Dropping completly out from the society.

Discussion in 'Camping/Outdoor Living' started by FlyingFly, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Dionysus

Dionysus Member

I feel ya man. A day doesn't go by that I don't think about packing up my gear and going wherever my feet take me....

2. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

Society is equal to your relationship to the person standing next to you.

1 person likes this.
  3. Wendego

Wendego Guest

Let's take the red pill, go to wonderland, and see how deep the rabbit hole goes.

I've been fed up with this consumerist-driven artificial environment we've created to pseudo-sustain ourselves. Those of us wanting to escape slavery need to create our own better society... a Zion of sorts.

4. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

if it was as easy to survive outside of 'society' as you seem to think it is, many more people would be doing it.

5. FlyingFly

FlyingFly Dickens

Imo most of the people just think that it is an absurd, or they don't believe in their skill, or just don't know what to expect.
    Many of them break to travelling, but not many decide to stay in place.
    ---
    Great movie by the way, 2 hours passed like a flash :) I'll try to grab a book from somewhere.

6. IndigoDreamer

IndigoDreamer Member

I've heard a lot of people doubting escape, but honestly, it's completely possible- especially with the drive and motivation us youngins have. There are many with like-minds that would be interested in leaving and creating a beautiful place all to our own. All we have to do is collaborate (and find the right place to set it up) I was thinking more towards the east coast since the winters are less brutal and it's more fertile.

7. Dionysus

Dionysus Member

Indigo Im totally w you. Im onlya few weeks away from starting my backpacking trip across the US in sarch of an off grid community! I am pumped!

8. Pink-Zeppelin

Pink-Zeppelin Member

Ive been thinking of leaving the society too, just waiting to finish high school and gather some cash then ill be on my way to freedom.

i have Spain or Mexico in mind but California seems nice.

9. Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels Member

Pink-Zeppelin:

California is beautiful! I've never been there but if I could choose a place to settle down in regardless of existing circumstances, it would be Cali.

10. fleamarketvendor

fleamarketvendor Member

With your own house at 17 you should be sitting pretty to go where ever you like. LOL!

Lessee, I recently checked and the room Uncle Sugar provided me (back in another life) in the '70's was turned into a condo and was for sale for a quarter of a million euros!

Seriously, don't give up on your dreams but remember that every old phart you run into had (and probably still has) the same dreams. Just do what you can with what you have, try to be happy and do harm to no one.

fleamarketvendor

11. Dalamar

Dalamar Member

You know a few years ago I would have cautioned someone your age not to be impulsive. My injuries have made me change my outlook on things. You never know what will happen tomorrow so you have to live for today and do what will make you happy. The only person who knows what is right for you is you. The only thing I would caution is to make sure of your skills before embarking on your journey. Life in the wild can been tough. Perhaps before droping out compleatly try living on the fringe of socity. Than gradualy got further out as your skills improve and you are confident in your surival skills. Remember he died in the end of that movie. Finally, I am sure you could find like minded people to got with. Your maybe find being alone to be the hardest part.

12. kenwilkes

kenwilkes Member

Keep a cool head mon...

13. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

hobos also usually have the most gnarly scars too... from getting stabbed.. mugged.. thrown off trains... beat up.. harassed by cops.. shot..

you're 17.. you hate life now because you're 17.. it's a teenage thing.. once you're 18.. and your parents have no restraint over you.. life is what you make it.. i was once told that hell is what you're given and heaven is what you make it.. get into either the work place immediately or go to college.. do one or the other.. don't be a bum.. if ya work hard.. by 25 you can be living a happy life.. im 30.. there's things i love about my life.. there's things i hate about my life.. i have things i can do to "get away from it all" other than drugs.. i go camping when i really need to get far away... i work a job(~140hrs a month).. that is getting tiring on me.. that pays well for what i do and it keeps enough cash in my pocket to keep a roof over my head.. clothes on my body and shoes on my feet.. stomach full.. vehicle..pay bills and spend frivolously... a good chunk of the rest of my time is away time... fishing.. hiking.. camping.. spending time with my gf.. working on the garden.. whatever i make of it... I'd like to be somewhere else right now.. but i'm waiting for the gf to finish up her nursing degree so i do what i gotta do to get by... and that's life.. things i love.. things i hate.. things i don't like.. things i like.. yin and yang

14. prohibitionfighter

prohibitionfighter Member

I wanna do this just go out and live free, but land isn't free anymore not like it was for my ancestors. I was raised by a full Italian mother and a mostly Native American father. I grew up so proud of my haritage and tryed to learn all the things they new. Now i am 23 with no job, not because i am not smart enough to handle any job you throw at me, not because i have taught myself every bit of survive training my ansetors left me to learn, not because i don't know how to build, work, farm, and survive. Purely because i got my degree in computers and for a man my age there are no jobs in computers. I know so much about Native American survivel tactics and i grew up on a farm so i know european survivel quite well also. But the world doesn't seem to want my knowledge, why, cause we think the answer is always going to be there. Well i wanna just shout out "If you don't value knowledge from the past, your futures are doomed!" but i am afraid to do it alone.

Is there anyone out there that will start shouting with me, will anyone go to that public place and start giving speeches on how they feel the world should work. Shout about the past, Shout about the present, and most importantly Shout about the Future.

They say for a man to get angry enough to shout he burns 100 times more energy then if he stayed complacent. Well i am willing to give the world that energy back if it means it will save it, so will you shout?

15. FlyingFly

FlyingFly Dickens

That was... unexpected.
    I think you can't convince most of the people by just shouting what you think is right. ( no matter if it is or not )

Theres a lot of job in IT, what did you do specifically?

And I guess there always will be some people willing to listen to you.

16. prohibitionfighter

I have my degree in management systems, which means i know how to talk in everything from HTML, Dos, Java, and Css. I have also applied at literally thousands of jobs in the last 4 years. I think the main reason i can't get a job in any of these fields is because our economy sucks right now so there are alot of 25-40 year olds applying for the same job openings. Thus most businesses would rather hire someone older the a kid like me even though a graduated with honors and got an award for being the second smartest in my class.

17. Mudwendigo

Mudwendigo Member

What the fuck? Don't listen too this bullshit advice!

I am going to tell you a story...

Easter Island is a tiny island (63.1 sq mi) in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. From the tallest hill you can see everything on the island. Once it was a lush tropical forest, filled with flora and fauna. Enough resources to sustain a population of several thousand people (15,000 at its height).

The villagers who lived there believed that dead had a symbiotic relationship with the dead. They built huge stone statues called Maoi to honour their dead so the dead would provide for living. They would cut down trees to move the maoi around. After a few generations there were no trees on the island over ten feet tall.

The islanders traditionally fished for most of their sustenance, but because of the lack of trees they couldn't build seaworthy vessels. With the collapse of the jungle ecosystem came the collapse of all their agriculture and livestock. Cannibalism became the norm.

Now imagine for a moment if you will the men who cut down the last grove of trees on the island. They must of known that these were the last ones. Were they overcome by inertia? Did they have ultimate faith that the gods of their ancestors would deliver them from their self imposed perils?

We now find ourselves in the same boat. As young men and women coming of age in the 21st century, we are faced with problems that we that no human has ever faced before. Global warming, arable farmland turning into dustbowls, exploding population and deforestation. Most people don't really realize how fucked we are.

At fault is the western global capitalistic empire. The people who are advocating assimilation and submission to the status quo are part of the problem. These people have been living in a veritable golden age of progress and prosperity. Their children and grand children will pay the price of there selfishness.

The worlds needs charismatic and driven individuals who feel the call of the wild and reject the status quo like never before. We can't work out these problems inside society because change will come too slow and we will miss our chance. Follow your heart dude.

If your interested in easter island, heres a link with a lot of good info.
    http://www.primitivism.com/easter-island.htm

18. Mudwendigo

Mudwendigo Member

I am 18 years old and I am going to go to college for a forestry technician program(2 years). I know, I sound like a hypocrite but I think going to need the knowledge and experience to truly make a difference

Besides even if all of our efforts are moot and we can't change shit, it will still be a lot of fun.

19. prohibitionfighter

We can always change shit dude, never in your life do you not have the ability to work toward changing your situation.

I am not saying the knowledge gained from education is wrong or bad. Education is a great thing, but i could teach myself most of what you would learn in any school and know it better then most students from that school. The world has changed, we are all growing in knowledge and strength.

Also Mudwindigo i wanted to say i agree with what you have said but since when does a charismatic person say it is anyones fault. The world is and always has been our responsibility, nothing anyone else does should change that belief in you. Yes a few trees may die but many more will grow, just because adaptation made a mistake doesn't mean life stops.

All things considered i think i am a pretty lucky person living in our current time, if not for the technological advancements then at least because i get to see our planet, in all its living glory, everyday. Yes it may look different and now some species don't exist but life still grows, and that is all living is about.

20. FlyingFly

FlyingFly Dickens

Lets be honest. We can't do much. Most of young people are idiots anyway. It is now fashionable to be stupid.