High platue

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by Thekarthika, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Thekarthika

Thekarthika Member

Me and girlfriend have been stoners for nearly a year now and we're both getting to the point where we can't get much higher. Tolerance I suppose. We use bongs mostly, so maybe that's why. How can we get higher?

2. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

take a break for a week or two, that is really the only way to mitigate tolerance.
    or try edibles

redshoes likes this.
  3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Ah, welcome to my hell. Tolerance.

Right, well you wanna get that shit down you're gonna have to use some willpower and energy. So smoke what you got or lock it away because the next week's gonna be rough.

Right, so, you've stopped. Good. Now take a hot bath every day, twice a day if you can. You wanna sweat a lot, I find the truth about THC sticking to fat cells quite true so you wanna burn or melt that. Hot baths rock in this department. Sweat it out, also jog or exercise. Do that for a week you're cheering, two weeks even more so. But you also have to throw down some other things like, I smoke bongs too, but sometimes a vape hits you better. Hit the vape when your tolerance is low, then hit the bong when the vape don't hit you so well. Also mix up your weed, if you're just smoking the same strain then that's what your tolerance is, that one strain. Try a different one for better results. :)

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Also, try not to smoke as much. I mean I'm on two bong hits to the skull per session, but a lot of the time if I'm doing something, one bong smack to the skull is all I need and that second one just sends me to the couch or some shit. So you don't wanna overdo it basically. And try only smoke it when you're going to do something enjoyable on it. I've stopped smoking for the sake of smoking, so I only smoke now before bed and when I know I will enjoy the experience on it.

I was going to go for a decent several month break but decided to try an Oz of stuff I haven't smoked before, I'm getting that in a couple of days. :)

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yep, there is but the best thing a out our little herb is that the tolerance is actually quite easy to get rid of and not months like some others.

Even one day off the green can do wonders.

I find it's all about the mentality. If you break for a day but start to worry will the next hit be any good then it won't but if you go in excited for the herb then the mental state at the time can spark a big high feeling.

Metabolism is also a key thing when tolerance breaking from weed. Trust me, the healthier you are over a week the better it'll be.

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

A lot of people swear by no addiction to weed. While there may be zero traces or addictive chemicals, for me personally there's a very real psychological addiction. I get to this point when I am about to run out. It's a panic for me, but lucky I know the people where I can just give a friend some money and the next day I've an ounce of weed.

Mind you some folks don't get like that. I'm a habitual smoker, two sessions a say at pretty much the exact same time, so I will hit a feeling and a high every day at the same time and of course that's going to have habitual elements in the psychology of my smoking pattern etc.

I don't sleep well when I'm not smoking which is a very common withdrawal problem for many weed smokers. To me, if there's any withdrawal symptom akin to anything, then in some way it's addictive. If it wasn't addictive then there'd be no symptoms.

I smoke my weed straight green and always have I have never laced it with anything for any reason. So the drug is all I'm taking and if I have withdrawal symptoms then it is additive to some degree.

I get over the withdrawal after a few days.

7. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

well there's always hard drugs. or, like everyone else said, a tolerance break.

you could also drink a couple beers first. not enough to get drunk, but if you have a slight alcohol buzz it does seem to multiply the weed effects.

when i was a habitual smoker, i couldn't eat without it. as in no appetite whatsoever, and if i tried i would actually end up nauseous.

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I think I get that too. I just feel full and not hungry when I'm not smoking. Give me a smoke and 10mins later I'm out of cashews hehe.