Hedgehogs?

Discussion in 'Pets and Animals' started by Fueled by Coffee, Oct 29, 2017.

1. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I'm considering buying a hedgehog. Anyone have experience with these things? Are they high maintenance? What is the budget like for taking care of a hedgehog?

Any good or bad experiences with one of these things?

2. morrow

morrow Visitor

I've just spent the weekend at my daughter's, she has a lot of animals, one being a pigmy hedgehog.. cute little thing. But what's the point?
    Doesn't seem high maintenance, but my word, a tiny poop, with a gigantic smell!
    You can't exactly sit and cuddle without a cover, personally, nope..

3. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I had a chinchilla. I don't know how similar that is. But it was a cool little pet until my parents had to take over watching it while I was away one time and ended up selling it and giving me the money. She was cool but she chewed on everything if you let her out of the cage for any decent amount of time. Peeing was only an issue at the get go. From there it was pretty much under control. Poo... not so much. You would find it places if you weren't careful. It would be in the corner somewhere she had been. I don't know. I think with a small animal like that it isn't so much the cost of the food and cage fluff as much as it is the other stuff that gets chewed on. :) Cool pet idea!