Father issues

Discussion in 'Men's Issues' started by MattInVegas, Dec 25, 2004.

1. Jharyn

Jharyn Banned

Yes. The system works but it is still too rare. What I've found so disheartening is that the majority of judges who make the decisions are male.
    I've been to family court too many times. Her father got lucky. That is all. Just pure luck. Believe me, mommy has already spoken to an attorny. This is anything but over.

2. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

i think the justice system only worked in this instance because EVERYONE was paying attention and there wasn't anything her attorney's could do to hide the fact that she'd lost her mind. no amount of money can hide crazy. however, my ex sister in law still has custody of my niece. the mom's a hard core anorexic, weighs 80 pounds (she's 5'7") and passed out while driving her daughter to school and wrecked. but did my brother get custody? fuck no. though i sometimes wonder if he wants her, because when he picks her up for the weekend he just drops her off at my mom's house and goes and does something else. two selfish parents. that poor little girl is the saddest thing i've ever seen. my brother loves her, he just has no idea how to be a father. ours was never around to teach him.

3. MattInVegas

MattInVegas John Denver Mega-Fan

I think I owe her an apology! Since it has come to light her manager was a Gepetto wannabe puppeteer. Or so the news reports.
    But the point remains. Men in the USA get the shaft in our legal system.

4. Mellow Yellow

Mellow Yellow Electrical Banana

Unfortunately, you're probably right, she'll go to rehab and then she'll get custody...till she fucks up again...

5. secret_agent_amanda

secret_agent_amanda Member

My husband wants to adopt my two boys from a previous marriage. My ex-husband hasn't seen them or ever paid child support. My husband is a good father to them, even though they aren't his biologically. I mean, he has all of the responsibilities of a father, shouldn't he have the rights too?

We'd really like to get the ball rolling on this, but we don't know how, and we can't really afford a lawyer.

6. mamaKCita

how old are your sons? my husband's dad adopted him, and he adopted his son. he's our joy. but i my case (i was 10) i chose to not be adopted. i adore my dad (stepfather), but i wanted to maintain a hold on my past. it meant a lot to me.

7. secret_agent_amanda

secret_agent_amanda Member

They are three and two.

8. mamaKCita

ahhhh. the go for it, it's prime time.

9. man11

man11 Member

shkgkhggh

10. gr00vy

gr00vy Member

Gah, I feel left out, most everyone else had good relationships with their family
    I like to call my roommates my new family though, and they are fucking awesome :grouphug: I kinda see Jack as being my dad now, and hes done a lot for me so for that im deeply greatful.

11. Wild Mountain Dave

Wild Mountain Dave Rainbow

I would really like this thread to pick up steam. This could be some high quality stuff here. I like what I have read so far and I would like to find like minded people with simialr issues as I.
    I will come back to this soon

Yes I was adopted. I have a bio father and a daddy. My dad and I for the first time ever have a relationship. I'm starting to remember why he always pissed me off but I have discovered since growing up and realizing fatherhood myself, it's not as threatening as it once was. He actually is pretty damned cool. i wanted to throttle him up the other day though. LOL

12. zenmental

zenmental Guest

I agree with what you are doing. I think we all (Fathers) should get together on a constant basis and communicate with each other about issues that are relevent to us as well as give each other moral support. I agree that some fathers can actually take care of there children better than the mothers but until men feel that they can we will remain trapped in this cycle of emasculation and femine legal control.

James Henley (AMO Leader)

Daarkk Matter www.daarkkmatter.com

:)

13. i0-techno

i0-techno The Magnificent Dope

Initial response, have not read through the whole convo yet, but initially I would say I get the exact same feeling. Whenever/if I .. and its funny I came to this post because I just had the thought of having a child for the first time with this beautiful.. well anyways have a child I would let that child grow to be whoever they wanted to be, and I feel in a most natural way, no worries at all. I also had this supreme vision of me having this child so my mother could be reborn from me even though she is still alive, it is like a divine thing and then I saw her growing and berthing me when she is ready, for infinity.

14. blinkin

blinkin Senior Member

ok so my wife left me 2 weeks after my thrid child was born. she left a big house in the country to live in a shelter in hamilton a crap hole city, my daughter was in the best school in southern ontario now shes looking at some innercity crap hole. im trying to offer her my entire pay check minus 100 bucks a week for myself, I make about 1200 a week. and the house and a car and Ill move out....yet shes trying to go on welfare, and move into a progect....

she was smoking pot during her pregnancy and then while breast feeding, she stopped even communicating to me after I started crying when my kids left again on boxing day. I didnt just keep them, I should have but I wanted to give her the benifit of teh doubt as she was saying she would take me up on my offer....now shes dead set against it and shes not talking to me, she sends me a text not to try to make contact, but then sends me 5 of six texts after saying she wants a divorce and a bunch of other shit. at this point Ive realised she has some mental issues, since she moved into the shelter Ive called the police lawyers childrens aid society ( canadas version of cps) no one will do anything for me. I cant even serve her court papers cause shes in a shelter....once she does get a lawyer shel get legal aid but since we are married they will come after my house that I woked my ass off 70 hrs a week to pay for every week. then everyone is screwed me her my kids.....

there is absolutely nothing I can do...or do you know of anything?

15. mamaKCita

why'd she leave?

16. blinkin

blinkin Senior Member

she wasnt happy.

17. alistair80

alistair80 Guest

http://www.FathersFeelings.org is an online community for dads where they can share stories of love for their kids. The website offers FREE attorney referrals, info on marriage, divorce, fathering, dads' rights and much more. Feel free to submit your article or story on fathering, marriage, divorce or any related issues. http://www.FathersFeelings.org will publish it!

18. jmt

jmt Ezekiel 25:17

19. mamaKCita

you're hijacking a thread so you can see some dumb bitch's naked pics? i approve.

20. jmt

jmt Ezekiel 25:17

shes fucking cute!
    9pics revealed by the way:D:cheers2: