Gender Roles

Discussion in 'Conscious Bible' started by deanstar, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

Oooh yea, I forget women aren't allowed to work ;)

2. RubySoho6

RubySoho6 Organized Chaos

No time to work because they are sitting in their kids classrooms all day on top of taking care of the home.

1 person likes this.
  3. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Oh my God. At first I was thinking "yes I agree..males and females are different and have different roles" (when you were talking about breastfeeding and stuff) but then.... you BEYOND lost me.... when you started saying that the women's role is to listen to the man and the man's role to control the house and the woman needs to do stuff for the man and make things easier for him and blah blah blah.

Let me tell you. I've been married for 11 years and I do stay at home with the kids right now and I LOVE it. It works for us and yes, I do try to help make things easier for my husband when he's working a lot. But I don't do that because he is the man. I do that because ...well, he helps me out too. I'm ready to have a baby in a couple weeks. I take care of our 3 year old. Moving around gets hard for me now. My husband also does things to help me so I can rest sometimes with my pregnancy just like I pack his lunches and make his coffee before he goes to work. We don't do those things because we are male or female though....we just do those things because we love each other and we're a family and that's what families and people who love each other do- give and take. Help each other out.

I don't see anything wrong with families where the guy decides to stay home and the woman work. Or both work. Different things work for different people.

3 people like this.
  4. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

LOL.....

you are ridiculous.

3 people like this.
  5. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

You really do belong in some other century. The dark ages works for me or at least some time before 1900. I really can't picture any woman or man who would put up with your ideas. Perhaps you have ideas of becoming a priest.

4 people like this.
  6. deanstar

deanstar Members

This is the thing that will turn you on your head. I belong in the future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt_7jaX8CsY

7. RubySoho6

Oh jesus Christ not this whole "time traveler" thing again. The fact that you can type a few words into the search box on youtube doesn't prove you are a time traveler. You're not posting videos from the future. Give it up dude.

1 person likes this.
  8. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. deanstar

deanstar Members

What are you talking about. I never said I was posting video's from the future LOL. Where would you get an idea like that.

10. deanstar

deanstar Members

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaJTcnLeZXw

11. deanstar

deanstar Members

rubes help help us lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCCTUaTCWFg

2 people like this.
  12. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

13. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Lame.

14. Asmodean

He's not entirely serious so yeah, trollish.

15. Ranger

Ranger Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

What are these 'scriptures' you refer to? Are you speaking of the Talmud (the Jewish equivalent of the Old Testament), the Book of Mormon, the Holy Scriptures of Islam, or what? So far I don't see you citing the words of Christ. (btw those are the words in red letters in the New Testament unless you can read Aramaic).....

16. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

If you say so.

17. RubySoho6

I think he really does believe these fucked up things he says but I also thinks he gets off on the attention (of any kind) that he gets for it which just makes him a a really confused, messed up troll.

18. Asmodean

What makes you think so?

19. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

I honestly can't tell if this is some troll or really just some strongly confused soul, thoughts?

20. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

There is one teaching on gender roles.
    "Not all men can accept this statement, but only those to whom it has been given.

"For there are eunuchs who were born that way from their mother's womb; and there are eunuchs who were made eunuchs by men; and there are also eunuchs who made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. He who is able to accept this, let him accept it."

Eunuch is understood not as a castrated individual but in the original Greek sense of the word meaning bed keeper. The bed keeper is in charge the the bed chamber in palaces or larger houses.