Do you think people are born gay?

Discussion in 'Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans, etc.' started by TheSamantha, Dec 31, 2013.

1. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

And We Have The Perfect Example Of That Behaviour Right Here On "Hip Forums"......

With Our Very Own "Peroxided Primate"......[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

2 people like this.
  2. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

You dont seem to be doing much debating though, beyond one reply, then change the subject

We will stick with one subject: "No scientific evidence that people are born gay"

You have to define the context of what you are talking about, born with a trait, one is talking about genetics. No there is no gay gene, no one is born gay, otherwise their would be families with long lineages of gay people

I will say it again, just because a gay person uses the term "I was born gay" ,usually as defense to someone doubting their urges, doesnt mean that person knows she/he came out of the womb gay, or really cares, or understands genetics, its just an affirmation at that point in time

Your DNA code is just a template, you are not born with any definitive trait, just a higher probabilty of a trait. The idea that there is a gene for anything that determines a set outcome is just a hangover from 50 years ago when we didnt understand genetics

The argument never really existed

3. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I think a person can be genetically predispositioned for something - be it cancer, blue eyes, alcoholism or even being gay.

There HAS BEEN MEDICAL EVIDENCE that a gay person's brain (in autopsy) has something different about it than a heterosexual. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj9wu2zgarWAhXI4CYKHVmoBosQFgguMAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fbrainblogger.com%2F2015%2F05%2F14%2Fhomosexuality-in-the-brain%2F&usg=AFQjCNHfZEcVYMyftIrj64JnehX24x5qYA

Also about what you said Vanilla Gorilla - in MY FAMILY (both mother's and father's side) there have been MANY gay people!!! My brother is gay so I can't help but think there is something to it possibly being genetic.

Of everyone, I am the definition of having an abnormal sex life, according to Freud, because I haven't had ANY kind of sex life for around 20 yrs.

edit - ^^^ and this was (of course) my choice...I realized I couldn't handle another heartbreak because I seriously contemplated killing the last one that fucked over me (I actually planned it all out)...and I'm glad I didn't (now)...but I know myself. And its best for me to just leave all of that alone.

4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

This thread reminded me of one of my best elementary school friends. She was always a little rougher than most of the girls which is probably why I liked her, we used to play with bugs together..but I digress, anywho..you don't really think in terms of sexuality when you're that age but when you get older and think back on that person something sort of clicks

So I just looked her up on facebook and sure enough there are a bunch of pictures of her with her girlfriend

Which makes me curious if anyone who is gay in this thread wants to enlighten me, did you guys have an idea before puberty or is it something you didn't really think about until you hit puberty and sexual attraction started?

1 person likes this.
  5. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Oh. Okay.

Well, I disagree with your notion, so I can't answer your hypothetical situation.

6. Maccabee

Maccabee Luke 22:35-38

Being mentioned in the Bible and being condoned by the Bible are two different things. The Bible never condoned polygamy. But even if it were, it isn't the point.
    What if they practiced safe sex, marry beyond the years of reproduction, had abortions, or had the eggs removed? Would you still be against incest and if so, why? That aside, your premise wasnt the argument used by the LGBT. Their argument was as long as it's consensual. So all things being equal, why let one have rights but not the other?

7. Maccabee

It matters when you either believe that people are born gay or base laws on the premise that people are born gay.

Ultimately, yes. I think you're wrong for engaging in homosexual activity, but I can't control you and as long as you don't wave it in my face, we can be friends and I'll pray for you. The latter part about praying is regardless on whether or not we're friends.

We have the right to judge regardless. We judge mentally ill (who are actually proven to be born mentally ill) people who go on killing sprees don't we?

8. Maccabee

If nobody cares then why is there a thread asking people if they think gays are born that way? If you don't want dissenting opinions then don't ask the question.

9. Maccabee

That's a faulty line of argument. Animals also rape, molest their young, eat their young, and kill each other. Should we make all those things ok for us?

10. Maccabee

Well finally, someone presented actual evidence. However I posted a study a couple pages back (can't find it right now) that shows that if homosexuality was genetic, then identical twins would both exhibit homosexual behavior. It turned out that only a small percentage actually exihibited homsexuality in both twins. Since I couldn't find the link, I got another.

https://onenewsnow.com/perspectives/michael-brown/2014/09/08/no-one-is-born-gay

11. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

I don't think the laws were based on if people are born gay, just that they identify that way.

I'm not gay, but thanks lol

We have the right to judge regardless. We judge mentally ill (who are actually proven to be born mentally ill) people who go on killing sprees don't we?[/QUOTE]You're right, Maccabee, we all have the right to judge, but we don't have the right to legally discriminate against people whose lifestyles are different. Remember, they're consenting couples who want to get married. I'm just curious, why does this offend you? I'm not trying to change your mind, I think if someone is religious, depending on their beliefs, they will view homosexuality as an affront to their values.

12. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

I don't know why that ^^^ quote format is so messed up. lol

13. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

You think we're wrong, huh? You? Not God, not Jesus, not the Bible, not whatever, but you? YOU have a valid reason to think romantic love between two people with the same naughty bits is wrong?

If I ask you why, your statement won't begin with, "because the Bible says..."?

14. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I don't think it's a biological as much as a sociological phenomenon. :)
    I read a Wikipedia page about Biology or actually... My google search was about "The Gay Gene". And lots of results were saying "there is no gay gene!" but I think it's a lot of blogging which isn't very scientific or reliable. Anyway... The biological explanation talked about hormones and brain hemispheres. I didn't think it sounded reliable actually. And theories of socialization of children, and the way that we learn our culture, or subculture if you will, seem a little bit more in touch with how people come to that sort of realization.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biology_and_sexual_orientation

15. Maccabee

I'll just your last question. Ultimately, it doesn't offend me. If you ("you"in the general sense) want to be gay then go be gay. If you want to jump off a bridge, go for it. However, I as a Christian, have an obligation to warn you of the health a spiritual hazards of your lifestyle. Personally, I don't make mention of it unless the topic is brought up. Also if you (again, in the general sense) wave your homosexuality in my face then I'll say something.

16. Maccabee

God and the Bible is against it too.

Yes. The Bible says so and I'm against that for the same reason why I'm against, incest, polygamy, sex outside of marriage, and divorce.

I usually don't unless I'm talking to a Christian crowd. When dealing with those who disregard the Bible, I use science, logic, and stats as well as the Bible if brought up.

17. clark32

clark32 D`oh!

I personally think it's bullshit!

18. Maccabee

That's the first time I heard that criticism. Usually people will say that the Bible was written by middle eastern (non white) shepards.

redshoes likes this.
  19. Maccabee

Your opinion is irrelevant to the thread.

20. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Not really. If you are mainly coming from your religious faith in your conviction on this subject it is entirely valid, legit and relevant to point out this faith may be relevant to you, but really is of zero relevance to another person.
    Genius comeback though :D

redshoes and wilsjane like this.