Homeless, Looking For Room For Rent

Discussion in 'For Sale or Trade' started by Echo Catharsis, May 20, 2017.

1. Echo Catharsis

Echo Catharsis Members

I'm in need of a place to be by the first week of June. I get my money on the third and am looking to pay between $450-650 for a room for rent. I moved to upstate New York in April, thinking that living with friends was going to be a permanent solution, but something came up and they need me out of the area by the end of the first week of June. I'm legally blind so the room would have to be in a place near bus lines or within walking distance to groceries, town, etc. I'm 420 friendly, I don't have any of my own pets but love cats and dogs, I'm a singer/pianist/keyboardist, I have mental illness but am stable and safe with treatment and know how to get safe when I don't feel it. I would identify myself as a neo-hippy (child of the 80's) pagan goth eclectic eccentric. If this sounds like someone anyone in the U.S. would like as a roommate, feel free to message me and we'll talk further! Thank you all in advance!

Katelyn

2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I don't envy your situation. My best advice is to use craigslist to find a room for the short term. You might be surprised how good the results may be. Just follow this link http://craigslist.org and look at the results for housing. It should let you search for any area you want, but I haven't looked at it in awhile, so they may have changed how it works. Dunno.. best of luck to you though! :)

3. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

4. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

Sorry that things didn't work out with your present living arrangement.

You can call 211 or visit www.211.org
    They can help you with housing (then can also help with a bunch of other things, but that's one of the things they do).

There may be housing out there that is specifically designated for people with disabilities. There also might be some government services out there helping people with disabilities find housing.

Even if you are not on lease in your current housing, you're still entitled to 30 days notice for the end of your tenant-at-will agreement. You may not want to apply force with your friends, but you should know what your rights are if you need them.

I think rents are pretty cheap at least in parts of upstate NY. You may even be able get your own apartment for that price range, depending on the area. I think Geneva, NY has a concentration of disabled people, they might have good services there, idk.

Hope that you can find new housing that you like soon!

5. abarambling

abarambling Banned

I hope you come back, and let us know how it worked out for you.

To be honest, being homeless in New York, Chicago, California, and major cities like that isn't too bad in the spring/summer. So, there's that. But, I really hope you're not homeless. I don't know how some people choose to be homeless, or live in their car. It sounds horrible.

6. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

And Geneva has at least one great breakfast restaurant (or had in 2003 anyway)