Inspiring quotes from hinduism and other sources

Discussion in 'Hinduism' started by half a hippie, Aug 22, 2005.

1. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

MOTHER is the most powerful of influences...

kinulpture likes this.
  2. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

It is the nature of the human mind that negative thoughts cause overthinking. When we dwell on someone’s good qualities, the mind remains calm and there are few thoughts. But think about something you do not like in someone and there will be a long train of thoughts. That changes our perception and attitude towards them. - Sister Shivani ( Prajapita Brahmakumaris )

Understand that you are ready for moksha (enlightenment), when you can see your own mistakes. Without awareness, no one can see his own faults. But if he needed to, he can easily see two to five hundred or so faults in others. ~ Ambalal Muljibhai Patel ( Dada Bhagwan )

3. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

You must abstain from thinking about some one when you cannot think well of him. ~ Mira alfassa

Never grumble. All sorts of forces enter you when you grumble and they pull you down. ~ Mira alfassa

I tell you one thing. If you want peace of mind, do not find fault with others. Rather learn to see your own faults. Learn to make the whole world your own. No one is a stranger, my child; this whole world is your own. ~ Sarada Devi

Best way to practice witness state is not to criticize anyone, not to criticize. I've seen people who are all the time criticizing others. They cannot criticize themselves, so they start criticizing other. So much so that they don't even see what's wrong with them. ~ Nirmala Devi

kinulpture likes this.
  4. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

Before knowing the truth if you depend on your intelligence you can be misled completely.

Intelligence that is without the spiritual insight is your own ego, is not pure intelligence, it is just your ego, which says, “This is right”, “I say”, “I believe”, “I am like this” – that is ego. After realization the truth that comes to you is the real pure truth and is not your ego. ~ Nirmala Devi

A person is wise who does not only know what is right and wrong, but also he knows very well his own power not to do something wrong. He just does not do it.

Wisdom is a complete power within ourselves by which we try nothing. It just spontaneously works through us and we do things which are proper and right.~ Nirmala Devi

Wisdom you don’t get in colleges, schools,universities, nowhere. Where do you get it, the wisdom? You get it through your spirit, which gives you a complete idea as to what is right and what is wrong. ~ Nirmala Devi

kinulpture likes this.
  5. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

“In each moment you must decide which is your master – the Truth or the ego.” ~ Maharishikaa Preeti

You have at the center of your system this truth impulse. And you also have to deal with the great ego noise, the ego lie.

And so every urge to action that arises from your system, its being like a scientist, you are trying to find out where is this urge to action arising from.

Is it arising from the ego noise, the ego lie !

Or is it arising from the Truth impulse, the soul impulse ? ~ Maharishikaa Preeti

Everyone needs to know that they have a guru, and that this guru is the Source of all the answers they need, to navigate this process of living. They need to know that this guru is the AntarAatman or Soul or Source that resides within them, and they need to know how to listen to the answers from Source. ~ Maharishikaa Preeti

MeAgain likes this.
  6. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

Righteous living means listening to your inner voice. Your conscience. We can always hear the inner voice, even as a small child. ~ Rajini Menon

So, Life is this Moment and it consists of you and what comes to you in the Moment.

Next – how to handle this Moment? You have to first accept what comes to you in the Moment.

Acceptance is to mentally accept that such and such situation is here and now. After fully accepting it this way, the next step is to do what is most righteous in the situation, whatever is the situation!

Now what is this most righteous act to be done? How do you know that? The most righteous act is what your inner voice or inner conscience, manasakshi, tells you and not what your mind tells you. ~ Rajini Menon

How do you differentiate between the true inner voice and the minds outer voice? If you are served a bowl of apples and a dish of sweets, and if you are diabetic with a craving for sweets, your mind will pull you towards eating the sweets, but your inner voice will tell you to go for the apples.

Suppose a bowl of apples and a tray of oranges are served to you and if your mind pulls you towards oranges and your inner voice will be telling you that either of these is all right.

That is to say if there is a conflicting voice in you, that is, an opposing voice between the inner and the outer voice, you have to listen to, or follow the inner voice, and where there is no conflicting voice between the inner and the outer voice, there you may follow as your whims and fancies are, that is you may follow your mind’s voice or outer voice! Your job is over. Now you sit there hand on hand doing nothing. The results are not your choice. Your botheration is over once you accept what comes to you and do what is the most righteous in the situation. ~ Rajini Menon

7. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

There are moments in your life when you must act, even though you cannot carry your best friends with you. The 'still small voice' within you must always be the final arbiter when there is a conflict of duty. ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Having made a ceaseless effort to attain self-purification, I have developed some little capacity to hear correctly and clearly the 'still small voice within'. ~ Mahatma Gandhi

I shall lose my usefulness the moment I stifle the still small voice within. ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Before one is able to listen to that voice, one has to go through a long and fairly serve course of training, and when it is the inner voice that speaks, it is unmistakable. The world cannot be successfully fooled for all time. There is, therefore, no danger of anarchy setting in because a humble man like me will not be suppressed and will dare to claim the authority of the inner voice, when he believes that he has heard it. ~ Mahatma Gandhi

The Inner Voice | Mind of Mahatma Gandhi

8. ~Zen~

Wise words from a very wise man. Thank you @Ajay0 !

Ajay0 likes this.
  9. Constantine666

Constantine666 Members

I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
    I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

-- Robert A. Heinlein

10. Constantine666

Constantine666 Members

Suppose that we are wise enough to learn and know - and yet not wise enough to control our learning and knowledge, so that we use it to destroy ourselves?
    Even if that is so, knowledge remains better than ignorance.

-- Isaac Asimov

11. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

“Only in the depth of pure silence can we hear God's voice.” ~ Mata Amritanandamayi

In the depths of silence, we hear the whispers of our soul and the wisdom of the universe.” ~ Mata Amritanandamayi

“The whispers of intuition guide us towards the path aligned with our soul’s purpose. Trust its gentle guidance and let it lead you to your true calling.”
    ~ Mata Amritanandamayi

Once we realize the silence within, our lives will no longer be guided by conflicting thoughts. Rather, we will develop an intuitive mind that will enable us to take the right decisions at the right time with the right understanding.~ Swami Amritaswarupananda

~Zen~ likes this.
  12. ~Zen~

Silence is Golden!

Ajay0 likes this.
  13. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

The goal of yoga science is to calm the mind, that without distortion it may hear the infallible counsel of the Inner Voice.~ Paramahansa Yogananda

“Intuition gives the soul knowledge of itself (Self-realization). Intuition also bestows clear understanding of truth and duty amidst the confusions of the world.”~ Paramahansa Yogananda

The more you meditate and keep your mind in tune with the Divine Consciousness, the stronger your intuition becomes. In addition, persons who have controlled their emotions and who are calm within have much keener intuitional powers. ~ Paramahansa Yogananda

14. ~Zen~

I find myself in a meditative state quite often these days.

When I surface to reality, it sometimes bites, but it is very real.

15. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

Many thanks yall

16. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

Attune yourself to the active inner Guidance; the Divine voice has the answer to every dilemma of life. ~ Lahiri Mahasaya

Always remember: As you move on the dark path of life, the greatest thing is to develop that intuitive faculty. That can only come through meditation; there is no other way. When I use intuition it always shows me the right decision to make. It never fails.~ Sri Sri Paramahansa Yogananda

This intuition comes to you as an inner voice, or whispering. You must be careful to distinguish that inner guidance from the delusive fanciful voices of the subconscious mind. ~ Sri Sri Paramahansa Yogananda

MeAgain likes this.
  17. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

"The inner voice speaks unto him who has annihilated his ego or false personality." ~ Swami Sivananda

Never mistake the lower mind’s promptings for the voice of the soul”. ~ Swami Sivananda

“The pure conscience itself is the “Inner Voice”. But the difficulty in the ordinary man is that the voice of the lower mind, the voice of the brutal instincts, is often misunderstood as the voice of conscience. As a result of such misunderstanding, guided by his animal tendencies, he commits colossal blunders, involving danger to others. It requires a great degree of purity and calmness of mind to hearken the true Inner Voice.” ~ Swami Sivananda

18. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

Two people have been living in you all your life. One is the ego, garrulous, demanding, hysterical, calculating; the other is the hidden spiritual being, whose still voice of wisdom you have only rarely heard or attended to.

As you listen more and more to the teachings, contemplate them, and integrate them into your life, your inner voice, your innate wisdom of discernment, what we call in Buddhism “discriminating awareness,” is awakened and strengthened, and you begin to distinguish between its guidance and the various clamorous and enthralling voices of ego. The memory of your real nature, with all its splendor and confidence, begins to return to you.

You will find, in fact, that you have uncovered in yourself your own wise guide, and as the voice of your wise guide, or discriminating awareness, grows stronger and clearer, you will start to distinguish between its truth and the various deceptions of the ego, and you will be able to listen to it with discernment and confidence. ~ Sogyal Rinpoche

We have also lost the sensitivity to listen to our own inner voice. Loss of this sensitivity is largely due to the conditioning of modernity that makes us think about ourselves as something independent and artificial. We have distanced ourselves from our own nature, and when we distance ourselves from our own nature we also distance ourselves from nature surrounding us outside. This distance creates fear and conflict. ~ 5th Samdhong Rinpoche, Lobsang Tenzin

MeAgain likes this.
  19. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

Quiet the mind, and the soul will speak. ~ Ma Jaya Sati Bhagavati

Often you do the act thinking it’s coming from a deep place, and then a moment later, you see the dissonance that it creates, or the feeling that it’s not quite right, and there’s a tuning mechanism. You keep using feedback. There’s a feedback process, to learn how to listen to that. The more you go into meditative practice, the deeper you can hear it.

Part of it is learning how to trust that inner voice. People who are very enamored with their intellect don’t trust that inner space. ~ Ram Dass

What's the difference between my ego and my true nature?

MeAgain likes this.
  20. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

The Guru within you is Satchidananda. It directs you continuously. It advises you. Sometimes you listen. Sometimes you don’t and then you get burnt and cry. It will say, “Please next time be careful.” We call that the antar Atma, the inner Self which constantly guides you. It is your conscience. “Be true to your Self,” we say. That is the Self. Listen to that Self. ` ~ Swami Satchidananda

Don’t allow the monkey mind or the ego within to guide you; it will drag you into the ditch.~ Swami Satchidananda

When you completely give up your ego, you hear the voice within. You hear the Guru within. Then it becomes very easy to face the life, to win the battle. ~ Swami Satchidananda