Gender Roles

Discussion in 'Conscious Bible' started by deanstar, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Right.

1 person likes this.
  2. themnax

themnax Senior Member

gender roles, ALL gender roles, male or female, streight or gay, are acts people put on, either because they expect to get something out of doing so, or just as often, simply because the believe other people expect them too.

i believe there is some lightening up, though with it also some polariziation, as to the degree to which, people expect them of each other.

the less people expect each other to be cast into a mold, because of whatever they were born with between their legs, the better.

2 people like this.
  3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I have seen people ask that 'essential' question all my life and once asked it myself too. I don't see it as THE question that concludes there isn't such a god at all (like many people seem to connect to this). When you think about it what do you expect life to be if God would correct our self chosen errors. I don't think we would learn and appreciate shit. Everything would be bliss because God cares so much for us that when some of us fuck up (like in a war) He would simply throw some lightning on the bad rascals. Yeah. What's the point of having free choice in life. To fuck things up and learn from it.

3 people like this.
  4. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Topic unfollowed.

1 person likes this.
  5. Asmodean

In the same way God doesn't correct chauvinistic people. Circle is round, we're on topic again :D

1 person likes this.
  6. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Gender roles are pretty much something of a bygone era.

1 person likes this.
  7. Asmodean

Maybe where we are it will be but I'm not sure we lost them completely at all, and they're definitely still very important in other parts of the world.

8. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I tend to think that each partner should do whatever they are best suited for in any given relationship. If it happens that the wife enjoys cooking and keeping the home, so be it. If a husband is good at raising children and the woman has a powerful career that she loves, both parties should feel free to do what they are passionate about. It's foolish to force someone into a role they don't enjoy, based merely on gender. If denied your passion in life, you are denied fulfillment and meaning, which can lead to resentment of the other party and of the marriage. Would you rather be cooked a meal by a mother who hates cooking and does it because she feels she has to? Or by a father who prepares meals with love and joy? People who do things they are good at will do them better, work harder, and achieve more, whatever that talent may be. Gender irrelevant.

5 people like this.