Korea Sucks!

Discussion in 'Asia' started by heywood floyd, Sep 10, 2007.

1. heywood floyd

heywood floyd Banned

Here's a really wonderful group in Korea that actually has worked hard to change the laws so that they're more hateful... and they've succeeded.

Here's an article where they claim that 80 percent of all Canadians have AIDS, molest children and rape Korean women. They justify this with a photo of someone getting an HIV test, which is something that they have helped to make mandatory in order to get a visa... so of course foreigners are going to be getting tested (Koreans prefer the 'I'll just assume I'm okay because I'm so awesome' approach to HIV testing-- and make no mistake, there are more extramarital affairs, more prostitutes, and more closeted yet wildly promiscuous homosexuals here than anyone in this society would ever admit-- and almost none of them use condoms).

http://www10.breaknews.com/sub_read.html?uid=49478&section=section3&section2=

For the rest of my life, I am going to be boycotting all Korean electronics and cell phones, and buying only Japanese products. I am also going to spend as little money in Korea as possible, and spend it all in another country, where I can actually feel somewhat okay about supporting the society.

2. christinelee97

christinelee97 Member

I'm korean and i came to america when I was only 8. I apologize for people who are so close minded in korea. we can be racistish. i know they judge by looks... i know it sucks but man we can be really nice. our history is smudged by some stuff that foreign peeps did including japan(I love japan and japanese though. they are so nice and their stuff is so good) killing koreans for no reason. and americans handed korea to japan. but i dont really care i love people.

We can speak fluent English whoever that said we cant speak english. Lol.
    my american boyfriend that im going out with right now loves me by who i am. i love him by who he is, not by his looks.

and your apology accepted :) i try to forgive peeps and spread sarang<3 yeah<3
    lol if you could like type in korean that would be awesome if we talked in korean XD

lolz. i sound creepy a bit.
    Christine Lee

3. PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy Guest

To the americans complaining about s. korea. I'd like to bring up the events in korea in 1945. After the surrender of Japan the Allies immediately took control of Japan's former occupied areas. Noticeably korea. The U.S. took the south while the Soviet Union took the north. Here the U.S. founded the Republic of Korea(south korea). So the nation south korea was established by the U.S.. The U.S. then put Syngman Rhee(who was a korean-american) in charge of the newly founded U.S. vassel/puppet state of south korea. Then filled the south korean government with koreans who SUPPORTED the japanese occupation or at the least worked for the japanese.

Another event, the summer of terror in 1950, here the u.s and s. korean government massacre thousands of people, estimated to be anywhere upward to about 800,000, suspected of being leftists and supporting north korea(note this was before the northern invasion)these people where usually killed without trial. Noted approxiamently 40,000 koreans fled to japan to escape syngman rhees U.S.-backed regime.
    Then North Korea invaded South Korea.
    Many Americans seem to believe it america came in to help korea after the north invaded but in fact the U.S. was there all along. Though no-one can say for sure why the north invaded but many believe ONE of the (many) reasons was to stop the americans from slaughtering korean civilians as well as make the U.S. leave to give korea its sovereignty(The eventually the U.S. gave it to them).
    Another interesting fact the American soldiers were ORDERED to shoot korean civilians while retreating during the war. U.S. soldier were told korean refugees where "fair game". Not to mention countless cases of rape. Studies have also shown that U.S./ South korean soldiers killed 6 TIMES more civilians than the north or chinese. And that was just in the south. Millions of north koreans were killed and millions more starved to death after the war.
    It should also be noted here that korean civilians directly killed by japanese during its occupation numbered only about 500,000.

So to Americans complaining about koreans, before you complain about how they act, think about your past actions against them as well take into consideration how many G.I.'s rape korean women each year as well as ESL teachers who go there to have sex with underage girls and overall foreighners who go to korea and undermine the people there.

4. Sakuramiyakawa

Sakuramiyakawa Guest

WTF? Japanese people aren't racist! I'm Japanese and am I racist? Technically since you are talking smack about Japanese people being racist, you are actually the one who IS racist.

5. kiwistyle22

kiwistyle22 Guest

I lasted 5 months as an ESL teacher in South Korea.
    It is beyond description.

Be prepared to be totally mind f*** by their culture, your boss, the kids, and all the other jock retards who teach esl. (With the exception of some good people).

Korea really is, a nightmare!

6. 99P

99P Member

youre probably talking about south koreans. capitalism does that to people. im sure north koreans are much more decent folks. too bad they did not win the war.

7. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Hell,they're still pissed about Captain Cook in Hawaii.It'll never end.

8. deleted

deleted Visitor

I like Korea,, the only place Ive ever fucked an Asian women.. :)
    Korea you Rock.. fuck all these haters.. ;p

Eric! likes this.
  9. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

Do Koreans suck then?

10. deleted

deleted Visitor

:eek:h she sucked alright..:) i cant remember the name the city, sounds like Gumgoo.. :confused:

11. Justin_Hale

Justin_Hale ( •_•)⌐■-■ ...(⌐■_■)

My step mom is from Korea. She is a wonderful person! I never lived with them, but I visited them often.

I was over there one time and found a can of Pringles in the cupboard. It was full of little dried fish, instead of chips. *gross*

Then I went into a drawer looking for a fork and found a dried octopus -lolwut!?

I wasn't there to see it, but my dad came home drunk one night and tried to hit her for some reason. She beat the crap out of him pretty bad, and she was half his size. lol

Turned out her uncle was a master in martial arts and taught her from when she was little. He found out the hard way not to try that again.

12. Zacharyrod

Zacharyrod Guest

The last sentence of yours prompts me to think you're full of total BS. I have lived in Korea for three years (still live here...) and I have witnessed only the opposite. You're right about Koreans being overly prideful and such, and because of that they treat foreigners like idiots. These people, this country does not even come close to understanding how much countries like America has helped pull them out of garbage, nor do those of you claiming Americans are all barbarians. Shame on you! These people are some of the rudest and nastiest people I have ever met, and I'll be damned if someone tries to convince me otherwise. Don't think I'm just some ignorant foreigner who just feels like spitting on Koreans (they spit enough), I understand much of their language and their mindset.

I thought that Korea would be interesting, but all I found here was a country of ungrateful posers and narcissists. They act as if they invented everything and claim to be the best, but all they do is copy other countries. They are racist and they have a sick obsession with being white and blonde. I have traveled to other Asian countries, Japan and China for example, and I find they are more polite and culturally rich than Korea. There are a million things I can talk about that make living in Korea unpleasant, but I will stop here. I do not live here by choice; I am seventeen and live with my parents. My father is in the military and mother is an elementary school teacher. My parents try to tolerate Korea, but I cannot. I am tired of accepting intolerable people, I am tired of people criticizing America, and most of all, I am tired of Korea. Maybe America should just leave South Korea. Maybe America should have never come. Let North Korea take it all back and enslave these spoiled, ungrateful Southerners. No more cell phones, computers, internet, and conveniences. Maybe America should have been the barbarian everyone claims it to be and just nuked Korea and take the land. All What is certain is that Korea doesn't deserve anymore help and the pushovers in our leadership positions need to be replaced.

13. Zacharyrod

Zacharyrod Guest

I agree, Japanese people can be bitter, but not racist! Most of the ones I have met have been kind.

14. Zacharyrod

Zacharyrod Guest

Making generalizations will get you nowhere. You think Koreans are the only victims of such acts? Cruelty like this could be multiplied and found elsewhere, still happening today in other countries found in regions such as South America and Africa. People in South Korea today are spoiled and have never experienced any such cruelty. Rape statistics and underage sex happens in almost every country and I can assure you most Koreans are unaware of such things. I’m not trying to justify crimes against Koreans, but history is an ugly thing and it is not exclusive. Don't think you can justify arrogance and the rude behavior of Koreans with simple trivia.

15. Migukin

Migukin Guest

First I'd like to say that I am American. I was stationed in Korea for 3 years as a soldier and now work in Seoul as a civilian. I think both parties need to understand each other a bit better. Your typical soldier isn't really an asshole, he's just a young kid who's been thrown in another country with nothing on his mind but drinking and partying. Thankfully, I had college to relieve that tension. American soldiers aren't particularly bad; it's just soldiers in general tend to be young, foolish, and pumped up on testosterone. Seriously, think of the 18-21 year old males you know. Second, Korea is a homogeneous country unlike America. It would be normal to walk down the streets of any city in the US and see a nice melting pot of ethnic groups. I can walk for hours in Seoul and not see another foreigner depending on where I am. Americans have this idea that everyone needs to be tolerant and accepting and politically correct just like America. Well, I have news for you, if you want to be tolerant, you have to tolerate intolerance. Third, remember that we are guests in Korea; I can't count how many times in Chicago I heard some buffoon yell at a foreigner for not learning English. So until you learn Korean, shut your trap about a lot of things (and yes my Korean is near fluent and no I'm not Korean American). Fourth, on complaining that they're rude: it's not Koreans that are rude it's city dwellers. I was born in LA, moved to Chicago, lived in NY for a bit, and let me tell you that Seoul is no different than most other cities. People push, shove, crowd, and ignore others around them. That's life in a city. I will say that living here is lonely and it's hard to do anything related to self improvement as a foreigner (i.e. I'm trying to take night classes to get my masters). However, for every bad experience, there's good ones too just like the states. Oh, and the office life here is hell, they don't understand the difference between being at work and working. Just because you're at work for 14 hours does not mean you did anything productive during the day.

16. Migukin

Migukin Guest

I also want to say that I somewhat agree with Zach and that my above post was not meant to slam Americans. I just want to do away with people bitching over that one bad experience or as I've seen, expecting to find America in Korea and being disappointed. I too have heard quite enough of the atrocities my country has done to the ROK. I'm sick of it. If I have a girlfriend, she must only want me for English practice or a visa, it can't be love--horseshit! Bottom line, soldiers do stupid things and I'm not excusing them, but American GIs are much nicer than the Japanese or Chinese who came before. At least we punish our criminals and even hand them over to the Korean court system if the crime is severe like rape (ex: the Heongdae incident). Also, statistically speaking, if you have about 40,000 of a group of people, regardless of nationality, there are going to be some bad apples in the bunch. When that South Korean marched into college in Virginia or W. Virginia (I forget which) Americans didn't cry about the violence of Koreans. When Koreans stabbed, beat, and murdered our soldiers or teachers in cold blood, we didn't hail the nation as wretched. I have 0 Korean friends because the ones I had were ridiculed for being seen with me. Their friends told them I was not welcome since I was a foreigner. I try to be open minded, but I must confess that after 4 years of living here now, I have to agree with Zach to a large extent. Though I won't say they are all bad or even individually so. The society is very communal and as a group, they adopt this mob mentality and xenophobic nature that is grotesque at best.

17. ChronicTom

ChronicTom Banned

I'm really curious about this now.... I didn't see one mention of Canadians in that article.

They talk about resident foreigners, specifically ESL teachers... Not once do I see any mention of anyones country of origin...

18. heywood floyd

heywood floyd Banned

WHERE are you getting these facts???? And how many Korean men rape Korean women every year?? And while we're on the subject of raping women, how many Korean men rape Filipino and Thai women every year? How many Korean men have a bad reputation in other Asian countries... among the PROSTITUTES??? Do you have any idea how many Korean women DESPISE their chauvinist absentee husbands and willingly have affairs with foreigners not even because they want the sex but because they want to HURT their husbands?

Maybe you should flee this horrible country that the Americans basically built for you out of nothing and flee to the paradise up North, where no one ever starves to death or has their family put in a prison for three generations, and life is 100% perfect.

19. heywood floyd

heywood floyd Banned

Maybe you should go there... see if you can get citizenship.

20. Minx

Minx Guest

Dang. And I was just coming here because I was ticked off at the Kpop posers (you know, the ones who rip off black music yet live in a society that claims to hate black people).

I wonder if Beyonce or Usher found out about such hypocrisy if they'd boycott Korea and take back all of their music that Kpop so liberally "borrows".

Wankers.