Gender Roles

Discussion in 'Conscious Bible' started by deanstar, Aug 26, 2014.

1. deleted

deleted Visitor

behind every successful rancher is a wife that works in town..

another good western quote is.

a closed mouth gathers no boots. < keep that in mind dean.. ;)

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

"a closed mouth gathers no boots. "

^^^ This

1 person likes this.
  3. RubySoho6

RubySoho6 Organized Chaos

He spouts this stuff every night in the chat room. He seems fully committed to these ideas.

4. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Here's what I think:

I think that if there was a god that gave a flying shit about how we do things, surely he'd put a stop it.

I want to ask the people who believe god cares about every detail of their own person lives; the people who pray for god to heal their childs common cold; the people who pray to god to not let it rain on their wedding day; the ones that pray to god to get a good job; etc. etc. ad nauseam...

You believe god hears you. You believe he cares about every ones daily details.

You believe he answers your prayers when the cold runs its course, when the sun shines, and when you are hired for a job you appear to be qualified for.

If god is so concerned; if god gave a flying shit about "alternative lifestyles"; if he really, really hated gay people, etc., don't you think he could stop it all?

I do.

I think that if god can stop rain on your wedding day because he cares, he could "straighten" us all up.

Bottom line - Your all powerful god must not see anything wrong with how we choose to love and live.

5. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

^
    I thought it was because He gave us free will. What would that mean if God would come and intervene all the time :p

Gods:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:D

6. Asmodean

Oh well, there are some very dedicated trolls ;) He could believe all he says (afterall I haven't watch him in the chatroom and not planning to, so I dunno about that) but I don't take him very serious with topics like this. It's all in the way how he responds to other people. It gives away he's in it to provoke and not really expressing his thoughts or sincerely discussing them or those of others.

1 person likes this.
  7. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

I think god is always in the details but that sometimes we lack sufficient detail. Revulsion is a vague reaction so you think god must have given it to him or you but in fact taboo is culturally instilled.
    Emotional reactions are added value and depend on what you consider sound investments.

1 person likes this.
  8. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

Could be naive about the effects of his own thinking having not yet considered via a broader sampling of the world.

9. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

What a basic and overly-simplified way to look at things (and God and religious people). It is so basic that I am actually astonished.
    I typed a really long response, but there is no point.
    Peace out.

10. Asmodean

The bottom line of Aerianne's post seems a lttle oversimplified (if i understand her correctly): because God is all powerful and not intervening in our daily lifes God is ok with everything we do. This is still a valid thought of course, but personally I don't see why that is certain or convincing. Just because we are free/granted the right to make bad life decisions does not mean our Creator approves all of it.

:( That is too bad. I hope you change your mind and rewrite it.

11. Aerianne

Oh, I don't know.

You'd have to ask followers of that god.

12. Aerianne

I mean seriously, if people living "alternative lifestyles" is worrying the shit out of people, lots of people, wouldn't god take up that cause?

Wouldn't god care as much, or maybe even more, about the gay people aggravating you as he does about rain on your special day?

13. Ranger

Ranger Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

"Free Will", have you dealt with Thieves Guild errrr a lawyer of late? Ain't no free lunch!

14. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

I think it's silly that God would care about gay people who love each other. BUT I also think it's silly when people pray for things like... not to have rain on their wedding day or other simple things that don't really matter. The best way to pray, imo, and all I ever state is my opinions so of course it's mine, is for the ability and strength to be able to deal with things and the peace of mind regardless of circumstances. My point is I think it's wrong to relie on God to change circumstances- it's one thing to ask for a cure for a deadly illness... it's another thing to call upon God with all the details of one's daily life. That is a selfish way to live and I doubt any God would appreciate that. You pray for traits that you wish God to install upon you... like being loving and full of pure and for strength.

But in any case, I'm not sure what my point is ...other than when reading your posts on this it is something that stuck out in my head that I felt I had to say. Haha.

1 person likes this.
  15. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

^ everyone knows that.

Religious people mostly aren't idiots who seriously pray for silly things like good weather on a special day.

16. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

That was part of my point. I don't always make my point clear- not from lack of trying but my point was that many people who believe in a God and pray don't pray for either one of those silly things mentioned.

17. Aerianne

Then you would be surprised how many of them do around here. I see prayers for things like I mentioned all the time on facebook from neighbors and friends of my kids. My friends don't.

18. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

I've run into a good bit of both types of people. :)

I feel the first sort (like you described) don't really know what they're talking about. ;)

19. deleted

deleted Visitor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kafVkPxjLYg

:crowngrin:

20. neodude1212

neodude1212 Senior Member

There is a Freudian explanation. You just have to understand the psychology of his decision to create a thread like this.
    He is not just trolling. If provocation was his only agenda, he would create a thread like this on a feminist forum. There are plenty of better places to troll with a thread like this.
    He sincerely believes his philosophy with his heart, but he has recognized its injustice with his mind. This creates within him a state of cognitive dissonance.
    He states his philosophy and callously disregards the objective of defending it because in earnest he is seeking its criticism. So in that sense you are right, he is seeking provocation, but not for its own sake. He wants the responses that he is getting because they serve as a destructive force to further combat the philosophy in his heart that he knows is wrong. He is purging himself by the flame. You could consider it a form of self-imposed exorcism. His gender-role philosophy is the sickness, and we are the cure.

Her essential question is why does an omnipotent, omnipresent god not stop the things that he says he despises.
    It seems like a perfectly valid observation to me. You might be astonished, but not for the reasons you stated.

2 people like this.