I'm Too Damn Old For This.

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by tumbling.dice, Mar 13, 2018.

1. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

As I may have mentioned in other posts I recently got together with some old army buddies. We wanted to go hiking (in fact it was my idea.) We used to enjoy hiking and I thought it would be fun. Well let me tell you, after a half hour I was huffing and puffing and hating life. I've resolved never to go hiking again.

Anything you're to damn old to do anymore?

machinist likes this.
  2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Just about everything...

Aerianne and SpacemanSpiff like this.
  3. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

putting my pants on

..also parking in far spots is a no-go

,,shopping without a cart even if im just buying one thing

ill add more when i think of them

"new" music

Orison and Aerianne like this.
  4. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

Masturbate 6 times a day

5. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Wonder Woman underoos

Orison, Deidre, Kerri and 1 other person like this.
  6. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I bet that ass still looks great!

7. Kerri

Kerri Members

Pop tarts

8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Ah, the Murtaugh list

Orison and tumbling.dice like this.
  9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Binge drinking
    Actually make that all..er..most intoxicants
    Staying up all night
    Hanging out at my friends' houses for days without going home to my own bed

Lynnbrown likes this.
  10. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

Rather than being too old for hiking, you're more likely too out of shape for long hikes. You can't just be sedentary for months or years and expect to be in the same shape you were when you were more active.

If you do a half-hour of brisk walking a day for a few months, you'll probably be able to do the same hike without much trouble.

freespiritedone likes this.
  11. newbie-one

Does that mean that you masturbate more or less than that now?

12. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

Lucky Charms cereal. I could eat it in secret though, and no one would know.

scratcho, Orison and Meliai like this.
  13. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

You are making me feel ashamed about my loss of energy over the last few years. Jane reminded me last week that my mother never took the bus for the 7 mile journey when she visited us every week, even when she was 85 years years old. Walking every day must have been good for her health, since she lived until she was 98 and still walked to the shops until the last few years..

scratcho and MeAgain like this.
  14. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I assume since you are talking about old army buddies, you are talking back when you were in your 20s

"We used to enjoy hiking"

Cant say I ever found walking up a mountain then back down again all that exciting, whether it was in my 20s or later

Cycling too, riding around for hours balancing on that little seat pressed up in the part between your nuts and your bumhole, never found that exciting either

15. newbie-one

Sorry. Not trying to engergy-loss shame you.

Energy loss doesn't necessarily come from being sedentary, but I suppose it can

16. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Chocolate, or anything sweet, just not as interested as I used to be. Everything has to be salty

I remember as a kid my grandad used to put salt on his porridge, I was like what da fook?, now I get it

17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Nope, I'm not old enough for anything yet and if I am, I'm gone hurt myself finding out. :p

I do find though if you just keep going then you're better off like my older farming family are late 60s and 70s and those dudes can farm like they always have. But then once a person stops doing that, to me is like leaving a car for 3 years and then problems arise when driven again. So I don't think maybe you're too old for hiking just, you need a good service lol.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  18. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

No need to apologize, the truth needs to be pointed out to me at times.

On the other side of the coin, my brain seems to be more active to compensate. During the day, the phone hardly stops with people asking me everything from how to solve electrical engineering problems, how to fix the washing machine, to having difficulty with their maths homework.

A few months ago, you advised me about possible alternative help for our sons knee problems. Unfortunately, it appears to be a bit more serious than we originally thought.

He had an appointment with a senior consultant last week and xrays show that his articular cartilage area has an outgrowth that is chipping off against his patella and the debris is grinding into and damaging the meniscus cartilage along with its associated ligament. This is the root of the nerve damage that causes all the pain. The consultant thinks that the growth stems from an incorrectly healed small bone fracture that Terence knew nothing about. I think that the outgrowth will have to be corrected by surgery, since it is the size of a marble and needless to say, Terence is not very happy about it.

machinist likes this.
  19. AstroShark

AstroShark Member

I'm just getting too dam old for bullshit! Ive gotten better over the years on just telling people to fuck off

freespiritedone likes this.
  20. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

Being entertained by online drama.

Feeling the need to proof my point, or that i'm right.

freespiritedone and Deidre like this.