Is It Bad I Have A Crush On The Singer?

Discussion in 'Musicians' started by thatsall, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Meh, rock is dead, not like the bands going to get anywhere anyway

2. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

Yeah but a lot of people play it just for fun and camaraderie.It's always good to catch a live band,even though they may not make it to stardom,it's a gig right?

1 person likes this.
  3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

In this regard they are. Once you find a capable drummer they also have to be a bit likeminded where it comes to the music that is trying to be created. For example in metal you often find drummers who are good but then appear to be too fond of blast beasts etc.

4. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

On record,drums can be recorded in so many different ways.Strangely,drums can be tuned to a certain key to match the key of the song during recording.Of course,this is impossible to reproduce live except for sophisticated electronic kits.

5. Asmodean

Ever since I heard Bill Wards drumming on the first Black Sabbath albums I was sold to that style, and still am. I don't want it too tight or technical, I want it to be groovy and hear a 'sloppy' drum roll on every appropriate moment :D Not sure I'm using the correct technical terms :p

1 person likes this.
  6. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

Bob Dylan said even the simplest penny whistle tune can be a song.I follow that path.

7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Cant remember the last time I passed a local and saw an actual full band in action

Nowadays, if you even see live music its usually at most two, a singer and some guy pressing buttons

Even if not paid, there doesn't seem to be any demand

8. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

No disrespect,but London is different,all across the spectrum there are pub bands playing for free,open mikes and professional bands playing every night of the week.

2 people like this.
  9. Asmodean

Here that is not the case. You can find indie stuff with 'real' musicians in any big city (I'm just not that fond of most indie I encounter), same with the good ol' blues, blues rock and reggae, the typical folk stuff in the irish pubs and actually a lot of jam bands of any kind. You just have to go to the right places I guess.

10. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

There ya go! Good move. :)

11. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

Our first drummer was definitely not the guy for us. He was a metal drummer who was a prick and judgmental of everyone else when he couldn't play two songs in a row without dropping a stick or ruining the beat. And for the love of god.....stop it with the fucking double bass pedal. There is no need to play a double bass pedal when playing jazzy or jammy music! It's only a musical projection of your ego on stage and it ruins the music. I was so glad when we got rid of him.

12. Asmodean

Haha yeah, double bass and blast beats! Hey, I can appreciate both but not all the time or in every kind of music :p

13. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

you don't need a big city; i'm in a small town and there's a bunch of actual bands here. granted, they're all cover bands, but they all play actual instruments.

of course, i'm originally from an even smaller town than i'm in now, and there's a few actual instrument playing full bands making original music out there.

14. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I think it is bad to be obsessed over someone who does not feel the same way...it causes many problems.

15. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

Seems to me the Emotive Passion of desire can be one, or other.
    Having both Loves within the heart means that one will be the Mrs - the other the Mistress.
    At some time - One will have to focus on on or the other - for sharing such will see Double Disaster
    ... and one will need to be let go

1 person likes this.