Does Anyone Know And Good Ground Beef Recipes?

Discussion in 'Meat' started by Ashalicious, May 12, 2015.

1. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

I bought a ton of ground beef on sale and now have a freezer full of it. Does anyone know any super tasty and amazing recipes dishes that call for ground beef? I usually make meatballs, meatloaf, chilli, or burgers, and would love some new ideas...

2. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

Hamburgers....on the grill. Cook with wood instead of charcoal. You'll probably never want to use charcoal again.

3. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Burgers.

Or throw it in a pan with anything and everything.

1 person likes this.
  4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Is that like mince meat?

When my daddy and I traveled Central Europe and Scandinavia when I was little we experimented a lot with different foods. But mainly cheap food. And mince and rice is cheap.

Have you ever had a shepherds pie? It is like mashed potato and mince mixed throughout. Well we made our own style up but instead of mashed potato we used rice. White rice. It turned brown when we mixed tomato sauce and minced meat throughout. Add melted cheese and olives while serving and honestly, I know it doesn't sound that great I guess but if you spice your mince to your liking you got yourself a decent meal right there and very filling. Plus cheap. Honestly leftovers are better the next day when the rice soaks it in.

You can also do the mashed potato instead of rice. Add peas and corn though. :)

Another idea is what I use as a hangover cure, posted it a few times here. What you want is potato cut into small cubes. Bacon diced up and fried. Sausage diced up and fried with the bacon. I mean sausage as in like, probably a "frankfurter" in America, or if they have Bratwurst etc. something with a lot of flavor, juicy inside. Yep, fry all that up together. Then add your mince to the mix. Fry all that up and get it hot. Add your spice and sauce etc. get them potato cubes and cook em until they're a fraction off from mashing up. Like soft as but still formed in a cube. That's your base. Chuck your base on the plate, then cover all the potato in your würst, mince and bacon mix. Top it off by cracking a couple of fried eggs on top. :)

Eat, digest, back into drinking again. ;)

5. secret_thinker

secret_thinker Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Meat sauce for nachos.

Brown the mince (ground beef) add a can of mashed kidney beans, a can of crushed tomatoes, a packet of taco seasoning or the spices you usually use for tacos. Simmer until thickened and then put on your nachos (corn chips with melted cheese) with lettuce, fresh tomato, avocado and sour cream.

2 people like this.
  6. FireflyInTheDark

FireflyInTheDark Sell-out with a Heart of Gold

So there is this thing called Screaming Mimi that is basically ground sausage, potato chunks, onion and cheese cooked in a skillet that you put over biscuit or toast and throw a gooey fried egg on top. My friends and I usually make it with ground beef instead of sausage and we like it better that way.

Also, there's a thing called American chop suey/goulash depending on where you get it that's ground beef, elbow macaroni and tomato sauce of some kind (I like to just use spaghetti sauce, but some people use condensed canned tomato soup). It's quick and easy. I like to add pepperoni to mine because I'm gross, lol...

Pasties are good. Ground beef, onion, turnip/parsnip, carrot in a little hand pie. You make a little bit of gravy for it, mix it with the filling, put it in a little bit of pie crust and wrap it up and bake it. So good.

I second the Shepherd's pie idea. That shit's the best...

7. Ashalicious

We don't have a bbq though, doll. We aren't allowed on on our balcony. Thanks for rubbing it in.

1 person likes this.
  8. Ashalicious

Okay, that sounds delish. You've definitely given me a good idea here - thanks Irm!

1 person likes this.
  9. deleted

deleted Visitor

you can buy a Hibachi portable grill take it to the park and cook out.

stuffed peppers and stuffed shells. Im sure your tired of Italian suggestions ..

one my throw back favs is in an electric skillet. brown the GB, add some Peas, and Egg noodles ..

shit on shingles , brown the GB, peppered gravy(you can buy this gravy already made, just add water) serve on burnt toast..

1 person likes this.
  10. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

No problem! ;)

At least you have a balcony though. That's cool.

11. Ashalicious

Yeah, a balcony is kind of essential, I think...

We're really lucky.

12. kevinkk

kevinkk Members

I like chinese food. The favourite dish for me is noodles with beef. I always get some new recipes from foodjj.com website. There are lots of cool ones from different cuisines.

13. Terrapin2190

Terrapin2190 I am nature.

Meatloaf!! It's low calories and tastes amazing with the right sauce. My mom uses a mix of 3/4 ketchup, 1/4 mustard and 1/4 brown sugar. Slap it on the loaf of MEAT when it's about half or 2/3 of the way done cooking. I've got some in my fridge ri na :)

Or you could make meat pies? I haven't tried it yet, but I'd imagine you could even make little meatloaf pies. Makes homemade pie crust with flour and water (might need a few other ingredients?) and just wrap em up into tiny meat pockets, close the ends with a fork to make em look nice n neat.

Yeah, I said it... meat pockets.

1 person likes this.
  14. Terrapin2190

Terrapin2190 I am nature.

What in the HELL. I meant to press the edit button. :D

15. deleted

deleted Visitor

Im going to have to try that mustard on the meatloaf.

16. Butterfly23

Butterfly23 Members

So many meat ideas in this thread, I even became hungry)

17. Pieceofmyheart

Pieceofmyheart Grumpy old bitch HipForums Supporter

stuffed peppers...cabbage rolls....chili