Do you think people are born gay?

Discussion in 'Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans, etc.' started by TheSamantha, Dec 31, 2013.

1. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

This sums it up nicely

mefesh likes this.
  2. Biodome1980

Biodome1980 Guest

I wasn't born gay, but I was born bisexual. I've been sucking dick since I was 8. I've also always been attracted to women. Took me a while to admit it, but I'm perfectly happy knowing that I'm bisexual.

3. JaxJim

JaxJim Member

When someone asks me if I'm gay, straight or bi I answer "I'm Sexual". I enjoy both men and women. I also enjoy M2F and F2M transexuals. I totally enjoy giving pleasure to any human that wants to share their body with me. So, I was not born gay or straight, I was born to please and be pleased. Really opens up some exceptional experiences!

MJSkier and Si69 like this.
  4. Peaceful_LotusFlower

Peaceful_LotusFlower Member

To me, it doesn't matter. I respect people and whatever their sexuality is. If they are happy, they are happy.

I enjoy seeing people happy. Gay, Straight, Lesbian, Bisexual, whatever. Whatever they are. I don't judge. I'm happy for them. This is just my thoughts though, lol.

nudistguyny likes this.
  5. inthrutheoutdoor

inthrutheoutdoor Members

I get sexually aroused looking at both sexes so I'd say yes.

6. DaveTheBiGuy

DaveTheBiGuy Members

How does that answe the question "Do you think people are born gay" ?

7. soulpoker

soulpoker Senior Member

The age old question. There isn't a straight (no pun intended) answer, but to me the question doesn't make sense either. It's kind of like asking if you're born liking a color and have that color as your favorite for the rest of your life. You might have a clear favorite, or not. Your feeling for one in particular might be mixed and complicated. Is that genetically caused? If so why does it change?
    In my case I have accepted I am a bisexual and I don't question why I am a bisexual. It's better that way for me. I just question where to meet guys. Otherwise I will not allow myself to enjoy any opportunities because I will be thinking too much about it.

DaveTheBiGuy likes this.
  8. inthrutheoutdoor

inthrutheoutdoor Members

The fact the one gets aroused, as opposed to merely acknowledging someone is good looking means sexual attraction. Sexual attraction and VISUAL arousal, especially in males, is a lower brain function and therefore not learned behavior.

9. Paulievcvc

Paulievcvc Members

99% straight in my early 20s. 95% late 20s. 90% early 30s. 75% late 30s. Bi early 40s. 95% gay mid 40s. 99.5% gay now, at 49. I find women attractive but once I am turned on I want a man. I believe there are a LOT of men out there who start out straight and gradually turn bi or gay. Our DNA for the most part wants us to spread our seed when we are young and have healthier genes. As we get older our quest is more for pleasure and AVOID spreading our degenerated seed. Sex with men checks off both boxes. Otherwise I think other men are just born gay. Apart from society's stupid views that still prevail, they are the lucky ones.

DaveTheBiGuy likes this.
  10. Melancholyfornostalgia

Melancholyfornostalgia Members

You aren’t born anything you guys can argue about puberty and that but babies don’t have a single sexual hormone in their brain or body you don’t even know how to breath let along know what type of hole you like

If people want to say that during puberty you have a inherent interest that’s fine but no you aren’t born gay just like you aren’t born straight

11. Melancholyfornostalgia

That’s false orgasm can be achieve and then used to condition the brain into any fetish or sexual orientation

ALA Novelty, conditioning and attentional bias to sexual rewards - PubMed

12. Melancholyfornostalgia

There is no question sexual arduously is a hind brain thing but the parts that govern the image and reaction to it start pretty far up

13. nudistguyny

nudistguyny Senior Member

When a baby is born , How do they know if they are left handed or right handed ? Do they decide at birth and say " Hey from now on I am going to be left handed or right handed ?
    Of course not. Their brain is preconditioned as to what they favor as their strong side. It is not a choice at birth. They just know. Do you think sexuality is any different ? It is not a choice. It is predetermined before your even born .

Maccabee and FWKbi like this.
  14. Dulci Daily

Dulci Daily Members

A bit of clarity might be obtained by thinking about definitions of terms. What is meant by a "gay" person? It may mean (1) a person who feels sexual attraction to persons of the same sex; (2) a person who acts on that attraction in reality by having sex with one or more persons of the same sex; (3) a person who not only acts on the attraction, but thinks it a good idea to do so; or (4) a person who defines his or her identity in terms of sexual attraction to, or activity with, persons of the same sex.

None of these are things that newborn babies do, and many grown-up people don't do any of them either, so the question "Are people born gay?" might mean either "Are some people born with the capacity to do one or more of these things if they later choose to do so?" or "Are some people predetermined to do one or more of these things when they mature?" But there's no question that some people are born with the capacity to do some or all of the above if they later choose to. So, the disputed question "Are people born gay?" means "Are some people predetermined to do one or more of these things when they mature?"

Feeling or not feeling sexual attraction is not entirely voluntary, to say the least. I started feeling a secret desire to play the sexy girlfriend for a boy when I was a 10-year-old boy, without ever having decided that I wanted to have such a desire. I may have been predetermined to feel it, for all I know. If people conclude that they were predetermined to feel attracted to others of the same sex, I see no reason to doubt their word.

But the remaining meanings of a "gay" person--one who acts on the attraction in reality, one who thinks it a good idea to do so, and one who defines his or her identity as gay--have much more to do with voluntary choice than with any arguable predetermination. As to these meanings, the view that one may be "born gay" appears to be dubious and unproven at best. Is there some good argument for the view that one may be "born gay" in any of these apparently voluntary, non-predetermined senses?

FWKbi likes this.
  15. Daretobare

Daretobare Member

This is strictly my opinion of course. I think the answer lies a couple of ways. I was taught years back that after conception we develop in the womb as first a female. Throughout the stages we develop as either staying as a female or developing as a male. So quite possibly we carry both male and female hormones at birth. Distinguished by which is dominant is how we develop after birth.
    Next theory. I have a nephew and a niece that are from the same parents. He shows more feminine traits and she more male traits. It's been a family secret as to their sexual preferences but it is quite obvious to those who have met them. I myself and my wife actually have been informed by both that they are gay. Their parents keep them in the closet per say. Their father has a very quiet more passive demeanor and their mother is more aggressive in her ways. Could this be a factor in genetic make-up in them. Or a learned behavior that extended itself.
    Third theory. I never myself had any homosexual tendencies actually. As a teen I did experiment with some buds with minor touching of each other and circle jerks. Strictly in the curiosity sense. Throuout my adult life and my marriage I never urged or considered same sex play. I was totally content with my sex life with my wife. Now, in my sixties I have now developed bisexual tendencies. I have and enjoyed sex with a male friend. I feel my male hormones have diminished and the female hormones that too were born with are now prevailing causing my change as I age.
    Strictly my thoughts

16. Maccabee

Maccabee Luke 22:35-38

That is demonstrably false. Aside from the many anecdotes that counters your argument, science has demonstrated that the brain is wired for determining orientation.

17. Dulci Daily

Dulci Daily Members

That might be more convincing if you were to cite as many as one (1) actual scientific study that is supposed to demonstrate that point. Or it might not, if you can't answer questions like these:

(1) Is there an explanation in terms of "brain wiring" for the fact that numerous people have found their "orientation" (as to whether they're attracted or aroused by men, women, or both) to change over time?

(2) Is "brain wiring" supposed to explain not only spontaneous feelings of attraction or arousal, but also voluntary choices to engage in sexual activity, to regard the sexual activity as a good thing, and/or to define one's identity in terms of sexual orientation?

Have you got answers to these questions? If so, what are they?

FWKbi likes this.
  18. LowHangers

LowHangers Members

For many years this has been discussed and analyzed to great length. Has a clear and definitive answer ever been provided? Not in my opinion. I do believe that humans (both male and female) carry within themselves an amount of both feminine and masculine traits and traditionally men carry more masculine and women carry more feminine traits within their particular DNA. However, there are cases, many of them where the levels of either are more dominant within either a male or a female that takes more dominants towards the outcome of personal sexuality before, during, and after puberty. Many men and women are capable of indulging in what are labelled as "Gay sexual acts" with a same sex partner but it does not necessarily mean that individual is "gay" by definition. I myself have engaged in many sexual acts with other men yet never once did I consider myself to be gay being that I still held desires and needs to have sex with women. I personally never liked the term "GAY" as a label upon another human being but it's been accepted and is regularly utilized. I also believe the gay community brought upon themselves a lot of unnecessary pain and anguish by being so outspoken of their feelings because so many of them have flaunted it directly and many times disrespectfully in the faces of others. I have nothing against anyone who chooses to communicate to others the fact that they are "gay" but is it really necessary to do so? In the United States it's become more political like everything else in this country which in my opinion has caused more harm than good in the long run because the gains made never seem to be enough for those pushing the political side of the subject. We're all human beings and I know many people hate to hear that but right there is the root of the problem "HATE"...There is far too much of it globally and political agendas are trying to be met which simply IMHO drives a wedge between people, and cultures. I've been around for 58 years, and this is simply just my opinion as I have nothing to gain by contributing my words...I'm simply sharing my point of view and certainly hope I haven't offended anyone by doing so because it was never my intention to offend anyone.

Daretobare and Dulci Daily like this.
  19. nudistguyny

nudistguyny Senior Member

First we all must understand that there is no such thing as strictly male or female. Sexuality is very fluid. It can flow in any direction or even not at all. Less talked about are people who are born intersex . Hormones or sexual organs can be both male and female. Or any degree of the two.. History shows that intersex mammals have been on this plant since the beginning of life here. It is not something new. It has always be a part of life. Studies suggest that the rate of intersex births could be as high as one in ten births. A lot of times it does not physically show. But if and when it does Doctors often suggest corrective surgery on the baby. And it is often done not be which gender should they be. But which operation is easier to do.
    How much does this condition drive a persons sexual preference ? I honestly do not know of any studies done to show it . T

To say that it is a fad or personal choice is a sadly false statement.

20. soulpoker

soulpoker Senior Member

In principle I agree with you. I don't make it my business to police which gender everyone is hooking up with or falling in love with. Unfortunately some people do make it their business.
    Some people will discriminate in a job or apartment offer, and sadly this is all perfectly legal in a lot of US states. Some people go out of their way to restrict marriage to opposite sex pairings and protest against any other kind. Some people beat up others perceived to be gay for no valid reason. Parents kick their kids out of the house only because they're gay. Some people go so far as to kill gays with impunity.
    This is why gays do what they do. They're tired of this shit and want to be let to live like any normal, average person, getting married, adopting kids, buying real estate, holding hands while on a fucking walk. Of course it's political, because the oppressors make it so it can't be anything but.
    If homosexuality (or just anything not strictly cis heterosexual) didn't get any particular attention, I would also be wondering what the big deal is with those drag queens gallivanting down the street along the rainbow colored float. But enough people get all huffy about people who are different than them that something has to be said. It's a fight for identity, a fight for freedom, a fight for life.
    I hope I live to see the day where sexual orientation is no longer a big deal. Pride parades and rainbow buttons will no longer have a purpose. We just be with whomever we want to be no matter the gender and no one bitches about how much this offends Jay-zus.

Daretobare likes this.