Daylight Saving TIme Change

Discussion in 'Hip News' started by ~Zen~, Nov 4, 2023.

1. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

Don't forget to change your clocks tonight, you befuddled peoples in lands that still torture their populace with seasonal time adjustments.

Whoever invented that should be put in one of those places where they do basket weaving.

Daylight saving time (DST), also referred to as daylight savings time, daylight time (United States, Canada, and Australia), or summer time (United Kingdom, European Union, and others), is the practice of advancing clocks (typically by one hour) during warmer months so that darkness falls at a later clock time.

In the USA the torture began March 12 2023, and ends early tomorrow morning November 5.

It varies around the world, but here in Mexico they got rid of that last year. Yay!

397984951_7140230445988333_6295220406485393459_n.jpg

Native Vee and granite45 like this.
  2. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yea…at this latitude standard time works great year around also. No black trips to work or school in late fall and no more 11 pm twilights in summer

~Zen~ likes this.
  3. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

Either one, set it and leave it alone. Dunno why one hour can screw everybody up for days getting used to the new time...

~Zen~ likes this.
  4. wrat1

wrat1 Members

Agreed just quit changing it jeez!

~Zen~ likes this.
  5. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

In Ohio we changed the clocks back over the weekend. I had a couple medical tests this morning at 7:30 and all the clocks in the facility were wrong.

If we could vote on this I would go for stopping the changes twice a year. Pets certainly don't change their clocks.

~Zen~ likes this.
  6. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

I got it...let's change clocks just once a year......oh....wait....never mind....

~Zen~ likes this.
  7. NubbinsUp

NubbinsUp Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

As much as I dislike the time changes twice a year, it does save some energy consumption that would otherwise happen at latitudes far from the equator, such as where I live.

Near the equator, it's totally pointless.

Native Vee and ~Zen~ like this.
  8. Native Vee

Native Vee Members

I think its silly to change the time......

~Zen~ likes this.
  9. NubbinsUp

NubbinsUp Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I had to do the time change twice this Spring, first in my usual home country, and then on a trip to a country that changes the clocks weeks later. Even though I gained back in transit that first lost hour, it didn't feel like it. Losing an hour again was pretty tough, when the host country sprang forward, after I'd gotten used to the sunrise and sunset times in the host country.

~Zen~ likes this.
  10. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

Very confusing... I am so glad they do not have that where I live.

Native Vee likes this.