Do you trust the Media?

Discussion in 'The Media' started by PhotoDude, Jul 7, 2013.

1. meeses

meeses Member

HELL NO Governments own the media networks/newspapers so.... that tells you a lot ,unless you trust your government.

2. TheGratefulPhish

TheGratefulPhish Member

Some sources. Keeping in mind that America's news is meant to distract and entertain rather than inform.

3. odonII

odonII O

*snooze*

4. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

It's real,hard to tell some times but at the same time it ain't hard to tell either

5. drawinginblank

drawinginblank Member

I think there is sometimes a genuine aspect in the media. But they are there to sell. To find relation in the audience and go from there. I usually don't pay much attention it all.

6. Alex0256

Alex0256 Member

This. I never trust anything they say at face value.

It's just pointless fear mongering, the H1N1 "scare" is an example of this.

7. Bunnielight

Bunnielight Member

Do you trust the media?

Translation: do you trust peoples edited display of themselves when it makes them money?

Hello. No.

<3 Bunnie

1 person likes this.
  8. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

I'm pretty much having a media blackout.So many opinions,so many issues.News as "Entertainment"? Not for me.I find it all to be hyper-inflated,self-perpetuating hysteria.It's not my world,I'm just a stranger here,surplus to requirements.With global media now we have instant intelligence from all over the planet,all the disasters,bad shit happening.A hundred and fifty years ago maybe life was much more localised and you didn't have to worry about what was happening over the other side of the world,you could just get on with your little life.That's what I want to do.Is that selfish?.I don't know.I'm sorry but this big world problem doesn't fit inside my head.In this,and a few other ways,I am removing the head-clamp.To be free to be me.

9. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

They tell u about shit to make u think a certain way but don't tell about the shit we need to know about..they keep that shit classified cuz they don't want everybody to know what's really going on.

2 people like this.
  10. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

Would I trust the media? I dunno.
    Would you trust John Wayne Gacey to be your babysitter?

11. Lauralyn

Lauralyn Members

Absolutely not!!!! 100% I do my own research.
    No such thing of true journalism anymore.

2 people like this.
  12. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I grew up(?) in a little town of about 2000. EVERY time a story was printed about ANYONE in our town or the larger town 8 miles away about which I knew the facts---the story was WRONG. I learned early on that those that came up with and had stories printed ---were very sloppy in their chosen profession. Don't see how it would be much different than the corporate media that has agendas to serve. They can be/are sloppy on purpose.

13. Just_a_woman

Just_a_woman Member

Our brains, already kind of pushed in some direction by hormones, are further biased by experiences/environment. Media people brains are just the same.

So, even if one media person wants to give unbiased information, it just isn't possible.

Therefore, I don't trust it. I don't trust, nor believe in anything, nor anyone. Even not in myself, who I challenge all the time. Because we're all biased and very ignorant, all of us.

News people, even more so. I don't give a lot of credit to anything said by a person without a strong scientific background, someone who doesn't understand the scientific method and who doesn't know, at least passively, advanced statistics.

14. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

^ Excuse my ignorance here, but what do advanced statistics have to do with just reporting the facts of any news story?

I trust some media people more than others......but believe that everything is being censored by the bigger fish.....that is just life, now, isn't it?....but would we rather have no news at all about anything?

15. KewlJosh536

KewlJosh536 Member

MSM is pretty much held hostage by advertisers to keep the news politically correct

1 person likes this.
  16. Cannabliss88

Cannabliss88 Members

I don't trust any authority. I question everything and everyone and think for myself. The number of people I truly trust I can count on one hand so it goes without saying that a corporation owned entity like mainstream media is not something I trust. I always dig deeper.

I don't even watch the news these days to be honest it only makes me depressed and anxious and I'm so tired of shit they continually focus on 24/7.

I believe there is a conspiracy to keep us in a constant state of fear, constant fight or flight mode and the mainstream media does this quite effectively.

2 people like this.
  17. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

The absolute BEST way to be!!!

DONT BE A PUPPET!!!!!!

18. Cannabliss88

Cannabliss88 Members

Amen. Question everything even the people who question things. Question the mainstream media and question the conspiracy theorists. The important part is to do the critical thinking for yourself instead of letting other people think for you.

1 person likes this.
  19. Terrapin2190

Terrapin2190 I am nature.

I don't trust popular media.

1 person likes this.
  20. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I still stand by my remark on this subject from a year ago!