If I'm Going To Play

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by themnax, Oct 2, 2017.

1. themnax

themnax Senior Member

if i'm going to play one of those rading party conflict games, like just about all simulation gaming is these days,
    (although i've noticed the industry is finally trying to broaden its horizons a little bit)

i want weapons that don't look like weapons, armour that dousn't look like armour,
    cultures that don't hate logic or consideration,
    and gods who are friendly, harmless and have no wish to be feared.

of course i want the setting to be strange and beautiful too.
    (that i can easily find. most of them are going for that, as an initial condition.

its everything else i mention, that is how i would want to fantacize in a game or a story.

something like a magic user's walking stick, but that's a technology device rather then relying on 'magic',
    (if gm's would allow, and if anyone could have one, including nipics, i don't see how that would unbalance anything,
    it would not be unlimited in function, but use of the functions it had would be nearly so)

also of course, the diversity of fantasy, without the cleche's,

just rambling and dreaming, i'm sure there's a lot out there i know little or nothing about,

endless realms, l.o.a., genestorm strange lands, and of course jade claw and panda something or other,
    dragon rim and myst clones.

mmo's would be ok too, if i had a sufficient monthly band width allotment or unlimited which i don't,
    because what i have for access is free but very much limited wifi where i live.