I'm Frustrated.....

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Ashalicious, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

I've been taking great pleasure at yelling at the wall before bed, actually.

As soon as I see him again, I plan on saying something. I actually think he's been hiding, though, since I sent that first note.

The smell hasn't even been all that bad in the last two weeks, however my husband and I have become very sensitive to it, so even the slightest wiff makes our blood boil.

2. Ashalicious

Update: The property manager sent our neighbor a letter today, advising him there have been some complaints about his personal hygiene and the odor coming from his place and asking him to clean up. We've also been advised by the property manager that if the problem persists, then the next step will be to get the health inspector involved. Jimbo and I are both feeling positive about this new development.

Silver lining: Because I have to make everything fun, and I was so sick and tired of the stress this smell was causing my husband and I (we have become so sensitive to it, that even the slightest wiff of his smell in our apartment would cause our blood to boil), I decided to turn it into a game. The aim of the game - make my house smell as amazing as possible. So I went out and bought some air fresheners for the bathroom, dusted off my wax burning diffuser that I haven't used in years, and bought a couple of scented candles. I have also taken to boiling a concoction of lavender, coconut oil, bay leaves, and cinnamon in a little sauce pan on the stove. The house was smelling great, and we were both feeling positive. Then Wednesday night rolled around, and I climb into bed, and what do I smell? The god damn mother fucking neighbor. I was about ready to go next door and throw soap at him. So, yet again, my husband and I moved our pillows and slept with our heads at the end of the bed. I realized then and there that I had no choice but to move our bed to the other end of the room. So yesterday, when I got home, I (all by myself, I might add) started moving furniture around. I rearranged the entire bedroom, and while I was a bit stressed and overwhelmed at first, because everything was in disarray, it slowly started to come together. My husband talked me through a bit of a meltdown (that was mostly triggered by sheer exhaustion and the worry that I had thrown my back out from moving all of our bedroom furniture by myself) but now, things are actually more organized than they were before I started this project, and I absolutely LOVE how our bedroom looks. We also found the source entrance for the smell - which is a little electrical box thing that appears to be connected to our two apartments. (see pic).

So, all in all, we are back to feeling positive about our little shoe box, and if all goes well, the neighbor will take the hint and deal with the smell.

[​IMG]

This electrical box thingy was literally right between where our heads were at night. Even though our bed is very high, we could still smell him. This hasn't been an issue since I've moved our bed to the other side of the room and put an air freshener in front of the box, as well as a wax burning diffuser above it.

3. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

There was always stink coming from an apartment floor I used to live on. I actually thought maybe the lady died. I called the health department. I think someone else called the police and it turned out she had a bunch of rotten milk in her place or something.

4. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

maybe burn some incense..

5. Ashalicious

My husband doesn't like incense, unfortunately. The candle, air freshener, stove pot smelly, and wax diffuser are all working quite well.

6. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-o-4txOiVE

7. Ashalicious

You know what, I don't even know if I can say for sure that I've seen the original terminator. I know I've seen T2 many a times, but I don't know if I've seen the first. I'll be dammed.

8. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yep! Just like that other forum post I read that said it was leaking in through some problem in the closet wall.

9. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

I'm glad you've got it set up so you can actually sleep at night! I hope your neighbor can either get his shit together and clean up or get the help he needs.

10. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Sorry about your problem neighbor, I’ve always lived in either a house or in Military barracks which were always kept immaculate – or else!

I did think your note was a little aggressive and a bit condescending, but apparently it did achieve the results you were looking for.

Hotwater

11. Ashalicious

We never ended up sending that note. We went to the property manager, and he sent a note.

Several of our friends shared your opinion about that note, which is why we didn't send it.

12. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fn1AtuaX0Gk

2 people like this.
  13. Ashalicious

Some of those are actually pretty funny. I can't believe someone actually took a dump behind an air conditioning unit? What the actual fuck?

1 person likes this.
  14. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

rollingstoned?

3 people like this.
  15. Ashalicious

Oooo, probably.

16. lode

lode Banned

You guys could always toss in a cheap air purifier and a few big plants.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Holmes-Egg-Air-Purifier-with-Permanent-HEPA-Type-Filter-HAP601-U-/351635342796?hash=item51df1985cc:g:KjgAAOSwoydWoPPX

All the good smelling stuff is just masking odors, while with adding plants and an air-filter, your changing the composition of the air in your room.

If on top of that you heat a little oil, I suspect your problems will be solved. Maybe not. It sounds pretty bad. I'm glad I'm in a house.

17. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I like my house too but feel compelled to add that nomads don't have this problem either.

18. Ashalicious

I've been boiling a sauce pan with water, a few heaping scoops of coconut oil, and cinnamon on the stove and it's been making the house smell amazing. There is a battle of the smells going on in the hallway now. Our side smells fabulous, and his side still stinks. I haven't been able to smell him in our apartment for about a week now. Oh, and I am in love with our bedroom now, after moving all the furniture around. I never would have done that if I hadn't smelled him through the wall in the first place, so I think the whole "problem" has been a blessing in disguise.

1 person likes this.
  19. Ashalicious

Got home after spending the weekend away on a little mini retreat, and the hallway just REEKS. I don't think the neighbor has opened his windows in months. At least our place didn't stink, but I still made a smelly on the stove as soon as I got in the house, just to help me relax.

I just don't understand how one persons stench can stink up an entire apartment floor hallway.

20. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

maybe he didnt like the letter and is doing it on purpose now :punk: