix the computers of some very nice middle aged korean researchers in the US.

On the other hand, their younger accompaniment where very haughty, and said like 2 words to me the whole time.

And to all the south koreans who think badly of the US, are you fucking stupid? I don't think we should be there either, but if we where not there, you would be part of the united kim-jong-asskissing empire of korea, because you spend all your time talking shit about us, instead of taking up the banner.

2. Minx

Minx Guest

It is irritating isn't in, and thus far even if there are some good apples enough haven't come forward. And I am talking about the Koreans currently dwelling in S Korea not the ones who have moved abroad, because their mindset tends to be different.

They seem to absolutely "hate" all the things they are trying to copy in almost every aspect of their culture and society right down to the entertainment industry. It's a ruddy joke. Like I kept wondering why so many songs were 1/5 in English and why commercials had random slogans from American products in them.

And wait, what where do they get off looking down on anyone? Really? No.

If you hate Japan, China, and America so much, then stop copying us!

3. heywood floyd

heywood floyd Banned

Most Koreans believe that all of these things are Korean inventions, and those who don't probably see it as 'improvements'. That's what some Japanese people explained to me when I was over there... their love of baseball isn't love of an 'American' sport (maybe it wasn't born in America, but that's how it got to Japan and most of the rest of the world), it's an 'improvement'. They took something that was stupid and non-Japanese and made it amazing and Japanese, by changing absolutely nothing about it except for giving it an Asian face, and pretending like they don't envy the Americans... even though it's always a huge deal with a Korean/Japanese person becomes a star for any reason in America.

4. Sitka

Sitka viajera

I don't like the monotonous high-rise apartments, but South Korea definitely has its share of cool places, people, and things.

5. heywood floyd

heywood floyd Banned

This thread has had over 12,000 views.
    Fuck.

6. ChronicTom

ChronicTom Banned

You gotta hate it when one country does things like that... Like what the hell... don't they have any of their own accomplishments to be proud of...

I just can't imagine why a country would do something like that... Seriously, how fucked up is it when they have to steal others ideas and call them their own.

7. heywood floyd

heywood floyd Banned

You are a ****.

Nothing I have said proves that all Americans steal ideas without calling attention to the fact that they are borrowing/stealing ideas... and they usually give credit as well.

And anyway, I was wrong-- it actually WAS invented in North America-- I just looked it up.

PS: I wouldn't have called you a **** if you weren't so cunty and condescending in your hilarious post.

8. ChronicTom

ChronicTom Banned

Nothing I said proved (or even suggested) that ALL americans steal ideas.

I also never said Baseball wasn't invented in North America...

But seems you wish to focus on that one, let's have a look shall we?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baseball#Origins_of_baseball

Oh look... something that started out somewhere else, has some 'improvements' done to it and then called their own... Imagine that...

As for calling me a ****... if that's the best counter you have in this argument, I see no reason to get upset with you about it.

9. Montreal-Mark

Montreal-Mark Membre

And once again.
    Americains have found solice in their favourite past-times. Television propoganda, racism and finding justifications for going to war.

10. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

Not all Americans.

11. Montreal-Mark

Montreal-Mark Membre

Obviously not. But those that are like that have really really really big mouths and tend to control your nation.

12. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

Sadly- this I agree with.

13. RiceBowl

RiceBowl Guest

alright alright before i get started i just want everyone to understand a couple of things. i am full blown korean that was born and raised in america. alot of the things im about to say is base on MY experiences. alot of this is probably opinion based, and i apologized for my own ethnic group's stupidity.

Alright so first of all this is a reply to all those who say koreans are rude and racist. well me being korean that goes to an american school in america, i get a bunch of rude and racist comments from americans. so dont say any one country is rude and racist and make a big deal about it. just like how brits say "stupid americans" and trash talk americans.

secondly, yeah koreans are prideful but they dont base everything on looks. i know i dont, my korean friends dont, my family doesnt, and my families friends dont. so just because a bunch of people do one thing doesnt mean EVERYONE ELSE does. its just a matter of who the person is.

on a side note: that thavasa guy or whatever is really a dumbass. i dont care if he is korean, black, american, or anything else. HE IS A DUMB ASS. the things he said just make no sense and he has horrible grammar(im not saying i do cause i really dont)

finally i want to point out that so what korea took some ideas from america. i dont really care what they copy as long as i get some good hip hop/pop music

i also want to say that im grateful for americans because they stopped north korea! if it wasnt for them then i wouldnt be here in america. and heywood floyd can you please send me links or something that shows that korea thinks every invention is theirs?

14. GreenGardener555

GreenGardener555 Member

I spent a few years in Korea. And I went in with an open mind, trying to love the place. Hoping to find a good niche.

But, it DOES suck. Extremely overpopulated, polluted, materialistic, purile and shallow, aggressive and harsh people, an extremely rushed and fast paced atmosphere, closed-mindedness, acts of extreme selfishness and inconsideration abound, lots of draconian laws.....

When you go to smaller cities in Korea like Busan and Gwangju the people act a bit more cool and personable. But in the Seoul area and the northern part of the country there is an absolutely terrible culture permeating everyday life there. Many Korean people just have this unbelievably awkward and uncomfortable vibe, and they push this energy onto you.

I did meet some very cool Koreans. About 20% are cool people. And I think the younger generation is starting to loosen up a little bit. But the main vibe that you have to deal with every day is soul-crushing and breeds unhappiness in people.

It's very anti-human. You are just a cog in the machine in Korea. The success and wealth of the nation is much more important than you as an individual. That's how everyone thinks.

And Korea is a shitty place to be a stoner. Getting weed there is extremely difficult. Almost impossible really unless you want to do some very risky stuff.

I plan to never return. There's nothing there i'd like to visit again.

15. Vas Deferens

Vas Deferens Guest

I thought you were talking about the United States for a second there...lol! :)

16. wiccan_witch

wiccan_witch Senior Member

Most of the posts here seem to indicate that none of you can understand the mindset of the culture...this was my issue in China...so I left. If you don't like Korea...then leave, don't cry about it.

Eric! likes this.
  17. I am Rooney

I am Rooney Visitor

i heard north korea is pretty dope

18. Cloaking Device

Cloaking Device Member

I lived in Korea for 2 years and really liked it

I loved the food, the countryside, and the culture. I was very impressed with the small gap between working and middle class, of course there are still dirt poor people and super rich people, but workers seemed to be much closer in lifestyle and income to their bosses than in western countries (this was just my observations, i didn't study it....)

I also thought that while the patriotism did sometimes make me cringe it was understandable since their country has gone from a dirt poor quasi-fascist dictatorship to one of the richest and most high places on the planet in about 25 years.

I didn't live in Seoul though and I know that that is a very different experience, I think it's because of the army base but there were always stories of racist attacks on foreigners and that sort of thing there.

I think that a lot of people who live abroad end up hating places because they run into a lot of assholes and forget how many assholes there are back home. The general public sucks everywhere :D

19. Loveamerica1983

Loveamerica1983 Guest

Im 28 years old. i have travelled all over the world, and for the past 15 months found myself, still, in korea as an esl teacher. yes...some shit is very very annoying. and yes, i do have the right to complain, everyone around the world complains no matter where they are...its human nature. But...I am sick of this American apology and "im embarassed" to be an American shit. its disgusting and it shows a lack of decorum and backbone. you will never see a korean badmouth their country like that. i notice a lot of fellow esl teacher who i have met are America haters, and do nothing but bitch and complain about my country. and i have met some UK folks and Aussies the same. South Africans tend to chill out. i dont know if these folks, esp the UK has a fucking chip on its shoulder or what. maybe because they prefer AMERICAN instead of BRITISH english taught? i dont know. but i am disgusted at some of the vile filth that slithers into korea and is supposed to represent my country. WTF people? yes...we have made mistakes. and i forget...all countries are pristine and holy except for the USA. pull your heads out of your pretentious asses. you have heard the expression "love it or leave it?" well you have made the first step....now make it permenant. p.s.....most of the esl douches here are alcoholic assholes who i would never want to even hang around with. now take this, along with your American apology attitude, some Occupy whatever fucking street this week propoganda and shove it up your weed smoking asses! traitors.

20. psimmn

psimmn Guest