Ghost Dreams

Discussion in 'Dreams' started by makihiko, Jun 6, 2017.

1. makihiko

makihiko Official hippie since 2005

when people die, I often have dreams about them, like messages from them, trying to tell me to do things, or find things.

I never used to take it seriously, but after a few deaths, and a few dreams, I started talking to people about them.

The only person who has taken me seriously is my mum, what are your thoughts?

2. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I, too, have had a number of dreams about people that have died. Some of them I barely knew and only read about their deaths in the newspaper or on FB.

It never occurred to me NOT to pay attention to these dreams, although I must say I've never felt led to talk to people in general about these dreams. good grief I may be crazy (the verdict is still out) but damn if I'm interested in telling people something that personal. I've told my bff about those dreams, of course, and she is always interested in hearing what I've seen or heard.

...but what in the world would make you want to talk to "people" about this? lol

Of course you are going to have lots of people that tell you your dreams come from your subconscious and then whatever you are asked to do etc in these dreams is what you are wanting to do, or really subconsciously think you should do. <---------- to that line of thought I say whatevs, and the next time they have a vivid dream of someone that has passed away and then talked to you and telling you stuff, then get back back to me. ;)

I would try to find or do whatever was asked of me.

Some of the people I have had dreams about are sort of confused, as if they don't really know or understand why they are in my dream or "not in the world"...So far, I've been "lucky" in that there will be other passed away people in those dreams that I will direct the new-comer to for explanation, and I'm not kidding.

3. I believe all times and places are one. When you dream of someone, that dream cannot be completely distinct from them, because if they hadn't existed you wouldn't even know of them to dream. So I feel that the spirit lives on in each of us and communicates with us the essence of their truth.

4. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I've had similar dreams, but they were all strangers whom I later find out were dead. I usually dream of them when I visit the site of their deaths (unbeknownst to me at the time). Not sure what to make of it, so I don't make much of it.

5. makihiko

makihiko Official hippie since 2005

That's pretty much the point where I am at now. I don't really know what to do with these dreams, besides see them happen, most of the things that they want me to do are beyond what I can actually do. I have talked to the people who were close to the deceased, and it never went anywhere.

6. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i wouldn't trust anyone in a dream telling me person to person to do anything.
    that's where people wake up having done really bad things with no idea why in hell they did them.

living people want people to do really horrible things so they can use them as an excuse for doing horrible things themselves.
    that is what is called right-wing politics.

there are lots of things in the waking world that can trigger things in our dreams
    not usually by intent, but it happens, same goes for social attitudes and perspectives.

a lot of what people see in their dreams comes from what they've been taught to expect,
    often with no real basis then popular or familiar bias.

of course, if you meet your spirit guides in you dreams, that's a slightly different thing
    i'd just be, well i am, really paranoid of anything suggesting i do something that might get me into any kind of trouble,
    you know, unless it was trouble i would be proud to accept to contribute to something important i believe in.

still nothing that involves targets of opportunity though.

looking for things seems harmless enough,
    i'd ask these people in these dreams if they took me seriously though.

7. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

When you are asleep you don't question things like you would when awake. You are in between the worlds a bit more and easier to contact. But keep in mind that spirits play tricks too. It's not always who you want it to be. The same thing happens with the Ouija board. Usually with that it's not who they say it is.

8. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Well, that is the time to wake up and say NO WAY! :D

which i did today,.....nothing doing. I jumped out of bed. that was that.

9. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

Had a dream Last night /this morning there was a cat in it that didnt want to leave the house ( not my cat ) finally managed to chuck it out the door lots of scratching , When I heard a noise in the other room !
    It was this guy ekky Ball , dont know how he got in but he said " Hi mall long time no see " I just said " Dont fuck me about Ekky What do you want " he has been dead at least ten years !
    Woke up right then feeling really strange and have been thinking about it most of today

10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

actually i do question things inside my dreams. its not quite the same as awake by any means. but yes, i can and do.

there are senses in dreams where you can recognize places and even beings even when the have different appearances.
    often better then i can recognize people in waking life, even when their appearance hasn't changed.

someone being alive in one parallel universe and dead in another, isn't that big of a thing.
    i mean they're not the same person exactly. though even that isn't a has to be.

your own parallel in other universes isn't the same you. just the you you would be if you'd had their experiences.

well there are exceptions to anything, especially if we can imagine them.

now things in each world have their own kind of life.

i certainly don't win every dreamshaping contest in my dreams,
    but i may perhaps experience them a bit differently then most humans tend to describe.

there are certainly paradoxes i would not begin to claim to be able to explain,
    but they're not anything like how people learn to think about them from what they think they know.

the way you interact with things, mally's example is a good one,
    isn't the same as awake,
    but it isn't any more nor less absolute either.

there is one simple problem with anything we say though,
    and that is that nothing is bound by it,
    even our own selves.