Eternal life

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by Mountain Valley Wolf, Mar 28, 2018.

1. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Wut

2. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Deep. man. deep. As word salads go, these are as good as it gets!

3. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

What sort of dressing would you like with your salad?

4. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Yes, believe it or not, since the Schroedinger equation it has repeatedly been established that quantum effects are metaphorical, not metaphysical, meaning fuzzy logic and systems logic are what is required, because classical logic only describes a quarter of the observable universe.

McFuddy likes this.
  5. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

See that actually made sense to me. I mean, I have no idea if it's true or not, but I got the gist of it. LOL

6. wooleeheron

Modern science has invented high tech in order to prove to themselves that the world is not black and white, and what they require is a better overall perspective. Thus far, all the leading theories indicate yin-yang dynamics, which treat time or anything, including its own logic, as a variable with no intrinsic meaning or value.

7. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

I hear you.
    So where are you on the whole after life thing?

8. wooleeheron

The dreamer and the dream are one,
    Which explains why we sleep and dream,
    Why we have an unconscious mind,
    And why Roger Penrose's theory,
    Of quantum mechanics in the brain,
    Has received its first two experimental confirmations.
    We create our own physical reality as much as it creates us,
    Explaining the laws of physics as merely the ground state or default,
    For if they were any different, none of us would be here to ask the question.
    What is fated, random, material, or spiritual is something each must determine,
    But, the yin-yang dynamics mean, they will inevitably transform into one another.
    They are context dependent and it is just as correct to say we are spirits in the material world.
    The only thing I know for certain, is the spirit of life will survive even the death of the universe.​

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  9. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Unless I'm being too literal that sounds like on some level you do think something survives after death.

10. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

My take on it is that Jesus meant 'Big life', or 'Super life', some kind of joyous acceptance of the absolute in the here and now, rather than some notion of living forever. I'm not really a Christian though. But there is some solid material in parts of the Bible.

11. wooleeheron

My own belief is a tribal version of Jung's collective unconscious survives, but whether it is anything recognizable as a human soul has yet to be established. Its all just nonsensical yin-yang dynamics past a certain point, and all that matters is what remains demonstrable. In particular, what remains demonstrable is that nothing from nothing ain't nothing, while our sense of humor is non-commutative like quantum mechanics. Death is somehow as much the source of life as life is the source of death, and it is up to us to interpret them for ourselves.

McFuddy likes this.
  12. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

It's funny how you can get to learn the mumbo-jumbo of quantum mechanics, have a conversation with someone else who has learned the mumbo-jumbo of quantum mechanics, and end up making absolutely no sense at all.

But then I didn't really make it much further that the principle of moments in physics.