Isn't English the most Beautiful Language ?

Discussion in 'Other Languages' started by loveincarnate, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Cannabliss88

Cannabliss88 Members

French FTW. Nothing better than a video of a cute French guy saying random shit you don't understand but sounding like he's saying something very romantic haha

2. Space_Trippin

Space_Trippin Banned

yea kinda, but why is it that the people from england who started it can't even speak their own fvckin language [​IMG]

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

4. loveincarnate

loveincarnate Member

english; SPIRITuALLY
    SPIRIT U ALLY
    spirit is u (your) ally (guide)

SINGING Music ToGetHer
    Making MUSE I C to get her

----------------

In Spanish:

Roma ROME (BACKWARDS) Amor
    the opposite of ROME (vatican) is LOVE

------------------

In Spanish:
    CREER BELIEVE and CREATE
    jesus : ''As you believe so will creation BE''

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Darn fucken right it's beautiful ya mad ****.

1 person likes this.
  6. rado84

rado84 Members

About beauty of the language - idk. But it's an easy language which makes it so appealing.

7. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

Every language is an amalgamation/bastardization of an older language.

8. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

English is the modern language of the American Empire and is mostly famous for being good for engineering and conducting business. Hollywood movies, as well as economics, have helped to spread its adoption around the world, but it is also notable for any English speaking people to make themselves understandable to each other with little effort. In contrast, there are seven dialects of Chinese and they often have to pantomime drawing ideograms in the palm of their hands to make themselves understood. Having so few rules and backwards grammar allows English speakers to easily adopt words from foreign languages and technical terms which are now probably the single fastest growing aspect of any language. As languages go, English is considered among the ugliest sounding and not terribly lyrical nor poetic.

German is better for the sciences, while Urdu is the national language of Pakistan and famous for being the best language for poetry. It was originally the secret court language of Genghis Khan used for discussing battle strategies and whatnot, but a couple of his generals were also poets who tweaked it a bit.

9. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

I don't like it much. It has lots of weaknesses and imperfections. For example:

- Use of the verb "are" in the singular
    - The word "bow" has four completely different connotations.

10. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Turkish is one of the most beautiful languages.
    Just wow

11. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

Bought his album when I was There ( cant understand a Frigging word of it ) But I know what you mean !!
    http://youtu.be/s0HuEvYNJNk

12. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

I listen to A LOT of Turkish music.
    It helps with vocabulary!

I have to say though, I never liked that Tarkan's song xD

And Turkish grammar is so beautifully logical.

If there are any other turkish songs you like, post or PM!

13. autophobe2e

autophobe2e Senior Member

There's a good poem on the subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfRSvTSY0d4

14. Asmodean

Buick doesn't rhyme with quick because its originally not an english name/word. Its pronounced pretty different in english nevertheless, it actually sounds awful how english speakers pronounce dutch words with the 'ui' combi in it, but it seems the reason for why it doesn't rhyme with 'quick' anyway!
    Class dismished :p

15. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

It's interesting that English and Dutch share common roots. The language spoken by the Anglo Saxons was similar to Old Dutch. Whenever I hear Dutch spoken though, I realize that for me anyway it would probably be a hard language to learn. I'm told on the other hand that my French accent is good - maybe because of my French ancestors.
    Generally I find southern European Latinate languages easier than Northern European.

BTW - I'm not seeing Mr. Perry any more - just a button that takes me to the image. Wonder why...........

16. Asmodean

^ Weird... sounds like the url still is good and i didn't change anything, but something changed :p

About english speakers and dutch: its funny how they sometimes make fun of how dutch words are pronounced and how weird the language sounds to them, but when they demonstrate it it sounds like an alien language to us dutchies. The ui sound in buick is an excellent example.

We dutchies are generally much better in speaking english than french. I heard more then once that we dont have an accent.

17. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

You probably know that 'double Dutch' means 'unintelligible speech' in English. A phrase that's embedded in common language.

Whenever I've met Dutch people who speak English, they've always spoken in quite well. The Dutch accent is much easier on the ear than German for example. Lighter. The French too, or some of them anyway,seem to struggle with some English pronunciation.

I'm still not seeing your sig pic. I'll check all my settings, but I don't think it's my computer. Could be a forum issue.........

18. Asmodean

It's not your computer! And most likely also not your settings.

19. psymon*

psymon* shadilay

Pig latin was the first language I ever learned. It's beautiful....

20. psymon*

psymon* shadilay

Pig latin was the first language I ever learned. It's beautiful....