For Those Who Think Jesus Is God

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by thefutureawaits, Jul 7, 2017.

1. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

ps, Lorna, hope Skip don't see this as the only area you can quote scripture is the "Sanctuary" and Skip ain't too keen on people blathering on about the Bible and Christianity the way you have been lately.
    hopefully you won't get a perma-ban.

1 person likes this.
  2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I just going poke my nose in here and say I don't care what any y'all are saying or believe, but IMO Jesus isn't God because that's why he's Jesus... and not God. If he God we just say that, yeah? But he Jesus, not God.

:)

1 person likes this.
  3. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

Truly, it's only logical, also scriptural.

4. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

To many Christians the idea of 'knowing' isn't really on the agenda. It's all about 'belief' and 'faith' for most. Only a handful of mystics who claim to know.

1 person likes this.
  5. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

There is a lot of stuff in Christian dogma that isn't in the Bible.

The New Testament is the life and times of Jesus Christ; not the blueprint for the manmade religion set up in his name hundreds of years after his death.

6. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

You are correct! There have been many lies and men have twisted the Scriptures to their own liking.

7. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

And just because I'm not baptize doesn't mean that I don't go to the meetings every week and study every day and read the Bible every day

8. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

I am working towards baptism it's a process

9. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Time to settle down please.

Back on topic or the thread gets closed.

10. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

On topic: from my pov Jesus is not God, and neither the son of God. Well he is in some way: as humans are all children of god and he was human too.

Nice try.

None of my posts were deleted, so I guess I wasn't the one who crossed the line.

11. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

Well 95% of Christianity believes that Jesus is God and that is incorrect according to the Scriptures

12. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Don't feel to confident, I got tired cleaning up this train wreck...I should just close it.

13. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Yes i was too soon :D And yeah can't blame you.

14. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

Sorry about that

15. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

well I pulled from Wiki because it is a fast and convenient resource with links to most source materiel used in the article.
    I knew abnout the JW stance regarding Jesus for decades, but doubted you did and Wiki is a good resource and YOU can go and research it further if you like.
    What I find sad and disheartening in all of this is that even when presented with info from your own church that is counter what you post concerning your beliefs, you still seem to want to ardently hold to it rather than consider the possibility that they and your could be wrong.
    That is the big difference between you and I and why I question if you educable in this topic.
    Whenever I am presented with such things, it causes me to re-evaluate my position, study, research and consider opposing views, something you have yet to demonstrate a propensity for in these forums.
    As Asmo noted, you are not singled out and "persecuted" for your beliefs, but rather your communications here and they manner in which you present this stuff.

FYI, if Skip were to see this thread it would probably go bye-bye as well as you as you are in clear violation of the rules the site owner laid out;
    https://www.hipforums.com/forum/topic/217434-new-rules/
    https://www.hipforums.com/forum/topic/222163-welcome-to-sanctuary/

so all the stuff you posted regarding these rules is silly.
    You might do well to read over all the site guidelines before you are asked to leave permanently, I know Skip has little patience for proselytizing a religious viewpoint, whether you agree or not, the man does pay the bill's for the site and has the final word on what transpires here.
    tread lightly or find another outlet.
    said with the intent of you staying here.

16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

If it was god we'd call him Jehova, not Jesus so I don't see the argument. It's Jesus.

17. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

I quit. I am ✅ done.

18. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

his actual name Yeshua, Jesus is the Greek interpretation.

and Gods original name in Hebrew YHWh (pronounced yaway)
    and in reality the Hebrews felt that's Gods name was/is not able to be pronounced/spoken

if you want to be accurate and concise.

19. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

20. Why can't God be named Jesus? I think it'd be kind of cute if God wanted a little name just like everyone else.