Guitarists/bassist....what Does Your Rig Look Like? Technical Issues?

Discussion in 'Musicians' started by Wizardofodd, Dec 20, 2014.

1. Brad Scott

Brad Scott Members

I stll own my first Marshall amp, I got it at a pawn shop for $200 and thought I was being totally ripped of. Withing six months we--myself and the other guitarist who shared it had enough back on that investment from live gigs and our first recording sessions that we got all new grar--

for free this time as long asw we put it in a video. I left that first amp at home on dads garage and jst this year got it back with smoother vintage equipment.

2. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

Yup. It does a lot. I haven't even figured it all out yet but I haven't been messing with it much lately. Just been playing gigs with my regular effects. I've been back to a pretty clean sound lately. I think I used my Blues driver once or twice last night and my Phaser on a couple of songs. I'm going to work with the synth more before gigging with it again. I'm definitely planning on using it when we get back in the recording studio in March though.

3. Brad Scott

Brad Scott Members

If you want a really sweet setup and don't care how much people say about it start with a Beringer 2442fx UBB mixing board and a 3000 to 6000 watt power amp with 1000 or 2000wt passive cabnets. Any compresor/expanser/limiter/de esser works well ith that and Beringer also makes a nic 31 band stero graphic equalizer.

The cool thing about a 12 track board is that it is really 12 amps-for guitars, bass, sysnth keybosrs, and mics. --check it out but be sure you have an electronic guy on hand. The capacitors and smoother components are cheep and will blow--I got 5 years of heavy use before the did in mine and it cost $75 to fix. The board is about $400 new.

4. Brad Scott

Brad Scott Members

I've found that a good electrition/gear fix-it guy is as important if not more so than a good sound engineer. Depending on the venue I can always play guitar synth/piano vocals and do the mix too-or atleat coach someone through it for a night :D I have great gear guy right now-want his no. ??? ;)

5. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

Talking guitar rigs Brad, not P.A's

6. volunteer_tommy

volunteer_tommy Elongated Member

If I had to worry about P.A.s too I'd have an aneurysm, lol. Thanks for the tip, though, I'll probably need it at some point or another

7. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

We have a few PAs now including our "new" one which is actually some fancy vintage one. I haven't been much of a part of setting that one up yet. I know the other ones though. I'm more than happy to let more knowledgeable people deal with that stuff.

8. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

I'd play through that... As a guitar rig. [​IMG] :guitarist: :punk:

9. deleted

deleted Visitor

I use to run a Peavey PA as an amphead ..

10. Gongshaman

In what stadium? lol

11. Tyrsonswood

Back in the day all Peavey amps were the same except for the pre-amp section... We used to swap parts around, plug and play.

12. Tyrsonswood

I was thinking open mic night at some quaint little bar in Texas.

1 person likes this.
  13. Gongshaman

lol, they like everything big in Texas!

1 person likes this.
  14. Tyrsonswood

Though this was funny...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-EQoQlRPPY

15. Gongshaman

I played through an old Peavey guitar head for years, even for a while when I first started gigging. The thing had cloth wrapped wires, the repair guy swore it must have been wired by Hartley Peavey himself in his garage! lol

16. deleted

deleted Visitor

it would get loud and rocking and the coils shaking ... oh cool star wars .... :D

17. Gongshaman

LOL! yeah I could really hear those 6L6's sing... >j<...

18. briezie13

briezie13 Members

Greetings fellow musicians, my gear consists of one tc electronic b250 115 for practice. For work, I use an Aguilar hammertone , paired with a Hartke 4x10 cab. Both equipped with xlr outputs, in case i want to run direct.My basses , both work horses, are Ibanez and Gibson EB3.