Cognitive Behavioural Therapy?

Discussion in 'Mental Health' started by Adamskiffle, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

Anybody here have CBT before.......I'm going to be having it in the next month or two....experiences?

2. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Ya , I've had experience with it . A 3 month program is required for it to be effective , likely a mix of
    group therapy and regular private counseling . The therapy program (free) for me was too brief , and
    the semi-professional therapists thought some sneaky involuntary hypnosis would make up for the weakness
    of the program .

The premise of CBT is self-knowing .

kurisu wilso likes this.
  3. fundoo

fundoo Members

I'm sure I'm doing something like this. I know I've done or have been challenged with CBT questions and techniques, but I haven't been specifically told about it. My therapist recognizes that I'm already very self aware, so she just kind of goes off of that. Sometimes I do find things I've never thought of before...sometimes that just frustrates me (when I get anxious about the shortcoming but can't see mysefl overcoming it), but other times, it helps me change troublesome behaviors/habits. Again, I think a variety of therapies are best for me. How's it going for you??

4. roccobkln

roccobkln Members

Adamskiffle likes this.