ganje or alcohol?

Discussion in 'Cannabis Activism' started by ledzeppelinlover, Aug 19, 2006.

1. ledzeppelinlover

ledzeppelinlover Member

Just a question but wouldn't you think that smoking a joint is better than drinking a lot of alcohol. personally i do, give me your thoughts on which is better, for your safety in a sense of speaking.

2. rangerdanger

rangerdanger Senior Member

Alcohol is a deadly addictive drug; pot is neither.
    Alcohol makes you vomit and want to shoot people, pot does neither.
    Alcohol makes you do stupid stuff like get into bar fights; pot doesn't.

3. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

I chose alcohol, but this has been done before and I'll say what I said the last time this thread was made, you're asking people in a pot forum what they like better, what do you think is gonna win?

4. flameintoabyss

flameintoabyss Member

yep id hands down go with the ganj.. you just cant go wrong

5. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

Weed IS an adictive drug. yet the addiction is only felt by some not all users.

propaganda is bullshit no matter which side it is comming from.

6. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

A story:

Three guys were walking through the wilderness (yep, its that kind of story)
    There was a drunk, an acid freak and a pothead.

Late one night, they came to a city surrounded by a tall wall that had a single door. On the door was a sign that said, "This gate closes at sunset and opens at sunrise."

They were tired and cold and discussed how to get into the city.

The drunk said, "Let's batter down the door."
    The acid freak said, "No, let's just float in through the keyhole."
    The pothead asked, "Why don't we just sit down and wait till dawn?"

Other than the effects of smoke in the lungs, pot is much healthier for you than alcohol.

7. borat

borat Member

i like to combine the two... but weed's definitely better. I can smoke every day and be just fine, a bit tired and unfocused maybe, but if I drank everyday (to the point of intoxication) i'd become a real mess real soon.

8. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Well.....maybe not bar fights, but there was a "stupid things I did while high" thread a while back. It was a good long thread.

9. smokindude

smokindude Senior Member

disregard this post.

10. smokindude

smokindude Senior Member

Ive smoked ALOT of weed in my 1 and a half years of smoking, and I feel better than ever. I believe Weed is seriously like a magical herb givin to man by God. Think about it, marijuana hasnt killed 1 man. Marijuana isnt addictive. Marijuana makes you feel good. Marijuana is used for many purposes such as insomnia, eating disorders, etc. Marijuana calms the angry man down. If marijuana doesnt make you so lazy to the point you dont work and support yourself, marijuana is 100% harmless. The goverment doesnt know what its doing by making it illegal. FREE THE HERB!

11. brandydawn

brandydawn Member

Yes marijuana is a dangerously addictive drug - but not in the physical sense. It is more of a psycological/habitatial addiction.

You will not begin to accept this until you've passed the 10yr period of being a very regular smoker.

Having smoked cigarretes and pot (pretty much daily) for over twenty years, I can most definitely say the cigarettes were much easier to give away. A year back i gave up the ciggies, still haven't managed with the other one. The "better" you become at smoking, the more you convince yourself that you are in control.

And as far as helping with insomnia and eating disorders, yes, perhaps, if its not a part of your everyday lifestyle. However,the more years you smoke, the more it has the opposite effects.

And yeah, I do beleive I would smoke each and every one of you guys under the table, lol.

12. Fallen_stars

Fallen_stars Member

This is true but in a certain manner every thing is addictive. I mean, the problem of addiction to everything is very much linkable to individual's problems, social or biologic than to the substance itself....So yes pot is addictive but not more than brownies or video games...

sorry for my english is not very good but I try to get better, at least ;)..

13. MrHighCharli3

MrHighCharli3 Member

weed is not addictive. people just wanna get high all the time

14. rob1134

rob1134 Member

yea like, i say for some people things like chapstick or hand lotion are more addicting than weed. or things like the computer, or working. shit, anything can be addictive.

15. OstrOsized

OstrOsized Member

I agree, in a sense, with this cause I've seen it and felt it before, but, like an above poster said, it's just like if you play video games a lot and decide to quit completely. Because basically it's your routine and habit to do it, and when you suddenly stop you can be really bored and don't know what to do with your day, which possibley might make you slightly depressed for a little bit.

Of course just don't make it a habit and I don't see this happening, hehe.

16. brandydawn

brandydawn Member

You hit the nail on the head there. Dont make it a habit, and it wont become one. Just like any vice that people fall on. Its the routine of using that creates the problem -psychological/habitatual. Having a very busy work and family life, for me personally, the boredom factor isn't an issue, its more the "routine".
    You've got a fantastic attitude to smoking. Just remember, years down the track, the smart words you speak today. I wish I had been equally as wise toward smoko when I was younger.

17. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

Oh how young you are.

18. ILoveHose-n-Pumps

ILoveHose-n-Pumps Member

Why would anyone wanna alter their senses by diminishing them. The # 1 reason might be because somone might not like the way they feel :( . I chose Herb over alcohol anyday. Herb seems to make the senses sharper and I prefer that to bein in a drunken stupor. Id rather use alcohol for a solvent than a drug. There ya go! Alcohols great for gettin the psilocybin out of the mushroom and the trichs off the herb but dont drink it :) !

19. medicalbud

medicalbud Member

I am 35 been doing both since early teens and cigarettes are physical where pot is metal.

You are in a very small group that had no trouble stopping cigarettes.

A half a million a year DIE because they cant stop.

I stopped Pot 3 years not physical was easy.

Pot is addictive no doubt but its not physical that why most dont steal to get more pot like most harder drugs users when they run out.

Trust me, I would try to steal a pack of cigarettes before pot because its such a physical addiction. Yet if out of pot I would be like "shit I want to get stone" but not crawling up a wall for cigarettes after just 3hrs of none.

cigarettes and booze are physical but pot is metal big difference trust me.

As for me I dont ever drink but smoke some where in the 4-6 8th a month of pot.

I dont like booze taste, smell, high, side effects like a highover, addtiction life style.

I love pot for all of thoses.

20. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

For me, you cant have one without the other. If Im smoking and I dont have a beer, I smoke too much. If Im drinking and I dont have some herbs, I drink too much.