Hey Tea Lovers

Discussion in 'Beverages' started by 73h_6r347_0n3, Mar 26, 2012.

1. 73h_6r347_0n3

73h_6r347_0n3 Member

I love Tea, I usually have black or Green tea but i love to make my own herbal teas, my favorite is a mix of Valerian root and camomile, i use for sleepy time works great.

2. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

WOOOOOO nother tea lover here mate O: if anyone hasnt tried white tea then youre seriously missing out on the best thing ever! once you try it itll be the only tea you ever drink again!

3. slappysquirrel

slappysquirrel Senior Member

i've tried white,black,green, and red tea. not so big into herbal teas. you could even try tea w/ kava root in it. kava tastes like dirt but it makes you super relaxed. my personall fave is still green tea, sometimes lemon tea(black w/ lemon).

COFFEE SUCKS!!!

4. 73h_6r347_0n3

73h_6r347_0n3 Member

recently i have been trying out of the norm teas, such as, damiana, boldo (which made me have too pee all day, probably great for system cleansing) my long lasting favorite is still Mediterranean sage.

5. andrew45

andrew45 Member

my wife drink everytime she eat breakfast dinner etc . always . EVEN IN SUMMER . HOT BLACK TEA. she is russian .

6. Delta 9 The Psychonaut

Delta 9 The Psychonaut Member

Awww yeah. Good call! I love tea; black or oolong in the morning and herbal at night, I'll drink pretty much any variety during the day though. :2thumbsup:

7. Black_Books

Black_Books Member

I'm a bit of a tea snob. I buy through Adagio teas and I tend towards green or oolong. Ti Kuan Yin and Gunpowder tea are my two favorites. I don't usually like black teas, but the closest I come is Earl Grey tea. Adagio has a lovely Earl Grey.

-BlkBks

8. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

sweet site !
    the master teas are awesome, i want to try the yunnan golden curls so bad :D

9. Black_Books

Black_Books Member

Haven't had Golden Curls.
    I've had the Yunnan Noir. It has a very earthy tobacco doughy taste. Not bad for a black tea. Definitely one of my favorites.

-BlkBks

10. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

I like fennel tea

11. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I like herbal tea. I'm lazy so I usually buy blends but I have a good herb garden this year so I think ill make my own tea soon.

I usually stay sick in the winter but this year I've been drinking 2 cups of green tea a day and I haven't gotten sick at all.

12. antelope93

antelope93 Guest

i like green tea, english breakfast tea, chamomile tea, and peach tea...

13. 73h_6r347_0n3

73h_6r347_0n3 Member

love the Gunpowder tea, haven't had it for a coulpe years though, got to go get it now. lol:2thumbsup:

14. Rosehippy

Rosehippy Banned

I'm a tea lover, all sorts of tea, until lately an article i read said all the antioxidant stuff they go on with is not a reality and it has high levels of flouride. Concerning levels of the toxic stuff. Can't remember where i read it sorry. Im more into the herbals now. Spearmint and chamomile is delicious.

15. HeathenHippie

HeathenHippie Member

Indeed it does. Camellia sinensis (the tea shrub) has the highest naturally occurring concentration of fluoride of any food source -- so it's tough as hell on your thyroid, for starters, and can cause all kinds of painful, debilitating skeletal problems, too.

Before I gave up on tea because my thyroid's in bad shape, my favorite every day tea was Yin Gau Mei, AKA Silver Fish Hook Eyebrow. I really hated giving it up. I've always been big on herb teas and am also an amateur medical herbalist so always have a lot of stuff on hand with which to make teas, but I miss the hell out of my Yin Gau Mei.

I've often thought that I could buy some and just have a cup occasionally, but I just don't have that kind of willpower.

16. Black_Books

Black_Books Member

Never forget, though. The difference between a cure and a poison is almost always dosage. Fluoride is also in some tap water.

17. HeathenHippie

HeathenHippie Member

But fluoride is not a cure for anything, so the difference between fluoride and a poison is nil. In fact, when it comes to childhood cavity prevention (which is the sole reason for dumping the toxic shit into our drinking water) iodine is a far superior cure. And, unlike sodium fluoride, iodine also prevents cavities in adult teeth. In older people, where fluoride causes brittle bones, iodine causes stronger, more break-resistant bones. Further, sodium fluoride is implicated in atherosclerosis, while iodine is preventive of it.

Fluoride serves no vital purpose in the human body, where it is a toxin. Iodine, on the other hand, serves many purposes in the human body where it is an essential nutrient.

18. Black_Books

Black_Books Member

I don't recall, and honestly I believe it would protrude from my memory like a human finger sticking out of my KFC mashed-potatoes, there being any definitive literature supporting the massive horrible holocaust-esque deaths imminently caused to the daily consumption of tea.

One would think as well, after about two-thousand years of drinking this, the most famously popular beverage in the world, there would be significant findings of it as a threat.

Especially since the little fluoride that isn't stored in the bones and teeth(which frankly has to coincide with specific metabolic functions as well as being rare in occurence) is excreted.

-BlkBks

19. HeathenHippie

HeathenHippie Member

I don't recall stating that drinking tea was going to lead to the extinction of our species. :)

There's plenty of literature about the detrimental effects of fluoride (fluorosis), that Camellia sinensis is the food source with the greatest concentrations of it, and documenting an increase in that concentration in Camellia sinensis in the last couple of decades. The WHO reports that fluorosis is a problem in many parts of India and other Asian nations, parts of Africa, and parts of the Middle East. Most often it's mild, but in some parts of the world it's more commonly debilitating, especially in children. And there's no cure for it, though affected people who then take care to avoid fluoride do improve somewhat.

Probably quite a lot more than you want to know about fluoride can be obtained here from an unbiased source, the International Programme on Chemical Safety's INCHEM site.

20. Black_Books

Black_Books Member

Most of this I know, being a Horticulture Major. As for the toxicity of fluoride and the complications caused by it, I would like to remind everyone it is also comparatively easier to OD on Vitamins, which are essential nutrients for existing as a human being rather than tea, even with its deadly "toxins." Once again, I repeat that dosage is indeed the difference between a poison and a cure.

THAT, is what is known as perspective. If one were to drink that much of anything, you would, of course, become physically ill.

Also I would like to point out that health is the single most uncertain science in Human existence, with the possible exception of, say, Paranormal studies. There are a dozen fads in Health. Is coffee good for you, or milk, or chocolate, or vitamins? Every single Yahoo article or University study seems to change the majority opinion on health and why not? These staggering number of studies published about Health do not reflect our knowledge of the subject, but rather our uncertainty. When Health is involved there is a justifiable panic and concern. Even this discussion is a paragon of mortal dread, fearing that we may actually be relying on something that is doing us bodily harm. Surely there are no people out there to make use of this information in an ethically dishonest way, simply publishing papers based on surface facts and premature study-work?

-BlkBks