Its A Chat And It's A Desert Topping

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by ROLLINGALONG, Aug 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

You got that right!

Yeah, the shyster thought he'd explain to me how insurance companies work....which I then informed him that I was assured that he knew quite well how insurance companies usually work. ;) However, in this case, somebody would be coming back out here to inspect his work.

At that time, I had no idea what an ordeal I'd have to go through to get someone back out here...but persistence - and threatening to put on my black pantsuit and write letters - worked wonders. lol

Initially this idiot woman I talked to in claims asked me if I could get on the roof to inspect the work. I LAUGHED and told her that was one of the more foolish and stupid ideas I'd heard thus far.

But Ty, you have the roof with that Burkette's Lightening array and all that...all I can say is you are undoubtedly smarter about everything than anybody I've ever known.

1 person likes this.
  2. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

Yeah, that is going to happen. NOT.

1 person likes this.
  3. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Not sure about the "smartest" deal, but if a roofer says they will iceguard the whole south side of a roof they should, and if they did wouldn't they check to see if it stuck? 90% of our storms come out of the south/southwest and the leading edge of the shingles are NOT stuck down.

There are other problems as well... Guess who's gonna be fixing them?

4. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

lol...I fall in the road and break my lower left arm.

I fall down about 3 steps and break 2 bones in my ankle.

I'm afraid I wouldn't be getting up if I fell off the roof. :eek: :)

5. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

my roof is being done next week....owner is going with shingles this time......there is a shitload of aluminium up there but the dude already made a deal with the owners to salvage it himself

no worries..dude doing it has done a dozen on the island this year....came highly recommended

6. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

The thing with roofers... If they make it look okay from the ground, they think they are good to go. Who's going to get up there and check? Most home owners wouldn't even know what they were looking at anyways....

1 person likes this.
  7. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

Ty, those people you got to work on your roof were/are just dang asses, weren't they?!

But really, you know ALL about motors, engines and the like. You can put down flooring (of any type), tear out walls and build them AND do electrical stuff. You made guitars for years and know more about music than a lot of pros...I have No Doubt those skills are only the tip of the iceberg of your skills.

Now you've got to fool around/work up on a roof that is supposed to be fixed.

Yeah, I think you're smarter than you want to let on. :)

8. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

That is exactly right! That is also almost exactly what I told the idiot woman in claims after I finished laughing and telling her what a foolish, stupid idea she had come up with.

I told her what I could see from the ground was enough to justify sending someone out that Knew What They Were Looking At or For. wth

9. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

You are just one lucky ass. :) my dear :)

10. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

my nefie roofer buds that i spent a summer with would make a mistake...or point out a mistake..and then say

''oh well...i cant see it from my house''....lol

these dudes were pro's...they made very few mistakes

11. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

i think going past a thousand is bad because newcomers do not want to join in a long thread without reading it.........ie....aeriannes virtual thread.....its mega long.....i have no clue what has been said and posted so i'd worry about repeating someone elses post...or pic...or what have you

12. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

a guy i used to work with would say that all the time. he made very few mistakes also but when he did he wouldnt be able to see it from his house.

13. deleted

deleted Visitor

This is the end..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.