Far Cry 5

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by unfocusedanakin, Apr 16, 2018.

1. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

No spoilers but the ending sucked. You invest all this time into being a good guy and helping people and I felt like none of it mattered. I play games to be a hero and it's so unsatisfying to get an ending where I am not.

Otherwise it was an awesome game. In other games you wonder if it would be so easy to find all the guns. But a game set in small town America yeah pretty good chance there are that many guns around. :grin:

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i haven't played a far cry game, and i'm not even sure what the series is about. but i do kind of like unconventional endings. you can only save the princess so many times; it's nice to get thrown a curveball every once in a while. what really matters is whether the game is fun, the ending is just a couple minutes that hopefully wraps everything up but if it's a fun game and it doesn't, oh well.

3. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I liked 4. Primal was only ok if you ask me. I didn't like it as much. then I sold my xbox one, so I won't be playing this one.

4. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

John Carmack once said that video games and XXX movies don't require any plot, but Hollywood is rapidly moving into the genre and going for a broader audience. For example, the upcoming video game "Detroit Become Human" incorporates full body motion capture and casted hundreds of actors in an open world video game. Even mindless action games are now slowly adopt plots to go with their characters and Far Cry 5 is an example of where other games like GTA are headed as a way to expand their audience as the technology continues to rapidly become cheaper.

Expanding on violent action scenes is something Hollywood has down to a science, but the ability to add ray traced lighting makes all sorts of AI outrageously easy to implement and improve upon. To a significant extent, background characters can be programmed to do simple activities and interact in more complex ways including using the cloud if necessary for verbal interactions. Already, computer generated voices are becoming indistinguishable from people, while the Japanese specialize in making them friendly. Video games people currently watch on a screen are often described as "immersive", while with virtual reality they talk about characters and objects feeling "present" and "real".

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  5. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

My friend is playing it in coöp. Seems an even greater way to play Farcry5! I'm not in a hurry though...