Do you trust the Media?

Discussion in 'The Media' started by PhotoDude, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

So what? Nobody is claiming you did.

Nobody did this either here, right? So that's why I ask who does that. And added that if other people do that, it can be said in all fairness that the same counts for the opposite (gave some examples to clarify what I ment). If that doesn't apply to you you don't have to take it personally.

2. Bud D

Bud D Member

That doesn't make a dick lick worth of sense.

I can't say that it gets a little old supporting the establishment. It's my fucking God damn right!

Doesn't mean I said that all the Government sucks or that all the media is bullshit. That's not what I said and it's what you heavily implied I was saying.

3. Asmodean

So you were talking about yourself when you said 'it gets a little old supporting the establishment all the time?'

I'm sorry, what do you mean you can't say that?

4. Bud D

Bud D Member

That should of had a ?

Maybe your not familiar with Americans? You don't live in the USA or know what the fuck I'm talking about?

5. Asmodean

I'm familiar with americans and american media, I just don't get what you ment. I'm sorry if it is something obvious that I might be missing because english is not my first language or something. At least I am asking you to explain what you ment. But I don't know why I bother. You seem an unworthy convo partner.

6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Has anyone ever watched the video where Cenk Uygar of the Young Turks explains why he left MSNBC? I've been trying to post it in this thread for ages, i dunno why i'm having so much trouble..but i figured I would just give up and strongly encourage you guys to look it up.

I wouldnt exactly call it eye opening as I suspected it probably happens all the time in journalism, but it is validating I guess.

7. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrKKkGl3TnY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEYkBA5ze6c

Haven't watched it... just helping post them.

8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Thanks! Idunno why i'm so dumb at technology lol

9. Cybenator

Cybenator Guest

Fifty years ago, the media's job was to REPORT the news, now days their job is to CREATE the news....

1 person likes this.
  10. Asmodean

Are you implying the media was more objective 50 years ago?

11. Cybenator

Cybenator Guest

Nope, I saying it's the money from advertisers and politicians are dictating what's released and what isn't. DWS and the DNC are a clear definition.

12. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

There a whole lot of news channels in these days of 400 channel menus from cable and satelite subscribers.

There is a ton of media out there.

13. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

It would be nice to be able to trust our media to be truthful. I don't...

There are times they talk too much, like revealing our plans in another country defensively. Can they not see how dumb this is? I have talked to others overseas on different message boards and the news sounds more truthful there about America than it does here. (UK, for example.)

Here, we have reporters and news anchors who are married to people who are in higher places. I saw this listed sometime ago on TV, and on Facebook. Not to mention who goes out together for a few cocktails after work, or maybe home with them afterwards lol.

1 person likes this.
  14. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

I think it's a matter of a clique-ish nature. He wasn't "in". As I listened to his story it reminded me of a situation in the workplace many yeas ago in my life. Sometimes it's better to throw in the towel and move on.
    It's better for your soul, and health.

15. vikinggundy

vikinggundy Members

I cannot stand the media and it's sad that it has gotten to this point. They used to read the news dn not interject feeling or opinions. What you heard were just the facts. Now every station has their views so if they are badmouthing someoe then you probably aren't going to hear the truth. I think we have turned into such sheep though that we don't realize its happening when we are listening to it.

16. aali_baba

aali_baba Members

of course we have to believe on some media .

i don't watch TV at all . they only produce mess and they do talk good but basically they are making our minds all the time .
    some news papers and some very careful reading on internet give good information .
    i don't believe on google search as well when we talk abut politics , religion and information . google earn money by campaigns as much as i observe. i have to search reverse to algorithms of google get some correct news. and also i need to view or listen two different mind set media .

17. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

18. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

1 person likes this.
  19. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

The media is just another part of the problem in the US. They can effectively lie by selectively editing video, sway public opinion by deciding what's 'newsworthy', cover one side of a story but not the other...and occasionally just plane lie the way Brian Williams did.

The coverage of Sylville Smith's sister calling for an end to the violence in Milwaukee, as told by CNN, is a perfect example of why I have a hard time trusting the national media. [​IMG]

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2016/08/16/media-falsely-portrays-sister-man-shot-milwaukee-police-calling-peace/

20. wedgesnobby

wedgesnobby Members

sometimes i do, sometime I don't.